Author Topic: S'mores  (Read 5258 times)

Rena

S'mores
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:00:42 AM »
Okay, we're going camping again soon and I know my boys will want to make S'mores while were sitting by the fire. I was thinking about making some for myself, but low-carb ones. I can order the SF marshmallows from Netrition and use SF chocolate bars, but what about the cracker? I was thinking of a Beanit Butter cookie and just using one with the marshmallow on top and the chocolate on that. Of course, it's a lot of sugar alcohols, so I wouldn't make many of them -- maybe one or two.

Any other ideas beside the BB cookies in replace of the graham crackers?

ETA -- The fact that I've just written a sequel to my picture book, THE MARSHMALLOW MAN, isn't helping me these days. I've been craving marshmallows and S'mores something awful because of that silly book.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: S'mores
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 08:47:30 AM »
What a cool idea for a kids book! Where can I see the first book? :)
My buddy Allen uses gg brancrisp for his smores :)

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 03:29:22 PM »
I'd use SF meringue shells/cookies, SF chocolate bar or Walden Farms SF chocolate dip, Walden Farms Sugar Free, calorie free, carb free marshmallow dip.  I was just thinking about this the other day myself how to do this. lol  Of course that depends on if you can get it in your area.  The dips are wonderful and totally guilt free.  This would make your snack totally no carbs!

Hope you come up with something good!
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 12:27:07 AM »
Rena so excited that you have a sequel to The Marshmallow Man! Carson and I love the book, our favorite part "run, run, run as fast as you can..." When will it be available?

Rena

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 09:38:42 AM »
Oh, Amber -- thanks for the picture! That's awesome. I'd love to put it on my website if you don't mind. If you do, then it's absolutely no problem. I only do that with permission.

As for the sequel -- I sent it to my publisher, but I haven't heard anything back yet, so it's not under contract. As of now, I have 3 more contracted picture books coming out and 2 middle grade novels. My publisher is a small, independent one and her schedule is booked, so I'm not sure when she'll be able to take on anymore just yet. IF a contract comes from the sequel, I will certainly let you know. The original story of The Marshmallow Man can be found @ www.4rvpublishingllc.com

I'm still leaning for the Beanit Butter cookies and the SF marshmallows/chocolate. I don't think I could use GG crispbread. Ack! Izzet, where are the SF meringue cookies? I looked in the bakery book, but didn't see them. Are they on this board? I'll have to search some more.

Rena

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 09:39:32 AM »
Oh, duh ... I see the recipe now, Izzet. Thanks!

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 09:49:34 AM »
Rena, that will be fine on the picture.  It is Carson my grandson and my youngest daughter Nikki.  I actually got a email "suggestion" from Amazon this morning on Stork Musters & Critter Clusters book, I will have to check it out. 
Thanks,

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »
What a cutie Amber!!  :)

Rena

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 12:54:11 PM »
Thanks, Amber! Stork Musters & Critter Clusters is my newest one. It's the 2nd in the Critter Series. Lemur Troops & Critter Groups was the first one. Both are a collection of rhymes that teach kids the names of animal congregations (pride of lions, troop of lemurs, etc), but you don't need the first book to understand the section. We just had so many that we broke it up into 3 books. The next one will probably be out really soon and it's called Pony Strings & Critter Things. AND ... there's a 4th book in the making, although it's not under contract yet. Fun books, to say the least.

I need to order my mashmallows from Netrition soon. I thought it would be fun to enjoy a s'more with the boys while camping, but try to keep it low-carb and see how they taste. :)

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 02:15:41 PM »
Ack! Izzet, where are the SF meringue cookies? I looked in the bakery book, but didn't see them. Are they on this board? I'll have to search some more.

It's on the videos by katary. :)
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 04:57:47 PM »
Ack! Izzet, where are the SF meringue cookies? I looked in the bakery book, but didn't see them. Are they on this board? I'll have to search some more.

It's on the videos by katary. :)
Jan was nice enough to post a written version of this recipe at http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=302.msg27942#msg27942

Thanks Jan! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 09:34:25 AM »
I've had the Miss Meringue cookies and they're really light and crunchy. I'm wondering if they're similiar to Katary's cookies. I haven't tried those yet.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »
They are and you can change flavors by adding extracts.I love chocolate mint or banana ;)

Rena

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 03:26:01 PM »
I've been meaning to make Katary's cookies, but keep forgetting to look for a liquid sweetner. I did notice, however, that Miss Meringue's cookies (available on Netrition) come to a NEGATIVE carb count. Is that possible? And if so, how does that work?

I'm still leaning towards a Beanit Butter cookie for my s'more. I usually make half a batch and make my cookies really small, but maybe I'll make them a little bigger. The way I've been craving PB and chocolate lately, this would probably be my best bet. Now off to order those SF marshmallows ...

http://www4.netrition.com/miss_meringue_sf_mini.html

By the way ... I love these Miss Meringue cookies. They taste just like chocolate cake batter! :D

joagain

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 04:09:33 PM »
I bought the vanilla & chocolate ones Rena and I had to throw them in the garbage ,no one liked them .  But that may just be us
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:09:52 PM by joagain »