Author Topic: Does anyone keep up with their fat totals ?  (Read 5597 times)

joagain

Does anyone keep up with their fat totals ?
« on: September 15, 2011, 02:18:27 PM »
I was talking to a friend that I have not seen in a while she had lost about 50 pounds . I told her she looked great asked her how she did it and she told me Atkins . I told her about FTS and told her that Umpa & Doug find subs for all the bad food . She said that Atkins has started doing that also and that we were pretty much doing the same lifeplan .

But she went on to tell me that she eats no more then 30 carbs a day mostly from veggies which we do , she eats 4oz of meat each meal ,but what she told me next I was kinda shocked she said she eats anywhere from 90-140 grams of fat  :o :o :o

I know that fat is not the bad thing but does anyone here eat that much fat a day ? She even said on the days that her fat is not high enough she will eat 1-2 spoonfuls of coconut oil  :P :P.

So I was just curious if all of yall or eating that much fat then maybe that is why I am not losing cause I would think that is way too much fat ,maybe I am wrong  ??? Please let me know what yall think

suzlyn454

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone keep up with their fat totals ?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 02:32:03 PM »
Jo, I have not been watching fat.  I agree with you, that seems high to me too.  For kicks and giggles I might start checking for a couple days and get back to you.

Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

joagain

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 04:01:18 PM »
Lol you said kicks & giggles we say poots & giggles ! 

I am going to do that also just to see

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 05:08:48 PM »
I haven't kept up with it but I do know that I eat way more than I used to.  I haven't used it in a while but I was using Everyday health to keep track of everything.  (I need to get back to that LOL)  My fats where always higher than they suggested. 

By the way Jo..... I love the new picture  ;)

joagain

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 06:29:34 PM »
I know on the 1500 calorie diet my doctor gave me last year before I started FTS it was 35-50 grams of fat . Last time I checked it just for poots & giggles it was around 60-65 and I thought that was high . Maybe I need to eat more fat who knows

Oh thanks that was taken at the titanic muesum in Gattlinburg

Rena

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 06:52:31 PM »
I don't watch my fat intake as much as I try to eat the fats that are better for you. FatSecret keeps track of them and mine seem to range anywhere from 50 to 80, give or take.

As for her saying Atkins is "starting to" replace foods, that's not true. They've done that from the very beginning, at least from what I've seen in all the Atkins books. All the ones I've read state it's not a diet, but a lifestyle, just like FTS says.

MichelleShani

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
I kinda keep track of my fat and it's usually around 80-100 grams a day. But to me it seems like the more fat I eat, the more weight I lose. But everyone is different though.

joagain

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 07:01:36 PM »
Thats true Rena It appears to be . She was just telling me that she eats up to 140 grams of good fat . I guess something for me to think about she told me that she though that if I uped my good fat She bet I would lose faster .

joagain

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 07:03:53 PM »
Michelle I think I might need to try more fat LOL

Rena

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »
It's possible, Jo -- wouldn't hurt to try it a little. I know some fats are better for you than others. Your body needs fat, which is why low-fat diets don't work because they're filled with sugar. Rick and I were talking about fat the other night and he said something I'd heard elsewhere. He said it's nearly impossible to live off rabbit meat because rabbits literally have NO body fat. Their meat is completely lean. Ack -- not that I want to go eating Bugs Bunny, but it's definitely something to think about when you start pondering good fat/bad fat/no fat. Hee!

Heavy cream is my downfall lately. Someone take it away! It's getting as bad as peanut butter. Wicked, wicked stuff.  :D

joagain

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 06:45:24 AM »
  Rena I think we all get hooked on things then finally get tired of them move on to something else .LOL what or you doing with the heavy cream ? Making milkshakes or just in your coffee ?  After I posted this post and started thinking about it ,

The sausage that I like has a lot of fat in it ,sometimes I will eat too much of it in a day and I would say to myself I bet I wll gain tommorrow & I would be down or the same . Plus I go to the bathroom better when I eat it also (was that too much FYI )  ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 09:11:25 AM »
I've never kept track of fat counts I am however conscious of the fats I eat. My main intake of fats comes from cheese, sausage, Italian salami, olive oil, butter, cream and some pork fat.

Fats are very filling and metabolize very slowly, it only takes a small amount to make you feel full. Michelle mentioned that she finds the more fat she eats the more weight she loses. My guess is that fats your eating Michelle are filling you up quickly resulting in better portion control of other foods....

Adding a serving of fats to every meal will reduce how much you eat in total.  ;)   
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Rena

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 03:27:57 PM »
Jo -- it's like a chocolate mousse or pudding with heavy cream, unsweetened cocoa, and a little sweetener. I am SO ready to be sick of it. Tell me, when is that going to happen? Hahaha -- it's evil, I tell you!

I read something about "fat hunger" where your body craves fat when it's not getting enough. Maybe that's why I go through phases when I just can't get enough peanut butter. I think I read it in an Atkins book, but haven't been able to find anything else on it, so I don't know if it's legit or not.

joagain

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 06:08:14 PM »
It probably is that rena if you are not getting carbs or enough fat . I am going to to notice my fat more and see I think I was stating under 60 which seems pretty low . I have read that somewhere too it said
" hunger that can only be satisfied by consumption of fat or carbohydrates." and we both know we dont want to fell it with carbs  cause as doug says "sugar makes you fat ,meats & greens make you lean ".

MichelleShani

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 06:51:12 PM »
Fats are very filling and metabolize very slowly, it only takes a small amount to make you feel full. Michelle mentioned that she finds the more fat she eats the more weight she loses. My guess is that fats your eating Michelle are filling you up quickly resulting in better portion control of other foods....

Adding a serving of fats to every meal will reduce how much you eat in total.  ;)   

Exactly Doug. I feel so full for long hours. I don't eat as much!