Author Topic: Finding FTS friendly products  (Read 1631 times)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Finding FTS friendly products
« on: September 18, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »
A new store opened up here in town a few months ago called "Good Nutrition".  I have been buying my Xylitol there.  Just recently they started carrying the Now brand unblanched almond flour too.  If that didn't make me happy enough, yesterday I was at my local "Dollar General" store, and found a box of Stevia 35 single serve packets for just a dollar!  :D  I'll keep some of these in my purse to use in my tea when we go out.

Also, I LOVE it that Publix carries all the Walden Farms products & the LaTortilla Factory low carb wraps.  I got a pack of the garlic & herb wraps yesterday.  Last night I used them to make the pinwheels with cream cheese & deli sliced roasted turkey.  I had heard several of you mention the pinwheels, but I had never tried them until now.  What a GREAT little snack!!   ;)

joagain

Re: Finding FTS friendly products
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 12:52:51 PM »
Those pinwheels I have never tried I guess I need too !!!

Rena

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 02:08:23 PM »
Oh, thanks for the info, Jan. We just had a Good Nutrition store open here and I didn't know what it was. I haven't been in it yet, but I'll definitely go check it out. I'd love to find the NOW flour locally. :)

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 09:33:48 PM »
Oh wow Jan.... I'm sad now  :'(   Suz and I went on a shopping trip (1 1/2 hours away where my daughter goes to school) to a Publix and they really didn't have much of anything that we would want....LOL  (except regular food of course ;D)  grrrrr  I hate how some stores will carry things and others don't..... it's really frustrating.  We did however find a huge Krogers that had quite a few of the Walden farms things.  My newest tries are the pancake syrup and the marshmellow dip (really love these...LOL)  We were talking today about planning another trip maybe next week.  Thanks for the tip to.... I need to add Dollar General  to the list of stores to check  ;) ;)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
Rena, the first couple times I went to the Good Nutrition store, they only had the pricey Bob's Red Mill almond flour.  I noticed TONS of other products made by the Now Brand.  So, I just asked the manager if they could get the Now unblanched almond flour.  She took my phone number, and several days later they had it!  ;)  They carry xylitol in several different sized bags too.  It's a neat little store! 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 08:28:25 AM »
If they carry NOW products ,which all health food stores do in vitamins or Bobs red mill they can order what ever you want.Same goes with waldenfarms.I find it cheaper at $4.99 shipping at Netrtion to order from them instead of burning up the gas running around town. :)