Author Topic: I've found the answer! :)  (Read 10428 times)

liveright101

• View Profile
I've found the answer! :)
« on: May 15, 2010, 03:07:19 PM »
Thanks for the support! Thought I'd share my story for those who are interested ...

My husband cut sugar from his diet a little more than a year ago, and started a regular workout program, which he loves. He is down 75 lbs, feels energetic and looks great. He knew the sugar was a problem ... diabetes and hypoglycemia runs in his family, and he was feeling bad all the time. He did pay attention to calories, some, too, but it was primarily the sugar. I have tried every "diet" out there only to ride the roller coaster of ups and downs in my weight. I thought I would try yet again and started doing regular workouts on March 28, and have actually come to really enjoy that 1/2 hour to hour on most days. Would have never dreamed it! I was also counting calories ... but didn't always consider where the calories came from. I love sweets, breads and fruits ... so I had cut the obvious cake, cookies, desserts, etc. But really that was all.

Interestingly, my weight at the end of March when I started counting calories and working out was 161. (Which was down from my high of 174 in Sept. 2008). Might not seem heavy to some, but on my 5'2" frame I had trouble breathing, wore everything sloppy and over-sized to compensate for my disappointment in myself for my lack of will power/discipline, etc. and so on.  On 4/5 it was 158.6, 4/12 it was 160, 4/19 it was 156.4, 4/26 it was 156.4, 5/3 it was 157.8, 5/10 it was 158.

After a serious discussion with my hubby and him confirming that he cut sugar, I remembered reading parts of the Fat to Skinny book while standing in Barnes and Noble. I immediately ran to B&N and picked up the book, read it when I got home and put it into practice. My official weigh-in is scheduled for Monday, 5/17. Out of curiosity, thought I'd check my weight today ... it was 152.4!!!!!  ;D So from Monday to Saturday I am down 5.6 lbs. The only thing I've changed was cutting the sugar, counting the net carbs. I am moving in the right direction, finally, don't feel deprived, and I'll continue until I reach my goal! I can do it! We all can!!
Have a wonderful Saturday!
L

"The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps -- we must step up the stairs."  -- Vance Havner

liveright101

• View Profile
Re: I've found the answer! :)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 11:42:59 AM »
From last Monday's (5/10) weigh-in to today's (5/17) weigh-in, I have lost 6.2 lbs! WooHoo!!

Hope others are starting their week off with good results, too!!
L
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 11:59:06 AM by Doug Varrieur »
"The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps -- we must step up the stairs."  -- Vance Havner

owensmath

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 12:55:39 PM »
YOU GO, GIRL!!!!!
 :)
 :D
 ;D

« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:57:51 PM by owensmath »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 01:53:26 PM »
Okay liveright you deserve it!

UFGatorJenn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 10:37:38 PM »
Keep up the good work, you can do it!!

Jenn

liveright101

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 01:51:28 PM »
 ;DThanks everyone! ;D

I tried a dress on that I've been waiting to get back into ... I'm getting closer and closer! I think by mid-June I'll be able to wear it with confidence  :D

Have a fantabulous day!
L

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 02:06:59 PM »
You gotta take before and after pictures everyone!liveright I want a picture of you in that dress! ;)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 02:16:11 PM »
I sent a before! I would post my current pic in here but cant seem to make it work lol! Im such a choad sometimes.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »
I dont know if i want to know what a choad is??hehehhee I think you are very cute!  ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 02:57:37 PM »
A choad is the combination of a C.H.U.D. and a toad.  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 03:06:31 PM »
I'll bite.........Whats a C.H.U.D?

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 03:36:12 PM »
ROFL! There was a movie late 70's early 80's called C.H.U.D stands for cannibalistic humanoid underground dweller. giggle. Combo of toad and chud is choad. My own word there tyvm! lol

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 04:15:20 PM »
UMMM beebs...you might want to google choad..I'm just sayin'!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »
What? Is it a real word or something?

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 04:30:27 PM »
Ohhhh. I didnt know it was a naughty word.......I thought well nvm what I thought. I didnt mean it that way.