Author Topic: Eating Mexican at restaurant ... how do I count?  (Read 4757 times)

liveright101

• View Profile
Eating Mexican at restaurant ... how do I count?
« on: May 13, 2010, 10:07:17 PM »
Hi,
I just started the program on Monday. I am in sales and have to take clients to lunch often. Mexican is the restaurant choice tomorrow. What works?? Help!
Thanks!!
L
"The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps -- we must step up the stairs."  -- Vance Havner

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Eating Mexican at restaurant ... how do I count?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 10:16:03 PM »
That's easy :) steak and chicken fajitas, ask for the plate without rice, beans or tortillas, instead ask the waitress for a plate loaded up with lettuce, put all the fajita fixins on top, the meat, cheese guacamole, sour cream, onions and peppers. At the beginning of the meal when everyone else is eating chips and dip you'll have the perfect opportunity to sell because there won't be anything in your mouth  ;D

Enjoy your lunch and good luck with the account!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

liveright101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 10:28:31 PM »
Wow! Quick response : ) What would the net carb count be? And I'm a picky eater, so I won't have the guacomole. Thanks, tons!!!
"The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps -- we must step up the stairs."  -- Vance Havner

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 05:12:36 AM »
I like the chicken with spinach and cheese as well. I get no rice or bean. I just take my own tortilla!!

liveright101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 01:43:15 PM »
WOW!! I was the gal you could count on ordering the Chicken taco salad, with bowl and eat most of it ... especially the bowl. So today was a test of sorts. Remember, I am a picky eater  ::)

It was fun today ordering something completely new to me. It was delicious! And I have leftovers for dinner. The really fun part was two others ordered fajitas WITH the beans, rice and shells and they thought mine looked better! I confidently told them they were right! It actually didn't come with cheese, guacomole or sour cream, but I was fine with that. They garnished the lettuce with yellow, green and red pepper and there were delicious grilled tomatoes in the fajitas with the onions and peppers!!

Yum! Yum!!

Thanks for the tips : )
L

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 01:59:18 PM »
Dont forget to count your carbs though. Tomatoes and onions are kinda high carb in my opinion. They can add up!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 07:39:26 PM »
You did well liveright! ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 04:10:01 PM »
I have cake all the time lol. Check out my chocolate raspberry cake recipe in the recipe exchange!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 07:08:59 PM »
Oh liveright you are gonna love the forum!!We are all very spoiled and we dont go without anything!I am dougs wife and I have a replacement for just about anything and if I dont one of my forum  members do! ;D Congrats on your weight loss! We are all here to support you, so dont be shy about asking for help!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Liveright success story topic moved
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 09:48:01 AM »
Hi Liverrigt, what a wonderful success story! I'm so excited for you. I moved your story to the Success Story board and re-named it "I've found the answer". Keep up the great work ;D
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

liveright101

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 07:41:17 PM »
Crazy to be called a "Success Story" in such a short time ... just more motivation to keep going : ) Thanks, all! Here's to another great week!!
L