Author Topic: The LePera family is getting smaller!  (Read 1663 times)

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
The LePera family is getting smaller!
« on: September 08, 2011, 09:19:42 AM »
Good morning all,

As I had posted before, I had started living the FTS way, and my youngest son Joey (15) 230lbs. had also started.

So.. I decided hey if Joe Joe and I are doing this... why not make the rest of the family do it too?  So I DID!  At first I thought it was
going to be a problem, but when my son's girlfriend (doing WW) sat down to breakfast on Sunday morning for an egg omelet with two slices of bacon in
it, she was hooked.  Needless to say Tricia has Nicky eating low carb too.  My husband Tony (the diabetic) is giving me that (you should have been doing this all along) song and dance.  I'm ignoring him, because I am not going to give into blame at this point.  I have made the change and he should be happy with that.  My thought on Tony is.... Your 52 years old, no body forced that food down your throat!

Any way.... I am so happy, and I am so proud of my family.  I believe that they will carry on our new eating habits even when they are not home.

God bless all of you, and thank you for all of the support you have given me as well as each other.  I feel very comfortable talking to all of you, it's as though we are coming and going to the same place.  I truly feel blessed to have found Doug's book and to have had the common sense to purchase it.

Mary

Mary.

KFAITH

• View Profile
Re: The LePera family is getting smaller!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 09:52:18 AM »
Good morning Mary, I can really relate with all you said. I am nearing the end of my 3rd week and all is going well. Hubby is half way doing this with me but he really does not need to loose much more weight, maybe 10 pounds at the most, he is diabetic and had to have heart by pass a year ago due to untreated sugar had damaged his arteries so badly. He works hard and weight comes off him so easy.  I am not able to walk much right now due to back, knee and fat, so praying as I loose all these things will improve, and I am loosing well now with fts without being able to be active. Look forward to seeing your posts.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 10:48:23 AM »
Kfaith,

Hi, and thank you!  I am so amazed, every time I see your posts you are doing so well.  I know it's hard, I too have a bad back and it just seams that every time I do something to help myself... my back decides not to cooperate.

Best of luck with your weight loss, and remember this family is here for us! 

Have a great day, we will talk later I'm sure.

Mary

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 11:34:19 AM »
Hi Mary You know this really made me laugh
My husband Tony (the diabetic) is giving me that (you should have been doing this all along) song and dance.  I'm ignoring him, because I am not going to give into blame at this point.  I have made the change and he should be happy with that.  My thought on Tony is.... Your 52 years old, no body forced that food down your throat!

It's sad that the world hasn't caught up with what we know.  I have said it before that when I went to a diabetes trainer employed by my doctor they told me to eat 188 carbs a day with 45 to 66 carbs a meal!!  :o :o   It is no wonder I gained weight with that and couldn't control my blood sugar.  I ended up with two different pills and insulin shots before I found FTS.  So I guess my point is that if even your doctors and nutritionists don't get it.... how are you supposed to have just known????   ???  You are doing a wonderful thing for yourself and your family ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 11:52:15 AM »
Mary I am VERY HAPPY for you and your family!! ;D
Rosie your husband even though he does not need to lose weight eating fat to skinny will get him off the insulin if he is a type 2 ;)
TooSweet as i am writing this I am eating blueberry french toast with blueberry syrup! :)!

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 12:11:53 PM »
I know Umpa isn't it awesome!!!  I love how I can have my sweet tooth and not have to take the meds...LOL  ;D ;D   I love love love FTS!!  :D :D