Author Topic: NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS  (Read 3921 times)

KFAITH

• View Profile
NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS
« on: August 29, 2011, 10:37:14 AM »
AFTER LABOR DAY WE ARE GOING TO SMOKIES ON VACATION TO CELEBRATE OUR 30 YEAR ANNIVERSARY. I AM NEW TO THIS AND I SURE DO NOT WANT TO BREAK MY FTS EATING STYLE ON VACATION, PLUS WE HAVE TO STOP AT A FAMILY REUNION ON WAY BACK HOME, SO PLEASE GIVE ME ALL YOUR TRAVELING WISDOM AND IDEALS OF HOW I CAN STAY ON THE FTS PLAN WHEN AWAY FROM HOME. I WANT TO COME HOME AND BE ABLE TO REPORT A BIG WEIGHT LOST TO YOU ,THAT IS MY GOAL!!!! ;D

With God all things are possible
Rosie

joagain

Re: NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »
We are going to the smokies too  we are leaving Monday Tylers birthday is Tuesday . We will be there a week . Just eat low carb when you eat out we will be eating out all meals . I might lose more since I will not be sitting in the house .

YOu will do fine &  if you do happen to mess up just jump right back on FTS the next meal dont let it be a open door to eat and say I will start over when I get back !!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 12:21:19 PM »
Hi KFAITH! :)

Whether at home or on the road, preparation is the KEY to success in this lifestyle.
Anticipate where (and what) you'll eat by doing some planning.

Bring a cooler and pack plenty of portable low carb foods like boiled eggs, cheese sticks, pepperoni sticks, beef jerky, protein bars, nuts, etc..
Watch the carbs in the bars and nuts. ;)

When eating out, besides the obvious high carb foods, watch out for sauces and gravies.
They are usually high carb from added flours and/or sugar.
On salads, ask for oil and vinegar.
Enjoy meats, cheeses, and eggs.
What you do today is what matters!

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 01:40:43 PM »
Congratulations on 30 years! We eat out often and we aren't traveling  ;)  Drink lots of water and remember many places offer low carb items on the menu.  You can always remove the bread from a hamburger or hot dog, breakfast is not a problem if you enjoy eggs!  I usually pack me some almonds and Russell Stover Sugar Free candy (I love the Pecan Delight) in my purse just in case I get hungry.  Enjoy your trip!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 03:17:18 PM »
Thanks everyone, all great ideals, I made notes, trying to plan ahead as well as I can and thanks for the well wishes  ;)
Rosie

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 10:14:15 PM »
Happy anniversary KFAITH!!  Just remember the basic rules and you will do great.....Have a wonderful time!!

Jo tell Tyler Happy Birthday!!!  and you guys have a wonderful time as well!!!!!  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 08:44:57 AM »
Car trips I love berries,cheese,and Italian cold cuts.I also like green tea.You should have no problem eating  out.I have never been to a restaurant that I couldn't eat low carb.They really want to please their customers.Last night doug and I went out for all you can eat snowcrab!It was so good! It can be as simple as meat and salad.Happy Anniversary!And Jo give birthday kisses to Tyler for me! :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 08:46:37 AM »
Hardees sells burgers wrapped in lettuce just skip the ketchup, you'll find steak houses like Bonanza where you can grab a steak and veggies at reasonable prices, I always hit the deli's at supermarkets when traveling...cheap fast delicious. Be vocal KFAITH when discussing which restaurant you all are going to eat at each day and evening. Make everyone aware that you intend on staying the course. For example someone may say Dunking doughnuts for breakfast, you speak up and say how about Denny's or waffle house. This way the people with you can still get their carbs while you enjoy a cheese omelet or meats and eggs...remember to give your toast away  ;)

All you need is your knowledge of how to spot the hidden sugar and your commitment to yourself and you'll do fine. Remember this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle so get used to it  8)  Have FUN!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 04:07:11 PM »
I Hear you Doug and Umpa and I am determined to come back and report to all of  you pounds lost and how well I did. Thanks so much for your help! ;D ;D
Let's see this is day 9 for me and so far so good yeah, I have never been so thrilled about a 'way of living' and how well it is working for me. I cannot wait to weigh in on Sunday.
I too love green tea, hot or cold, I never did put sugar in my tea, I am real happy with it unsweetened. I enjoy plain club soda too.
Tonight I am cooking steaks, califlower mashed and salad. yum ;)
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 06:56:50 PM »
What time is supper??? ;)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 09:55:50 AM »
HAHA 5:30 Umpa come on up we will sit you a plate! ;D It was good, even my hubby loves the mashed califlower, it is so good. This time I put real butter in them and Helmans mayo, they were awesome.  I have never enjoyed cooking, but I am actually enjoying cooking this way as I know it is helping me to loose weight not making me gain more. ;D
Umpa, do you have a recipe for sloppy joes, that we could like put in our wraps?
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 11:19:59 AM »
The ground beef kind or pulled pork? :)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 12:30:26 PM »
Umpa, using ground beef, there is this store in our area that has the leanest best ground sirloin we love it.
Rosie

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 12:45:45 PM »
Happy Anniversary KFaith!!!   and   Happy Birthday Tyler!!!!

We are heading out of town for the long Labor Day Weekend too.  We'll be in Destin, FL with our extended family.  Eating out won't be a problem especially with fresh seafood, but I am making a batch of Umpa's Beanit butter cookies to carry along too!! YUM!!  We'll be in a condo, so I plan to have my usual 1 minute muffin & cream cheese for breakfast!  Never dreamed I'd be someone who heads to the beach with xylitol, flaxseed, vanilla & baking powder on my packing list!! ha ha  ;D   

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 10:49:00 PM »
That's on my packing list when I go somewhere to Jan  LOL.... I don't forget the can of whipped topping either  ;D ;D  Have a fun and safe weekend everyone  ;) ;)