Author Topic: Jicama...OMG it's amazing  (Read 4931 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Jicama...OMG it's amazing
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 08:30:20 AM »
Rena I see you are getting pretty darn close to your goal there girl!!!   ;D ;D

I bet her Mickey Mouse shorts are too big for her now  ::)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Rena

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 10:21:44 AM »

Thanks, Shawn, and yeah, but I'm just hovering 6 pounds shy of my goal. I deliberately set my goal at 5 pounds LESS than I really wanted to be. Maybe my body thinks this is where it should be. Everyone says I look fine and don't need to lose anymore. I'd still like to get there just to give me the leeway. I stay around 10-11 carbs every single day. Maybe I'm eating too much ... I don't know.

Rena

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 10:24:22 AM »

I bet her Mickey Mouse shorts are too big for her now  ::)

They are!  :D Crazy things are from the 90s, so the waist is really high, which means they can be snug there and baggy everywhere else.

I had this really cute sundress I bought years ago and had never worn once! I was all excited about wearing it this summer. I went to put it on and the stupid thing fell off! I just gave it away to a friend, so at least someone can get some use out of it.

shawn116

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 07:01:55 PM »
I'd still like to get there just to give me the leeway. I stay around 10-11 carbs every single day. Maybe I'm eating too much ... I don't know.

I do know what you mean there Rena..... I put my end goal about 5 lbs under where I think I would like to be.  I'm thinking about dropping down to about that myself.  You know to give myself a kick in the you know what..LOL  I'm dropping weight but it is going sloooooowwwwwww  ::)  At least it is going down  ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 08:57:43 AM »
Rena, what does your hubby think of your current weight and body....does he think your where you should be now? The reason I ask is I know how addictive it can be losing weight on FTS...I actually became too thin and looked gaunt. Umpa stepped up and let me know I needed to eat a potato!  I wrote an article called "how skinny is too skinny"  you can download it here- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=121.0   ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 09:20:14 AM »
My local Kroger had the Jicama I was so thrilled to find it!!!!!  One day soon I will try it.:)
With God all things are possible
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 09:13:06 AM »
Try the potatoe salad KFAITH its so good! Heck all the jicama recipes are good :D

Rena

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 09:26:14 PM »
Rena, what does your hubby think of your current weight and body....does he think your where you should be now? The reason I ask is I know how addictive it can be losing weight on FTS...I actually became too thin and looked gaunt. Umpa stepped up and let me know I needed to eat a potato!  I wrote an article called "how skinny is too skinny"  you can download it here- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=121.0   ;)

He thinks I look fine and better than I should for my age. And yeah, I understand how it could be addictive. I'm going to read your article. Like I said, I deliberately set my goal weight 5 pounds LESS than where I thought I should be. I was 139 at my lowest while doing Herbalife, so I figured 145 would be good at the age I am now. I'm hovering between 151-155 right now. I'm 5'8", if that matters, so I'm not a tiny thing by any means. But yeah, Rick says I look great. But like you -- I STILL see that fat person in the mirror. :(

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 09:14:06 AM »
For 5'8 145-155 is really fine. ;) You will know though.Its picking a weight you can maintain with no problem :)

Rena

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 03:26:50 PM »
For 5'8 145-155 is really fine. ;) You will know though.Its picking a weight you can maintain with no problem :)

Thanks, Umpa. I think I'd feel better being closer to 145 and trying to maintain that.  :D Maybe someday ...