Author Topic: Dixie Carb Counters Blueberry Cream Muffins  (Read 3386 times)

Joanne

• View Profile
Dixie Carb Counters Blueberry Cream Muffins
« on: May 22, 2010, 12:05:45 PM »
Has anyone else tried these?
I made them this am, followed the simple directions and they do not taste good at all :(

schultzkr01

• View Profile
Re: Dixie Carb Counters Blueberry Cream Muffins
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:34:46 AM »
Hi Joanne!  I haven't tried the Dixie Diner blueberry muffins but I just posted a recipe for my own low carb blueberry muffins!  Check out the Recipe Exchange board :)

Rena

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:04:28 PM »
I made these last night and they're okay -- nothing to write home about, but just okay. I froze the leftovers and plan to eat them gradually because they're 4 carbs each.

Off to look at the other muffins on this site, aside from the OMM ...

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 07:21:23 AM »
Off to look at the other muffins on this site, aside from the OMM ...
Rena, did you try the Bran Muffin recipe that Umpa helped me convert over.  They are delicious!!  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2495.0

Rena

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 10:18:47 AM »
No, I haven't tried them yet, Pattie, but I'd like to. I only made the Dixie ones because we got the mix in a variety pack awhile back. It was just sitting in the cupboard, so I figured I'd give them a try. At 4 carbs per muffin, I don't think I'll buy it again.

I'm off to check your link and see how many carbs your bran ones are. I see Umpa has some Lemon Muffins and Banana Walnut Muffins in the bakery book. I might try those as well, but first I need to eat up the ones in the freezer.

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 06:35:46 AM »
Rena I have made the banana muffins in the book and they are really good.  It's a good idea to keep these in the freezer to...LOL  If I remember right they are much lower in carbs but it is easier to want to eat them more  ;)  While I am wanting to keep up my weight loss I think I will stick with the one minute muffins.  I can make and eat those and be done with it.  None left in the kitchen calling me to come eat them!!!!  ;D ;D  After I reach my goal.... they are nice recipes to have around. 

ShihTzuMom1  I have had that Bran Muffin recipe on my desk top for a while... I've been waiting to try it.  Now I know I need to....LOL  By the way your new pictures are great....glad you are enjoying the new you  ;)