Author Topic: My first week is almost over, and I feel GREAT!  (Read 4051 times)

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
My first week is almost over, and I feel GREAT!
« on: September 01, 2011, 09:17:22 PM »
Hi, I just wanted to jump on here and say how great not only the FTS book is, but this web site is wonderful!  O

I was shopping on Friday night and came across this book with a skinny guy holding these great big pants up in front of him.  I skimmed through the book, and only a few pages in realized I was reading a story about my 15 year old son.  I purchased the book, came home and read it cover to cover that night.  Saturday morning came and I weighed myself and headed out to the market.

I have decided that I have been the reason my three children 15,21 and 23 are all over weight as well as my  very over weight diabetic husband.  Of course my family all think that I am on one of my get thin quick crazy diets that I will get sick from soon and throw all the food away, but... they don't know that since Saturday I have lost 3.5 pounds, and am feeling like a million bucks! 

I didn't think I was going to be able to do it, but I must say this is easy!  As a matter of fact I have made a deal with Joe my 15  year old.  I told him that if he tried my new way of eating out for two weeks, that I would give him money for each week that he stayed on the diet.  He was so excited, he said he would do it, because he was tired of being the odd man out. Joe like I said at the beginning of my post was the real reason for me buying the book, he was hit by a car last year, and gained 50 pounds since.  He has fully recovered from his injuries, but you can't imagine what it has done to his self esteem.  It breaks my heart to watch him be so sad.  I want better for him, and I truly think that this is going to be a huge help not only for Joe, but for my whole family.

Doug the way you wrote your book was so real and easy to understand.  I felt as though you were talking to me!  I can't wait to post Joey's and my weight loss as well as the health of the rest of my family.

Thank you again Doug.

Mary ;D

ps:  sorry I rambled on, I'm just so excitec :o

joagain

Re: My first week is almost over, and I feel GREAT!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 06:15:05 AM »
Welcome Mary to the FTS live you will feel better then you have in years !!!
 Oh and tell Joe that my son is 15 & has Type 1 diabetes he is eating the FTS way and has cut his insulin in half and has his blood sugars in control . Type 2 Diabetics can be cured by FTS my husband 's A1C was 5.9 2 months ago. 

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 07:58:25 AM »
Welcome Mary,
I am in my 2nd week so we can do this together and I agree with all you said love the book, thought it would be so hard but it is not, it is just a matter of not thinking what you can't  have but thinking what you can  have.
I will be praying for Joe, and you!
I feel I have hope for the first time in years, and I keep saying I feel the fat melting away like a snowman in July hahahaha
Will look forward to  your posts.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 08:09:01 AM »
Of course my family all think that I am on one of my get thin quick crazy diets that I will get sick from soon and throw all the food away, but... they don't know that since Saturday I have lost 3.5 pounds, and am feeling like a million bucks!

Welcome to FTS Mary!!!  Doesn't it feel great to see the pounds "melt off".  I'm getting close to my 20 pd goal and am feeling so good.  My energy level has sky rocketed and the cravings are gone.  There was a post not long ago that someone said they almost "forgot" to eat.  I was that way yesterday...oddly enough I was around food ALL DAY.  I was food "planning" by portioning out my food, pre-cooking and freezing.  Yep, all day and didn't even graze.  I finally stopped and had scrambled egg and sausage for lunch around 2:00 PM.  You will LOVE FTS.  I am so glad you are doing this for yourself BUT also for your whole family.  Those young people will appreciate the change you bring them before they are miserable for years.  You go!!!  Enjoy your journey to a new you!
Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 08:46:18 AM »
mary you are gonna do great! We have a few families here that are doing the program together.Kids are tough but once they see you dropping the weight they will come around. Get well wishes to your son ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 08:51:55 AM »
Hi Mary, welcome to the family....I thought it was so cool that you recognized how "Mom's cooking" can have such a big effect on the entire family. Dietitians will tell you that type 2 diabetes is genetic and passed on through the family but the truth is it's the recipes that are passed on through the family which cause the disease  :o :o :o  We eat our way into trouble and we can eat our way out.

Have you put the book into your son's hands yet? It would be a good idea, he'll relate to it :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

marylepera

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 09:21:43 AM »
Thank you so much for your responses to my post.  I love how I feel, It's so nice to put on a pair of pants in the morning when I'm rushing out the door to work, and realize that I just buttoned them without having to suck in my gut.  ;D 

Joey is very excited about starting his new diet tomorrow.  Doug you are so right, I spoke to Joey yesterday on his way to group and he was very interested.  It breaks my heart to see how kids are treated because they have something wrong with them or they are not that perfect body type.  I had to take Joey out of school, he is now home schooled through a Cyber Charter School.  It's working, but... he does miss those few friends that he has. 

