Author Topic: Sandwich keeper  (Read 5156 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sandwich keeper
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 09:28:17 AM »
Love ya too Uber :-*

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 10:04:01 AM »
I dont know what will happen if that cup is in the sink all night ,but one thing is for sure we will not find out !!!!!!! ;D

ROTFL, how I can relate to that!!
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

shawn116

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 11:38:31 AM »
You guys are to funny  ;D ;D

Tony you always have great words of wisdom...
We can't do a thing about yesterday except let it go.
We can do little about tomorrow except leave it to the Lord.
It's what we do in between the two that really matters.
  I just love that!!

Jo he is so right.... as for Tyler look all that you have taught him already!!!  He is and will continue to be a fine young man thanks to his momma. 

Here is what I did with my sandwich keeper today.  I was hungry for some french toast.  So I made the OMM  with a little nut meg, vanilla, cinnamon, and zylitol.  I split it between two of the keepers and microwaved them for 90 secs.  After they came out I browned them in a skillet and served with SF maple syrup.  This was so good with some bacon and coffee...really hit the spot for a sunday morning breakfast!!! ;D ;D 

joagain

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 02:10:14 PM »
Thank ya Toosweet & you are right about Tony he is the BOMB!!!!!!!!

I keep making these OMM thinking I am gonna finally make one I like ,Do yall use all flax or half almond flour or all almond flour Please help me like them ,LOL

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »
Do yall use all flax or half almond flour or all almond flour Please help me like them ,LOL

Joagain, I have experimented with plain flax (my least fav), golden flax (2nd fav) and almond flour (my FAV).  Since I like almond flour the best I am planning to buy a big bag of almonds from Sams tomorrow so I can use my Ninja and make my own.  The plain flax meal (Bob's) just didn't taste good to me.  My first "french toast" trail ended up with 3 batches in the trash LOL.  When I made my first "edible" french toast it was with golden flax (Bob's) and it was very thirsty.  Used full serving of WF SF pancake syrup (1/4 cup).  Since doing without sugar it was almost "too" sweet (sorry Shawn  :D).

My next experiment with the OMM will be a banana nut but definitely plan to use almond flour. 
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

joagain

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 04:12:05 PM »
1/4 cup of almond flour then just the basic recipe right ?  I am gonna try it with almond flour and toast it see if I like them better .

So for the banana what or you gonna do put banana flavoring & nuts in it ? Like banana nut bread ?

shawn116

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 08:03:55 PM »
That is right Jo.... banana flavoring is great.  The almond flour is really good with it but I like using the Golden flax that I buy from Walmart to lower the carbs.  The meal I show in the pics has only 1 carb.  I count that because I used egg beaters in the mix.  The hard boiled egg is a egglands best egg.  They list them as 0.   The link for the flax is here:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wild-Roots-Milled-Golden-Flaxseed-16-oz/15716910?findingMethod=Recommendation:wm:RecentlyViewedItems  I'm thinking it is 3 something for this big bag.  I haven't seen it in all walmarts though but mine keeps it with the cereal next to the wheat germ and granola.... if yours doesn't have it I bet they would order it if you asked.   ;)

The almond flour will be a milder flavor for you.....especially for the banana nut. 

Here is todays french toast (just sub out what ever flour you want)

1/4 cup golden flax (or what ever you like)
1 Tbs butter
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg beaters)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbs heavy whipping cream (mine was 0 carbs)
1 tsp vanilla
sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon (maybe 1/2 tsp of each? LOL  to your taste ;))
pinch of salt (don't forget this it makes a difference)
1 Tbs zylitol or other sweetener sometimes more.  (I like mine sweet)

I notice that using the egg beaters made for a thinner batter.  That made it easier to spread out in the containers.  Also I liked doing it in two different ones rather than one and cutting it in half.  Keep in mind that the texture will not be like a regular piece of bread, but you can really add some flavorings to make it wonderful.   Don't be afraid to add lots of spices....  I use so much more spices since I started eating this way.

I poored a serving of SF maple syrup on  and it was really good.......very filling.  I was full all day...LOL  ;D

For my banana nut I just change out the vanilla with banana flavoring and throw in some nuts.  Very good with the coffee in the morning.   ;D ;D  I think one of my most favorite is the chocolate though.  Suz came up with the idea of adding a little mayo to the mix and it makes it so moist!!  A very good idea... I have a old recipe for scratch cake that calls for mayo.   Play around with it girl....There may be a flavor out there for you.  I'm wondering if it isn't a texture thing for you though...?  Let me know if you try it  ;)

shawn116

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 09:20:30 PM »
Hey guys......Here is a picture of my chocolate OMM....Yummy  :D  I put Walden Farms Caromel syrup on....very good but maybe (and I can't believe I am saying this)  ::)  too sweet....LOL  I think I like it best with just the whipped topping.  And rats I forgot the nuts  :o 

joagain

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 06:57:40 AM »
Yes I have tried them with the dark flax when I first started FTS then I started using the golden flax. I make my cornbread with half flax and half almond flour and it is just like cornbread .

But I have tried like suz said and they all go in the garbage maybe I am not putting enough spices in them . I will try again this morning for breakfast . I dont think it is a texture thing . Since I started FTS I dont like to waste 1 carb on something that is not very ,very good !!!! LOL
 Thanks for the recipe I will let you know & I dont know if I did put salt in it when I made it before , Thanks  ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 08:50:43 AM »
Umpa made the french toast using the OMM recipe and the sandwich keepers yesterday.......YUMMY! ::) ::)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 01:50:20 PM »
I have to get one of these!  The french toast looks wonderful.  Jo ~ we all have moments like that.  Focus on the positive and don't worry about the things you can't control. 

I use the almond flour/meal for everything that calls for flour!  I don't like the flax taste at all. 

joagain

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 03:51:06 PM »
Thanks Amber , I made them today I made one with almond flour & one with flax and it is for sure the flax that I dont like I like the almond flour one though . Tyler even liked the almond one we ate it like a pancake !!!

I will have to try thm with nuts and banana flavoring ,thanks guys !

shawn116

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 09:59:10 PM »
Jo that is a great idea to make one of each!!  LOL  Glad you found one you like...now you can play with all the flavors  ;)