Author Topic: Belly aches  (Read 4954 times)

Cathy

• View Profile
Belly aches
« on: May 12, 2010, 05:55:01 PM »
I'm really trying hard.  I packed celery and carrot sticks for my afternoon snack.  I just realized that I need to do more celery and less carrots, I was do even amount of both.  But I find having a salad at lunch and then my snack, I'm getting a terrible belly ache by the time I get home.  This has been every day this week.  Will this go away or should I change my menu?  

[/url]

Phil

• Realize how rotten sugar is for your health.
    • View Profile
Re: Belly aches
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 08:05:48 PM »
Cathy are you eating any thing else besides carrots and celery? Doug is the expert. Myself I cant eat carrots because of the sugar content. I take chicken and other proteins with me to work and heat in the microwave. So I don't get hungry.
And if I claim to be a wise man. It surely means that I don't know... Kansas

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 05:10:43 AM »
I always got a little belly ache from eating lotsa celery and carrots. Carrots have more sugar anyway. try some bacon. or put some cream cheese  on your celery!

Cathy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 06:12:02 AM »
Thank you.  I think I'm going to omit the carrots totally.  It's higher in carbs and it could be the reason for the bellyache.  They are a much harder vegetable.  There's not that much left here, so I'll cook the rest for dinner.  My other half will eat them.  The problem is that I started this "healthy eating" without going to the grocery store.  I've got to use up what I have here.  Can't afford to throw food away.  But I'm being selective on what I make so he can eat also and I can have my choice.  He has to eat, very lean guy he is, just makes it a little harder. 

[/url]

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 11:08:16 AM »
Fiber is causing the belly aches(gas)..No carrotts. Lotsa water will also help.When you eat veggies include protien and your problem will end.

Cathy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 02:44:10 PM »
thanks umpa, I do drink alot of water.  At least I think I do.. almost a gallon a day, not quite.  As for those veggies, I'll be adding protein when I eat them.  And no more carrots.  I can feel my attitude changing, like thinking more positive.  Don't get me wrong, still moody, and boy can I swing.. lol   I usually find this happens when I'm hungry and nothing in reach to eat.  I too am diabetic (II), so that probally has alot to do with it also. 

[/url]

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 03:09:33 PM »
Cathy, it's very important to have snack trays at arms reach in the fridge. One of my all time favorites is your favorite cold cuts rolled up with a half piece of cheese with something crunchy inside (red pepper, celery, green bean, asparagus etc...) toothpick stuck in with a green olive then drizzled with olive oil and topped with cracked pepper. Easy to make, filling, fast and really yummy. As explained in the book snack trays are an important element in the FAT TO SKINNY program. 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Cathy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 06:37:13 PM »
Oh, I can see this being one of my all time favorites too.  I always grabbed meat & cheese rolls all my life, thought that was making me fat.  But it was missing something.  The Crunch.  I know that would be more satisfying.  I love the olive on top, salt.  I'm going back to the book and make some notes.  thanks

[/url]

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 08:56:16 AM »
Always try to be prepared before you get hungry.When i am  out working i throw some tortillas in my purse just in case i cant get home and i will stop at burger king and get a burger ,no ketchup and take it out of their bread and put it in my low carb tortillas.The problem is when you go out to lunch with girlfriends bring enough for everyone because they always want the tortillas. ;D