Author Topic: The way people think...  (Read 4100 times)

snobles

The way people think...
« on: July 26, 2011, 02:51:44 PM »
I've been talking to this one girl at work, she works in the office, about F2s. Telling her it's low carb. She tells me that she eats "pasta" but, wheat pasta! She goes to the gym, her kid likes the Rasin Brain with extra rasins! Loaded with carbs. What I don't understand is, when I'm telling her about this site, it's like in one ear and out the other. She says, she gives herself a "carb day" to "reset" her system? What the heck are these people thinkin? She said our manager fasts for a day to "reset"  his system! She said she has her a personal trainer, and he tells her when she works out to eat peas? For carbs? She says, "he must know what he's talkin about, he's ripped." How can they possibly think they can "reset" their system? What are we Matrix people? LoL...

Rena

Re: The way people think...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 03:46:53 PM »
Yeah, it's interesting the way people think and how they think the human body works. However, I'm ALWAYS having to remind myself that there are plenty of skinny people out there who eat whatever they want -- massive amounts of carbs included. Many diets and eating plans work for people, but everyone is different. The key is finding what works for YOU and sticking with it.

joagain

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 04:09:53 PM »
I read a blog of someone that is following a low carb lifestyle (atkins ) and she was not losing so she went on a 7 day juicer all veggies & fruits and she lost 13 pounds  :o, She said she was consuming about 100 carbs a day but fewer calories then when she was staying under 20 carbs .  ,

We were at Burger King yesterday as I ate my cheeseburger with no bun & a side salad I looked around and everyone in there at that time was thin and eating french fries and hamburgers , I guess we are just not able to eat like that and lose weight or stay the same . Like Rena said some eating plans work well for others ,we go with what works  ;)

I am just glad that I am free of the addiction to bread that I had  ;D

Rena

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 04:44:44 PM »
IWe were at Burger King yesterday as I ate my cheeseburger with no bun & a side salad I looked around and everyone in there at that time was thin and eating french fries and hamburgers , I guess we are just not able to eat like that

I see that too, Jo -- thin, healthy-looking people all around me eating whatever they want. I don't think it's that we CAN'T eat like they do. I think we can -- just not everyday. The thing is we don't know how often they eat like that, how active they are, or anything else about those people. It's not like the world would end if I ate a hamburger bun or some fries. I might not get to my goal weight as quick, which is why I don't.

But in all honesty, I've lost weight doing other programs, so I won't tell someone one way is the only way. Herbalife worked great for me, but after so many years, I got burned out. Then I had 2 more children and it just went from there. The key is finding a way of eating that not only allows you to manage your weight, but also one that you enjoy enough to stick with. For me, the low-carb stuff isn't a struggle because there's plenty of food I like. That doesn't mean I'm never going to eat a hamburger bun again. I know I will eventually. Maybe even an Oreo too!  :o

joagain

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »
Ditto to everything you just said Rena  ;D

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 09:13:31 PM »
Double ditto to both of you  :) :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 08:30:11 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 12:49:20 PM »
This conversation reminds me that one of the major benefits of the FTS program is learning how our bodies respond to various foods.

After we reach our goals, armed with that knowledge, we can go forth and enjoy the occasional burger with bun, Oreo cookie, etc..
When our bodies react to those foods, we know what we need to do to quickly "recover" so that we can indulge again at some point without gaining and holding excess weight.

In a nutshell... FTS gives us control over our bodies and appetites rather than the other way around!
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 01:09:58 PM »
Exactly, Tony, and it's even more so for those sensitive to sugar and/or who have diabetes.

Stephanie -- I hope you don't take my replies to this thread in a negative way. I think it's awesome you're telling people about the FTS way and the benefits of cutting out carbs/excessive sugar. I've led a lot of people to Doug's book and this forum myself just by my results alone. Although I said I believe other diets will work for people, that's MY belief and doesn't reflect on the beliefs of anyone else on this forum. I simply believe that because I've had success in other areas. Low-carb works for me because I like the foods and I don't see myself being as burned out over the long-term. Anyway, I didn't want you to think I was going against what you said about sharing the program with others. Everyone is different and one program might work for one person, but not another. And like you said, a lot of times what we say to people goes in one ear and right out the other. I have friends motivated to lose weight just from seeing my results, and yet, they're all trying it in ways they think is best for them. I guess trying is the first step in anything. :)

snobles

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 08:35:58 PM »
No harm done Rena!! I just have never heard of reseting yourself or any of the things she was telling me! I am glad I was already full swing with ft2 before she started telling me about her "diet"! I know I have tried other programs as well, and they didn't work. To me this is the simplest way in the world to loose weight, but what I'm finding out, the more I talk to people about it, the more they turn the other ear, you know? I just can't understand why people find this program so hard?
But like I said, no harm done!  ;D

Rena

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 08:52:15 PM »
It's simple -- people refuse to give up the foods that keep them heavy. It's like telling an alcoholic he can't have another drink. Some people aren't willing to make the sacrifice. Your results will speak for themselves. :)

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 09:37:50 PM »
Yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about.  My aunt just told me last night that she cheated while on vacation for a week.  She had HOT Krispy creme donuts, seafood, biscuits and gravy, basically ANYTHING she wanted.  She had lost about the same as me when she left. She told me she'd tell me IF, IF mind you, she had gained any back b/c she was convinced she'd TRICKED her body and that she may even have lost more weight......LOL.  I said, IF YOU'VE GAINED?  I told her that i went to Chicago for two days and ate TWO pieces of pizza but was otherwise on plan and walked 10 miles per day and gained FOUR POUNDS in TWO DAYS.........IF was a funny choice of word....haven't heard back from her. :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 11:00:43 PM »
It's simple -- people refuse to give up the foods that keep them heavy. It's like telling an alcoholic he can't have another drink. Some people aren't willing to make the sacrifice. Your results will speak for themselves. :)

Well said, Rena!
That's the problem in a nutshell.

What they don't know is that we REPLACE those foods with great tasting replacements that help us lose weight.

But there will always be those overweight folks that have to have traditional pizzas with the thick crusts.
They don't want to change!... It's sad. But it's also that simple!
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 08:31:31 AM »
One of my dearest friends is over 400 pounds at 5'2.She is a very intelligent woman,but she refuses to give up her italian food.She can't walk and uses a scooter.I have tried for years to help her but all my advice falls on deaf ears.It is very frustrating for me to see her because she refuses to help herself.Her feet are blue and she is in alot of pain but still won't change. ???

snobles

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 10:56:26 AM »
@Umpa, my sister n law probably weighs about the same as your friend, if not more. We have told her and told her to check out the forum. She called my husband last night wanting him to send her the books via email, but my husband told her, you can't do the "way of life" one day, and then go back to the way you were eating the next day! It'll never work! She refuses to give up her sweets!