Author Topic: another victory  (Read 2136 times)

KFAITH

• View Profile
another victory
« on: September 01, 2011, 08:47:16 PM »
Tonight we celebrated my son in laws birthday. They all had cake and pizza, chips and dip.  I made me a little pizza all my own with the low carb wrap, it was good, my hubby even said he like it as well as the other;) and I had absolutely NO DESIRE to eat the cake, none!!!!
This old girl is happy and my family are in shock haha
With God all things are possible
Rosie

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: another victory
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 09:21:33 PM »
Way to go!  I know exactly how you feel.  I just had the same meal and cake at my house for my husbands best friends birthday.  I only ate the topping on the pizza and as for the cake... I cut three slices on for my husband and my son as well as our guest.  I sent the rest of the cake over the Retirement Home that I work at, and I had some frozen blue berries with heavy cream in my food processor. 

Isn't it great how you don't even want the food that everybody else is eating?  I don't think I could get the cake passed my lips! 

I'm so glad we both started this program at about the same time.  Your doing better than I am, but... I am trying.

joagain

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 06:19:10 AM »
Congrats to both of you and it only gets easier when you are around food Kfaith I laughed when you said people or in shock ,same here my adiction was bread any kind of bread . I have not had a peice of bread in a year my family is shocked heck I still cant believe it I could eat a loaf of warm french bread at a  sitting !!!

Wow that is sad isnt  :D :D Oh well not anymore .  ;D

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 07:54:28 AM »
Right you all, it is just awesome , I guess we are even 'shocking' ourselves .... I am thinking that sugar has to be like drugs the more you get the more  you want and when you stop the sugar, than you get control of that desire for more. God bless us all as we worked toward our  goals  ;D ;D
Sugar has not  power over us no more!!!!!!!!!!!
Rosie

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 08:35:45 AM »
Please ignore all my type'os, as I was trying to post and get my 6 yr. old granddaughter ready for school, you know how that goes  ;) haha
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 08:43:08 AM »
marylepera welcome to the forum :) I am Umpa ,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask. I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.  :)
I am so proud of both you ladies! Peer pressure is hard! You would think once you get out of high school it would end but it doesn't :D