Author Topic: How Long????  (Read 4879 times)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
How Long????
« on: August 16, 2011, 06:12:48 AM »
I was talking with a friend yesterday about FTS.  I mentioned how much I had lost and how great I was feeling.  I love her a lot but the first question she asked me was "how long are you going to be on that diet?" LOL.  My reply "forever", but that I wasn't on a diet.  That I have made a decision that this is the way I will eat the rest of my life.  YEAH FTS!! :D 8)
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

shawn116

Re: How Long????
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 08:50:01 AM »
Funny how some people think of it as a diet.....LOL  When ever I tell some how I have been able to come off of my diabetes meds ( and now my blood pressure med YIPPEE!!!!) they ask me what will you do when you come off the diet????  LOL  To funny!!  Why would I want to go back to eating the way I use to???   :o :o   Not only do I literally feel sick when I eat sugar or to many carbs but I know I was quickly killing myself  :P  I would like to be old someday!!!  ;D ;D ;D  Thanks to FTS I will have a better chance getting there  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:36:28 AM »
I agree! I love the way I eat.I feel great! My energy is through the roof.If I eat sugar I feel like I have the flu!I am so miserable.I always tell people its like quitting smoking,once you get over the nicotine and clean it out of your system do you light up another cigarette?I think sugar addiction and nicotine are very similar. :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 12:12:02 PM »
There's no denying that this lifestyle will dramatically improve health and energy levels.
Thanks to FTS, I can now keep up with my 25 and 30 year old sons.

When someone asks me "How Long?" or "When can I go back to eating 'normally'?",
I respond; "Why would I want to go back to eating the way that made me FAT and sick?... That doesn't make any sense. Does it?" ;)
What you do today is what matters!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 03:08:13 PM »
"Why would I want to go back to eating the way that made me FAT and sick?... That doesn't make any sense. Does it?" ;)

::) ::) ROTFLOL  :D    duh

Rena

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 11:19:12 PM »
Great post!

Today is my husband's birthday. While my family was pigging out on pizza, I was happy with my sausage, spinach, and mashed cauliflower. Afterwards, while they were snarfing down chocolate cream pie, my little OMM chocolate cake did the trick just fine.

I had to laugh when my daughter asked how long I was going to eat low-carb. She knows and GETS IT, but she was joking and said, "If you keep it up, you'll lose even more weight and we won't be able to see you!" Hee -- she's so funny.

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 06:53:24 AM »
I guess it's like any other time that we all tried all those fad "diets".  Everyone watches us yoyo up and down because it was something we couldn't stay with.  I always felt I was missing something.  Every morning I watch my hubby pack his lunch with his little debbie cupcake, two apples, his 17 carb sandwich, his fruit cups and chips.  I try not to count all the carbs he takes for lunch lol, but I don't even crave that little debbie cupcake anymore.  It's just something laying on the counter until he leaves for work.  I remember the day I would have eaten 2 of those.   :o

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 07:21:24 AM »
I do the same thing!!  LOL  Count the carbs that is....  ;D  I try not to say anything but it is hard.  I worry about Hub's health.  When we were packing for our trip he gave me a list of things to get for him.  Among them snack cakes, chips and regular sodas  :P  I looked at the carbs in a fully leaded Dr Pepper  :o :o  oh my goodness!!!  How ever he is coming around..... We both agreed that I'm not to buy anymore things like that and he is enjoying the meals that I am fixing for him (including the cauli mash).  Now if I could just get him to order the right things when we go out!!!!  ;)  LOL

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 07:23:42 AM »
ROTFLOL ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 08:00:15 AM »
When I first wrote FTS my publisher pushed hard for the word "Diet" to be put into the title. I went to NY and met with a room full of editors and executives. It took an hour to get them all to realize that FAT TO SKINNY is NOT A DIET, it's a lifestyle change which you follow forever.

It's hard for some people to understand that concept and they were concerned about that. My stand was unwavering and in the end the word "Diet" is only used in the book to describe what FTS is not.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 08:20:20 AM »
My family teases  me too. "mom oh no here come some carbs!!". Buy they get it and see that my energy levels are high and know that I feel good.  They all love meats and cheeses and many of the  things On the FTS plan so we do enjoy many meals together.  I plan on sticking with this lifestyle.  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 08:25:01 AM »
If its not the way you eat it will be something else to tease you about,thats what people do ;)

Rena

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 11:35:53 AM »
That's good, Doug, and I'm glad they finally went with your idea. I guess maybe I'm different because when I see the word "diet" I don't always think of it as a restriction on food or a word that means to lose weight. To me, a "diet" is what you eat or part of your everyday food plan, so I see it a little broader. For example, "My diet includes lots of green, leafy vegetables." But not everyone sees the word like that ...

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 09:11:42 AM »
Me too Rena at this point in my life i am about good health.I want to be a centurian.My grandmother is 95 and doing great! :)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 09:49:16 AM »
I always tell people when they ask "how long are you going to eat this way" that it's much like a vegetarian. No one is going to ask them how long they plan on eating this way. Instead of no meat, it's no sugar. It's a lifestyle, that I love and it's not all that different from the way everyone else eats. I just don't get sick, bloated or fat. WOO HOO!

By the way, I was in a restaurant the other day with my husband and this kid was hitting on me. I'm not kidding he might have been twenty. It was awesome and drove my husband crazy! I love FTS!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/