Author Topic: I"m thinking... I get it!  (Read 4238 times)

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
I"m thinking... I get it!
« on: September 23, 2011, 01:44:01 PM »
Hi everybody,

So you know how I've been going on and on about how I'm just not doing something right?  Well I get it now.   ::)  You see my first two weeks I was doing all of my eating by the book, then Joey got involved, and I started to spend more time working on his eating plan than I did on my own.  No we don't always eat the same things (he like spicy).

So I went back and reread the book.  Oh my goodness, I totally was messing up my food!  I went back to the basics, and I feel so much better.  It's kind of crazy that I spent all that time making Joey his food and didn't bother to just prep my own.  But... I did and now that I'm back on track, maybe I will start to lose again. 

It's really upsetting getting on the scale and finding that you gained three pounds when your kid is melting away in front of you.  But, things have started to change, I'm going to have to keep the book FTS with me in my carry all bag. 

It was strange, I thought I was doing it all right.. Well, a little of this and a little of that are nothing but a big no no!

God bless you all, and have a wonderful weekend.

Mary

suzlyn454

• View Profile
Re: I"m thinking... I get it!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »

So you know how I've been going on and on about how I'm just not doing something right?
So I went back and reread the book.  Oh my goodness, I totally was messing up my food!  I went back to the basics, and I feel so much better.  It's kind of crazy that I spent all that time making Joey his food and didn't bother to just prep my own.

Mary

Being prepared is a big part of being able to eat without worry.  I am one of the lucky ones and I don't have to work.  I make my list on Tuesday, shop on Wednesday and cook all day on Friday.  Today I have cooked 2 meals of cube steak and packaged in the freezer.  I have baked 2 london broil roast and just put them out to cool.  I will separate into servings and freeze them for future meals.  I also like to take all my cheeses and cut them into servings (the package usually indicates 8 servings per pack) unless I plan to shred it.

I also pre cook my canadian bacon and pepperoni before I make pizzas.  So I pre cook all of them and freeze cooked .  I usually measure all the servings I plan to put on the pizza, any cheeses, and meats (bacon, hamburger, canadian bacon, pepperoni)  and freeze all in one bag.  I take out the one bag all I need is sauce, using the lowest carb I can find.  Sometimes I just bake this in a rameken and do away with any bread.  I call it my pizza bake LOL.

So anyway, take some time for YOU, glad to know Joey is doing so well, thanks to a great mom.  Have a good weekend.
Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

joagain

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 03:23:30 PM »
 We mothers tend to take care of everyone but ourselves . I forget about me everyday ! .  Tyler  just got a job at Chic Fil A  he will be starting next week , so maybe I can focus on me  while he is at work instead of worrying about him at work . LOL  OCD is a terrible thing  isnt it Suz  :P

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 03:26:31 PM »
   OCD is a terrible thing  isnt it Suz  :P

8) ::) It takes up a big part of our day!

joagain

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 03:29:59 PM »
Tyler poor baby has a little bit hisself actually my whole family does LOL but he was watching a traing video and they were cleaning out the mop sink in the video and they were getting the big stuff that came out of the water out of the sink with the hands and he looked at me and said "they dont wear gloves " I just laughed and said I guess not  ,but it really isnt funny

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 08:53:18 AM »
Thanks guys for all the great ideas.  While I was reading the post's, I started thinking about what I had in the freezer.  Looks like the house is going to smell yummy for the next couple of hours.

Way to go Tyler!  OCD is such a problem, I know I just hired a new laundress at my retirement home, and I can't stand the way she folds.  I have to go in every day and check everything... I wouldn't if she would just get a little ocd! :D :D :D

Going to start cooking, oh by the way.... today is weigh in day for me, I knocked two of the three gained pounds off in just two days... Now I'm kicking myself because I could have been down 9 or 10 pounds by now.. Oh well you live and you learn.  Thanks to my wonderful friends and teachers here at FTS!

joagain

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 09:49:42 AM »
We can only go forward Mary no looking back  ;D

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 10:07:55 AM »
Glad you are getting it now Mary, It works, that is all I know so I just keep pressing forward.  I have so far to go, and that gets to me sometimes, but than I read Sherripie's posts and keep telling myself she did it so can I. We have to do this ourself, no one can do it for us.  Thank God we have each other here on the forum for support and ideals and encouragement on the rough days.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 11:57:08 AM »
Mary, don't kick yourself.  Just be glad you figured out what was causing you to slow down on dropping those pounds.  For some of us it's slower than others but it DOES come off.  If you look at my numbers since I started July 6, eleven weeks and 20 pounds.  I'm tickled with that average and extremely happy to have lost anything!

Rosie, don't get overwhelmed by the numbers girl!!!  You sound a little down on your post here BUT look at what you HAVE accomplished in just a few short weeks!!  You are doing great.  Remember every morning that you are repairing your body and eventually your work will be done.  Hang on and keep on truckin!!

Hugs to both of you  ;)
Suz

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 12:33:45 PM »
The secret to success and happiness living the FTS lifestyle is simple...

Focus on the FTS rules and on the blessings in your life.
As long as your living by the FTS rules, don't worry about what the scale says.
Just know that you're reversing years of damage to your body and metabolism.

Remember that you're on the right train going in the right direction.
So enjoy the ride and watch the scenery go by.
You'll know when you've reached your destination. ;)
What you do today is what matters!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 09:21:42 PM »
The secret to success and happiness living the FTS lifestyle is simple...

Focus on the FTS rules and on the blessings in your life.
As long as your living by the FTS rules, don't worry about what the scale says.
Just know that you're reversing years of damage to your body and metabolism.

Remember that you're on the right train going in the right direction.
So enjoy the ride and watch the scenery go by.
You'll know when you've reached your destination. ;)
I love that mouseissue, I need to print that for my dream journal.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 01:41:35 AM »
 Great words of wisdom Tony!!!  I think we could all benefit from having a copy hanging on our fridge  ;)

joagain

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 05:13:29 AM »
Tony you are the BOMB !!!!!!!!   You seem to always make me smile  ;D Just what I needed to hear this morning ,thanks

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 10:35:48 AM »
Tony, you better not EVER leave us!  You are one AWESOME dude!!  Thanks for the encouragement you always give us!   :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 11:08:05 AM »
You are cool tony 8)