Author Topic: newbie to FTS  (Read 1902 times)

lovie5

• View Profile
newbie to FTS
« on: August 02, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
hi everyone.  im new to fts and really need encouragement.  im 5'1" and bording on 230lbs.  i cant breathe when i sit and my fat clothes dont even fit anymore. :'(  i cant live like this anymore.  i have to do something.  im a stress eater so im hoping this will be the last thing i have to try.  im not trying to loose weight.  the way i see it, im not liiking to find it either so i like to say i want to remove the weight.  so if anyone has any suggestions im all ears.

joagain

Re: newbie to FTS
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 09:07:56 PM »
Welcome lovie5 ,Just stick to under 20 carbs and get most of those carbs from veggies  , FTS works as long as you hold on and go through the detox and cravings . After that it is easy !! You will feel so much better you just have no idea .

I was where you were last year just sick & tired of being sick & tired of being fat . FTS is easy but it is in your hands ,we will be here for any questions you have .

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 06:16:15 AM »
Hi lovie5,

Welcome to FTS.  What helped me was to be aware of how many carbs are actually in all the foods I had been eating.  Take an inventory of what you have in your frig, pantry, everywhere.  Just read those labels and be in shock how many carbs are in pasta, rice, even some of my favorite canned veggies, etc.  For me those are poison and why I gained the weight I have.  I have set a goal of 60 total pounds which may not seem like a lot to some folks.  But for me I have always been overweight and am 57, lots of years of struggling with extra pounds, feeling inferior because I couldn't lose.  I have also realized I am a binge eater, whole bags of chips, whole can of nuts, half a loaf of bread with peanut butter and syrup.  I was looking for satisfaction and it was always in food.  Food controlled me.  Thanks to FTS and cutting carbs I am not doing that anymore.  This is a great forum, lots of help, lots of recipes (with great pictures too!).  Watch Doug's cooking videos and learn how to prepare foods that are low carb.  You'll be surprised how much you can eat and not feel deprived.  Good Luck on your new you.
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 07:56:44 AM »
Hi Lovie5!  You have definitely come to the right place!  We are all in this together and here everyday for each other!  I hope you have read Doug's book, because it explains everything.  Be sure to check out the recipe exchange section.  Hang on for 2 weeks, and you will be on your way to a new YOU!  ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 08:11:07 AM »
Welcome to the family lovie5 :) The first thing I want you to do is have faith that we know what we're doing...because we do  8)  The next thing I want to be sure of is that you read FAT TO SKINNY, Fast and Easy... The book will be your "new you" bible, the growing community we have here at the forum will be your support group. Visit often, read many posts, and be vocal  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Lovie5! I am Umpa,Dougs wife :) If I can help you please ask.First step read the book it will take you about 2 hours and it will open your eyes.The reason Fat to Skinny works so well is that we don't remove anything from your diet we replace it.That way after you lose the weight there are no bad foods to add back in to gain the weight back.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. Detox takes two weeks then you will feel like a million bucks! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 12:30:34 PM »
Welcome to the family, lovie5! :) :) :) :)

We are all in this together and will help you in any way we can.

I used to eat when I was stressed too.
After living the FTS lifestyle for a time, my urges to "comfort" eat came along less and less.
Now, I can't remember the last time I ate for comfort.

If you follow the FTS rules as laid out in Doug's book, you'll find that your appetite will decrease substantially.
And you will lose those urges to eat things that make you FAT (i.e. high in net carbs) going away as well.

Looking forward to hearing about your FTS journey! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 01:10:33 PM »
Welcome Lovie5..

This is truly one of the best choices you have ever made... You can and you WILL remove the weight as long as you are ready to commit yourself.. The hardest part is detox.. It can be a little overwhelming but it is also manageable. make sure to read the book and I always suggest getting the cookbook.. Why?? It takes the stress of deciding what to cook or even you have the right ingredients... It helped me a lot...

I wish you the best of luck and one more thing, if you find that you are struggling, dont give up, come to us because we will be here for you...We have all fallen off at some time.. its all about getting up and moving forward...

Alex
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt