Author Topic: Does anyone keep up with their fat totals ?  (Read 5602 times)

shawn116

Re: Does anyone keep up with their fat totals ?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 08:26:39 PM »
I ate one of the cup cakes I made using Katary's recipe with pork rinds.... I'm thinking that has to be high in fats right??  I tell you I have been full all day long  ;D ;D  Also I noticed that now that I am taking two flax seed oil supplements a day.... I don't want to eat as much or as often.  Could be something to it  :)

joagain

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 09:24:35 PM »
is the flax seed oil in capsul form just where the vitamins are ? I have been thinking about getting some of them

shawn116

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 11:58:51 PM »
That is right Jo. 
These are the ones that I am taking right now.  They seem to be cheaper at Wally World  ;D about $5 for 100 softgels.  I have been taking 2 a day.  I guess to be fair I should also say that I added the Equate (Walmart brand) Metamucil.   Between the extra fats and fiber I don't seem to get very hungry at all.   I even tend to forget to eat....LOL   

I'm pretty sure that this is what is making the difference because I went a couple of weeks not taking them and then started them up again a few days ago.  I'm curious to see if it helps me start dropping weight again.  My blood sugar seems to do better with taking them to.  Not that it hasn't been really good anyway.  I suspect that might be the added fiber though.  Hmmmm I wish I would have paid more attention in science class ::).....LOL

joagain

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2011, 05:33:12 AM »
I think everything is cheaper at walmart  ;D  I guess you are going to the bthroom better  ;D  Have you lost weight since you been on them ?

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2011, 07:02:49 AM »
Hey Jo, for poots and giggles LOL, I watched my fat intake yesterday.  For the 12 carbs I ate I also took in 85 grams of fat.  TooSweet the pork rinds are 0 carbs and 10 grams of fat for 1 oz or 30 for the whole bag.  The 12 cupcakes would have had 50 grams of fat or a little over 4 grams each.
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 07:08:02 AM »
Rena, I am totally WITH you on the heavy cream!  Oh me....  I put a little sugar free vanilla pudding mix (just enough to flavor) into some heavy cream, and use the mixer til it turns into a fluffy wonder.  ;D  It is AMAZING with a few chopped strawberries.  Sometimes I mix it all together, and like you said, it turns into a mousse.  I love it.....

shawn116

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 07:25:30 AM »
Good morning Jo.....  It might be TMI but yes.... way better.  I'm sure it is better for weight loss to keep things moving, at least you aren't weighing that....LOL  It's to soon to tell if it really has made a difference yet though.    I had picked up two lbs from last week the other day when I weighed in, ( I felt so heavy...LOL) and that is gone now.  Not sure if it was just water weight or what.  I guess we will see..... I have noticed that if I eat something high in fat or fiber now it takes forever for me to be hungry again and my portions seem to be so much smaller than I would normally want.   It would be nice to not be stalled though  ;D ;D  I am happy that my blood sugar is staying low.  So maybe my body has just been fighting that.  Grrrrrr   Stupid pancreas  :P  I haven't noticed anything over 110 though ( and that was after a meal) except after I ate a Atkins bar.....Those are evil things  :-\

This week I'm going to see if I can keep my carbs under 12 with no sugar alcohols (weigh/measure and write everything down) and see if I can get things moving again  ;)  I've just gotten lazy I guess...LOL

joagain

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 07:34:26 AM »
Yes we all get lazy that is for sure , Yes atkins bars are terrible on diabetics sugars well tylers anyway . Glad things are moving along LOL. I think that we all need to take a look and start over like when we first started . Follow the rules . 

I do believe that when the BS is out of whack it does cause the weight loss stalls just my opinion .  I am not eating to many carbs I know that for sure I think I am just eating to dang much . most of us do love to eat that is why we are fat  :P

Stress is a terrible trigger for me .

shawn116

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 07:35:51 AM »
Good morning Jan     that sounds really good.... I can't bring myself to use the sf puddings because the carb counts are just to high and I'm a bit to stingy with how I spend my carbs.  Maybe I am looking at them wrong??  ???  How much do you use if you don't mind my asking....and what brand do you use?   For way in the future use I might add.... ::)  LOL

Thanks Suz.. good morning  ;)

shawn116

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 07:42:36 AM »
most of us do love to eat that is why we are fat 

You are so right..... and yes stress is a horrible thing and so hard on every part of your health.  I have always been an emotional/boredom eater.  If you try the flax oil let me know if you notice a difference in the way you feel.  I sometimes wonder if it is just in my head  ::)...LOL

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 11:27:54 AM »
Hey guys,
I'm thinking that maybe I too should add a little more fat to meals.  I will say that last night I went to the Phillies game (WE LOST)  Oh what a hard time I had not grabbing the man next to Me's sausage and onion with peppers(I so would have thrown the roll away) but I guess what I'm saying is that even though I had steak and a salad for dinner, I was still hungry!

So rather than eat some junk (I didn't) but was really hungry.  Maybe I should have gotten the sausage rather than stare at the poor man the whole time he ate his!  I think he thought I was crazy!

Oh by the way.... I still weigh the same as last Saturday but.. it's better than weighing more. ::) ::)

Have a great weekend everybody

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 02:24:30 PM »
most of us do love to eat that is why we are fat  

You are so right..... and yes stress is a horrible thing and so hard on every part of your health.  I have always been an emotional/boredom eater.  If you try the flax oil let me know if you notice a difference in the way you feel.  I sometimes wonder if it is just in my head  ::)...LOL

Hi Jo and Shawn! :)

A big part of the FTS lifestyle is finding and enjoying replacements for those things that made us FAT.

I believe part of the lifestyle also involves finding replacements (other than food) to satisfy our emotional needs.
As an example, when feeling bored or stressed, trying going for a walk.
Or, taking care of a chore around the house.
Or, ANYTHING else you might want do besides... eat!

I've found that I sometimes get false hunger (cravings) when I'm bored, stressed, overly tired, etc..
But after a short time, those urges normally go away. Especially if I've distracted myself with something else.

Sometimes, just quickly drinking a large glass of cold water does the trick. ;)
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 03:21:49 PM »
Rena, I am totally WITH you on the heavy cream!  Oh me....  I put a little sugar free vanilla pudding mix (just enough to flavor) into some heavy cream, and use the mixer til it turns into a fluffy wonder.  ;D  It is AMAZING with a few chopped strawberries.  Sometimes I mix it all together, and like you said, it turns into a mousse.  I love it.....

It's good, isn't it? But it's not helping me get anywhere.  :D :D :D :D

Which brings me to a question I'll post separately ...

joagain

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 03:25:28 PM »
You and Jan need to quit with the heavy cream before yall get me started .  :P :P

Rena

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2011, 03:28:29 PM »
You and Jan need to quit with the heavy cream before yall get me started .  :P :P

I KNOW!!!

It's EVIL! I literally had to stop buying the Land O'Lakes kind because it was like a snack-in-the-can! I had no self-control. Now it's this pudding crud and I MUST STOP EATING IT. It's slowing me down. Not to mention running us bankrupt on cream.  :D