Author Topic: Help and Support  (Read 21479 times)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
Re: Help and Support
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 06:37:25 AM »
Hi NSands, I too am new, just started two weeks ago.  I can relate to your worry about the "fat" grams with this new "life style" it's NOT the fat grams but the SUGAR that gets us.  All those low fat foods we've been programmed to eat for the last 10 years or more have contributed to our weight because to get fat free food to taste good the mfg has increased carbs and sugars.  Weight Watchers "low fat" "low points" have TONS of sugar.  If you like coffemate, checkout their sugar free canisters.  There are 3 flavors and you can have a Tblspn for 2 net carbs versus the "fat free" which is 1 teaspoon for 2 net carbs.  I have the french vanilla and only use 2 teaspoons NOT the full tablespoon (1 net carb) for my creamer.  Good Luck, read those labels and it will work! 

Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 08:11:13 AM »
Hello NSands, don't be discouraged, this program is based purely on the science of the human body and you will lose if you stay under 20 net carbs per day. Your menu posted looks fine other than the Coffee Mate Liquid Creamer. Is the creamer sugar free? Look at the label and let us know.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 09:33:17 AM »
NSands you will do just fine just keep moving forward,we will help you. ;)

NSands

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 10:20:06 PM »
Thank you everyone.  Your tips and tricks are very encouraging and doable.  Doug, I appreciate your response as well.  The creamer is not sugar free, but I will be sure to purchase some and carry it with me always.

Any members with travel tips, and how to stay on plan, please send them my way.

[/url]

NSands

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 10:42:48 PM »
Nature's Hollow Sugar Free BBQ Sauce Sweetened with Xylitol 10 oz bottle - can we have this?  It says sugar free, but the Xylitol worries me.

[/url]

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 12:00:47 PM »
Nature's Hollow Sugar Free BBQ Sauce Sweetened with Xylitol 10 oz bottle - can we have this?  It says sugar free, but the Xylitol worries me.

Hi NSands! :)

That BBQ sauce is fine. But be careful as it has 2 net carbs per tablespoon.

Xylitol is my favorite sweetener for cooking.
It is a sugar alcohol (polyol).
Polyol carbs do NOT count as net carbs.
What you do today is what matters!

NSands

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 12:08:55 PM »
Mouseissue, thank you so much.  Just trying to make sure I have all the right things to be successful.

[/url]

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 12:30:43 PM »
Nsands,

If you want a really good BBQ sauce my daughter (TooSweet on forum) put me onto Walden Farms.  They have two flavors and both are extremely good and are 0 net carbs for a 2 Tablespoon serving.  Some groceries carry them and others do not.  From reading the forum some folks buy them online.

Good Luck

NSands

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 01:30:45 PM »
Thank you!  I like Walden Farms products.  I will check it out online.

[/url]

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 03:04:54 PM »
Xylitol is my favorite sweetner because it is made from birchbark,100% natural and is great for your teeth! ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »
Nsands,

If you want a really good BBQ sauce my daughter (TooSweet on forum) put me onto Walden Farms.  They have two flavors and both are extremely good and are 0 net carbs for a 2 Tablespoon serving.  Some groceries carry them and others do not.  From reading the forum some folks buy them online.

Good Luck

Walden Farms has several flavors of BBQ sauce that are all good.
My (and my wife's) personal favorite is their Thick & Spicy.
That stuff is soooooo goooood!!! :) :) :)

Although it's called "Thick", I find it a bit runny.
I'll put some in a bowl and stir in a LITTLE guar gum until it's the thickness I like.
Straight from the bottle is the bomb with pulled pork!... YUMMY!!! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:13:00 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2011, 01:57:19 PM »
Toosweet why didn't you tell us mom was here!!!! GEEZ!!!! :D :D :D :D
We love your daughter! :)

joagain

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2011, 04:39:17 PM »
yes we do  ;D

shawn116

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2011, 05:10:40 PM »
Awwww  you guys are great!!  ;D ;D  I have another mom that is eating FTS as well....LOL   She doesn't get on the forum though.   She is doing fantastic as well.  She was telling me that she is going to see the doc to maybe come off of her metformin.  Her blood sugar is staying well within normal range now to!!!  ;D ;D   I think everyone is excited to see how well it has done for me with my blood sugar... and I tell them how much I love it.   ;) ;)  They all hear me talk about it so much!!   ;D ;D 

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2011, 05:56:55 AM »
Awwww  you guys are great!!  ;D ;D  I have another mom that is eating FTS as well....LOL   She doesn't get on the forum though.   She is doing fantastic as well.  She was telling me that she is going to see the doc to maybe come off of her metformin.  Her blood sugar is staying well within normal range now to!!!  ;D ;D   I think everyone is excited to see how well it has done for me with my blood sugar... and I tell them how much I love it.   ;) ;)  They all hear me talk about it so much!!   ;D ;D 

AWESOME!    Will see her this weekend.  We are both very proud of the fact that you are off your meds now.  You are living proof that FTS worked for you.  You have been our inspiration.  Thanks for sharing and especially the help for this newbie!  PS, your bod looks good too, lol!

Not surprised everyone here loves TooSweet as much as we do, she is a special "Sweet" person.