Author Topic: I need to know how to make perfect boiled eggs  (Read 5126 times)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I need to know how to make perfect boiled eggs
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 07:29:21 PM »
ok, 1st off, Doug made me laugh soooo much..... ;D ;D ;D ;D
I think that I will avoid the egg missle technique..

Jo, by the time I read your post the order had already been placed....  my eggs look like they were hacked by an ax every am...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

joagain

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 01:19:30 PM »
well I was coming on here today to say I boiled & peeled a dozen PERFECT eggs today . I took a little bit of everyones advice .this is what I did

I put hte eggs in the pot
covered with water
added 1 Tablespoon of vinegar
when eggs started to boil I put top on turned off heat
let sit with top on for 10 min.
then ran cold water over them
add ice to pot
let sit for about 5-10 min.
 AND I HAD  12 PERFECT EGGS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE  ;D!!!!!!!!!! Thanks FTS friends

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 09:15:25 PM »
I can boil an egg, haha at least now I can.  When younger my precious mom told me to go put some eggs on to boil, I did and than we all smelled this horrible smell, turned out I had  not put water in the kettle, hahaha, yep live and learn the hard way  ;D ;D ;D
But if you take a needle or nail and poke a small hole in the fat end of the egg, the yolk will be perfectly in the center and that really helps when making deviled eggs.  Yes they must be soaked in ice cold water for a few, than they peel really easy.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 06:57:03 AM »

AND I HAD  12 PERFECT EGGS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE  ;D!!!!!!!!!! Thanks FTS friends

Okay!!!!!  I have printed this and plan to make some boiled eggs today.  It seems like everytime I start buying something (Egglands boiled eggs in a bag) the store stops stocking it!!!  ::)  So now I am forced to join the ranks of boiling my own LOL.  Thanks Jo for sharing.
Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

joagain

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 07:02:21 AM »
Let me know Suz I was so excited .sad that is what gets me excited these days  LOL but it is what it is !!! ;)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 07:18:33 AM »
 :D ;)
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

BarbaraBuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 08:54:00 AM »
I had to laugh when I saw this post! My husband and I have shared many a conversation over this very subject! I have heard almost every one of the offered suggestions...the pressure cooker one is new to me and when i think about how large my cooker is and compare the number of eggs I would want boiled, i have to giggle!  :D
I was surprised to read Doug's post about using fresh eggs. All my cooking life, I have been told that the older eggs peel so much better. And in my personal experience, this has often proven to be true. I just boiled three eggs the other evening to make deviled eggs for supper. I grabbed the oldest eggs in the fridge, filled my pan full of water, gently placed the eggs in the pan, sprinkled a bit of salt in the pan, covered the pan with the lid, turned the dial to 9 -the highest heating on my stove top, and then sat down at the computer, logged in the FTS forum, read several recipes, tuned in to the sounds of the kitchen and heard that the water was boiling. I got up, turned the dial off. Since it is an electric stove, it continues to cook for a while longer, so I left the pan on the burner, lid still on. Then after reading several more posts in the forum...and playing a  computer game, I then put the pan in the sink, running cold water over the hot water until the hot water in the pan was all displaced by the cold. Then I began peeling. A friend had shared a peeling tip with me this past summer- crack the ends, then rub the egg between your palms then peel. Works like a charm. Three lovely boiled eggs appeared.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 11:15:23 AM »
Let me know Suz I was so excited .sad that is what gets me excited these days  LOL but it is what it is !!! ;)

Hi Jo! :)

How to make perfect boiled eggs has plagued society for as long as I can remember.
Everyone who likes boiled eggs, enjoys them best when they peel perfectly. And no one likes to peel off chunks of egg white.

Boiled eggs are an important part of my FTS lifestyle... Don't know what I'd do without them.
Perfectly boiled eggs excite me too! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 11:35:46 AM »
I am glad I am not the only one getting excited oveer little things , Can you imagine what I will do when I reach my goal  ;D ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 12:17:54 PM »
Like they say, it's the simple little things in life that are the best. ;)

When you reach you're goal, I'll be jumping up and down with you, Jo!!! :) :) :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 02:07:56 PM »
As I will with you Love ya Tony ! ;)