It is so funny how your not hungry!  I feel like I should eat just because it's that time of the day.  I am the director of a Retirement Home and I have to eat two meals in the dining room with my residents, Monday through Friday.  I started packing my lunch on Monday, and I am now packing my breakfast as well.  I found this morning that all I wanted was two small sausage links!  Funny thing is I would have never had the sausage for breakfast, I would have thought they were too fattening.  No I would have had a bagel, cream cheese with olives, a big bowl of fruit and two cups of coffee.  And I would have been hungry by 10:30am. 

I think that the best part of this diet besides eating what I want, is being able to jump on this forum and talk to all of you.  I can't talk to my mom, she swears I'm going to get sick because I'm not eating right!  I wanted to argue with her last night, but... I have learned that silence is golden! ::)

I hope you all have a great day, and those traveling this weekend will be safe.

God bless.

Mary

joagain

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 09:41:34 AM »
Hey Mary my son is home schooled also !!!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 10:46:19 AM »
Mary that is all I am hearing too from my sister, she thinks I am nuts and that this kind of diet will kill me. I am getting a little tired of her jabbing at me about it every day, today I told her oh well I am staying on it as it is working, and if I die at least I will die thinner, for sure if I do not loose the weight and loose it now I will die from this fat and I sure do not have any life much in the shape I am in now!  Plus the old timers on here have posted their blood work and all seem to improve not get worse. So I am determined to stay with this program and trust God.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

StephB313

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 11:06:19 AM »
Sometimes I wonder if people like to tell others that a diet/new food plan is dangerous because they're almost afraid it will succeed.  I haven't told anyone but my kids what I'm up to, and that's because I know they'll be supportive and not try to force junk or other food onto me.  It seems like any time someone at work proclaims to be on a diet, someone else comes in with a tray of cupcakes and says, "C'mon, one won't hurt", or "You'll hurt my feelings if you don't try my baking."

People seem to get a little jealous with the success of others--whether it's with weight, money, or whatever.  Which is sad--it just means something is lacking in their life that they either feel powerless to fix or simply choose not to/or ignore.  Believe me, I can feel that tinge of envy sometimes--but I'm also happy for what I have.

Don't let the naysayers get you down!

I'm almost through Week 1 and I'm excited to weigh in on Monday!  I'm glad I have my kids and this place to report back to.   :)

marylepera

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 11:12:13 AM »
Kfaith and Joagain,

I think my mom is just too old fashion to realize that what she's doing (even though she has heart problems, my dad has heart and diabetes) is right!  It's all she knows.  My house when I was growing up never had a meal that it didn't have potatoes or something very starchy on the table!  Even now they have French Toast or Pancakes every single day of the week!  My dad is so big he can't walk down a flight of stares.  My mom just keeps shoveling the bad stuff into them, and expects us to do the same.  I'm starting to worry about Thanksgiving dinner already!

As for the homeschooling, it's the best thing I could have ever done for Joe, right up till I bought FTS!

Thanks guys for the inspiration, we are going to win this battle and show all the negative people that they were wrong! 

Mary

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 11:16:48 AM »
I want you to remember Mary, this is not a diet....it's a lifestyle change which you'll follow forever. Getting yourself back into COW food after you lose the weight will simply pack it back on again  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

marylepera

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 11:42:32 AM »
Thanks Doug,

I know your right, I just can't help myself.  It's like I'm the only one doing it right now in my house, so I'm the odd man out.  I won't think of it as a diet any more.  I am not the odd man out.  I'm the health women in!

You are the best!

mary

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 08:38:25 AM »
Stay strong! Imagine the naysayers naked and at least you will giggle when you are being lectured! :D :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 08:04:38 PM »
Welcome to the family, Mary! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hang in there and do what you know is right for your body and your health.
After all, you are the one who will live with them the rest of your days.

Being a former type II diabetic cured by the FTS lifestyle, I for one, will tell you that I'm NEVER going back to eating like I used to.
Why should I?... I'm eating better now than I ever have!... So why change?

And don't worry about what others say or think.
After you weight comes off and stays off for a while, you will have new believers around you. ;)
What you do today is what matters!