Author Topic: BRRR ... but good!  (Read 6986 times)

Rena

BRRR ... but good!
« on: July 26, 2011, 08:11:59 PM »
Well, tonight I'm not starving or famished or grazing ... I'm chilled. BRRR!

I just made a milkshake using a cup of Silk Unsweetened Almond milk (0 carbs), a serving of Walden Farms Caramel Dip, and a whole blender of crushed ice. For some reason, the WFs dipping sauces are a lot better as milkshakes than the syrups. It gives it more of a texture. It was enough to fill up one of those big plastic tumblers and thick enough to eat with a spoon like ice cream. It's funny, but the caramel dip tastes more like butterscotch when you add it to milk.

I have a bad case of the shakes right now -- pun intended. :D I think I need a sweater.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: BRRR ... but good!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:10:25 AM »
I Love the Walden Farms Caramel sauce, it's different from the dip....... Your shake sounds delicious  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:23:30 AM »
Know what I am making today! ;)

Rena

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 10:43:22 AM »
Yeah, Doug, I've noticed the caramel stuff does taste a little different. For some reason though, the dipping sauce gives the shakes more texture.

I just found some of the WFs blueberry syrup, but I haven't tried it yet.

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »
Rena,

You are a genius.  My boys love shakes (as does Paul). I am making this tonight! 
And I have all the ingredients! ;D

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

Rena

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 05:04:07 PM »
I just made one with the WF Marshmallow Dip. It was really creamy and FINALLY something I can make with that flavor!

I'm thinking it would be really, really good with unsweetened coconut milk. I'm going to try that next.

You could make the shakes more creamy by adding a little heavy cream to them. I don't because I use cream in my coffee and like keeping it to one serving (1T) per day. I think everyone uses heavy cream in their PB shakes, right? I just don't like using too much of it per day myself.

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 08:07:47 PM »
Rena girl.. you are amazing.. how clever... dang nab it..going to buy that this weekend...yum yum
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 08:34:51 AM »
I made this yesterday Rena.i used the chocolate dip and beanit butter! i could only eat half!I was so stuffed! Great for hot flashes!!! :D

Rena

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 08:57:06 PM »
The marshmallow dip is really good in this. I'm thinking with coconut milk it would be even better. And maybe even a few drops of banana extract. Can you find pineapple extract? It would almost be like a faux pina colada!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
If you find pineapple let me know!! :o

Rena

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 10:19:46 AM »
I will, Umpa. I looked at a few places last night, but didn't see it. Actually, now that I think about it, our local pharmacy has some stuff and they might have it. I'm going there this week for my thyroid meds, so I'll look for it there.

I did put some banana extract in my almond milk/marshmallow dip shake last night and that was really good. I totally forgot to buy coconut milk. I think that would be awesome with the marshmallow dip. Coconut milk is 1 carb per cup, compared to 0 for Silk Unsweetened.

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 11:34:39 AM »
All the shakes everyone makes sound soooo good.  Have had the chocolate and now a better strawberry.  TooSweet went shopping last week and found the Hersey's SF strawberry syrup about 30 miles from us.  I had emailed Hersey's and LOL they said no one within 100 miles sold it...hmmmm...but we have it now. 
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Rena

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »
Suzlyn -- What's the carb count on the SF Hershey's Strawberry Syrup?

I have some of the Walden Farms Blueberry Syrup, but haven't tried that yet. I was wondering if the WFs fruit spreads might have a good consistency for a shake also.

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »
Rena, the SF Hersey's strawberry is 0 net carbs for 2 tablespoon serving 4 carbs with 4 s/a.  It just isn't a real strong strawberry flavor to me.  I have added Smuckers SF strawberry topping to add more consistency but it really doesn't help.  I need to shop online for some WF syrups and spreads.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:02:35 PM by suzlyn454 »
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

owensmath

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »
Has anyone tried the new alcohol free "mock alcohol" cystal light mixes? I saw an advertisement for them and I've read online several positive reviews. I'll have to look for them in the store this week. I saw that they have a mojito, and also a margarita flavor mix. I'm not sure about the carb count yet.