Author Topic: O carbs - yep! Seaweed....but it's good  (Read 3545 times)

owensmath

O carbs - yep! Seaweed....but it's good
« on: July 22, 2011, 05:06:54 PM »
I am in Annapolis visiting my son right now and stopped at Trader Joe's to look around. I found their Roasted Seaweed snack that has 1 g carb - 1 g fiber = 0 net carbs per serving. A serving is half the package and there are only 30 calories in a serving, too.  It's different, but kind of interesting. Here is a link to it on amazon so you can see it: http://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-Roasted-Seaweed-Snack/dp/B003VG0MYY

Rena

Re: O carbs - yep! Seaweed....but it's good
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 09:51:53 PM »
Cool -- thanks for the info. I love TJs, but we don't have them in Montana. I used to shop there all the time in California. There's a rumor we might be getting one south of here, but I don't know when. If we don't, I'll have my ILs get me some of this because they send me TJs stuff from time to miss. I really miss that place!

owensmath

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 09:54:31 PM »
I saw something similar that was wasabi flavored at Whole Foods.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 08:54:20 AM »
i LOVE SEAWEED! it is so good for you owensmath!What is trader Joes? :) Have fun with your son!

owensmath

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 09:06:07 AM »
Trader Joe's is a grocery store that seems to focus on whole foods, healthy foods, and weird stuff! LOL

Rena

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 11:11:20 AM »
http://www.traderjoes.com/

TJs originated in SoCA, I think, and they specialize in a lot of imports. I haven't been in a store since doing low-carb, so I'm not sure how much they have to offer in that department. They do have a lot of organic foods, imports, and other things you can't find elsewhere. Sad thing is that they don't ship online. I had heard a rumour Missoula, MT was getting one, but I don't think that's right. It's not listed. There will be one opening in Spokane, WA and that's 4 hours from here. The other closest one is Seattle, which is a good 8-9 hours. Ugh. I miss TJs!

owensmath

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 04:55:47 PM »
They have a store brand of peanut butter that I love! It's made from Valencia peanuts, crunchy style or smooth, (I prefer crunchy) and it has flax seeds in it! It's 2 g net carbs per 2 Tb, which is better than most other peanut butters. The best one I've found other than this is still 4 g net carbs. This PB is awesome with the flax seeds in it.