Author Topic: GETTING LAZY.  (Read 3319 times)

eliruthy

• View Profile
GETTING LAZY.
« on: September 24, 2011, 07:29:10 PM »
Ok.  So when I started off, I was full force, never cheated, was exercising etc...25 pounds later, and I'm feeling LAZY.  I looked back at my calendar where i record my weight/food every single day and realized that this entire month, the scale has BARELY moved...up or down.  I'm in the same poundage basically plus or minus a few ounces...which is GOOD, but bad too.  I hoped to be a little closer to my goal by now.  I know I have problems with sugar alcohols but can't completely cut them out....and I seem to be giving myself permission to eat that cookie etc......which is contributing I'm sure.  I'd say that 99.9% of my day i am on track, and the other .1% I am not.  How do I get back in gear!?!?

binky04

• I used to live to eat. Now I eat to live :)
    • View Profile
Re: GETTING LAZY.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »
Maybe you should try starting over.  Cut out the sugar alcohols and cookies.  Instead of having the total serving on the SF peanut butter cups, just have 1 when you need something sweet.  YOU can do this as you have already proven you can.  You go girl!!

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 08:14:32 PM »
LOL...thanks!  I'm supposed to be motivating YOU LOL!  Great minds think alike.  I went back to all my food journals and realized, I DO need to start over...and I will.  And that's the end of that LOL!!!  Congrats on 2 more pounds!!!!  You are gaining on me!!!!!!!! :o

binky04

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 08:21:44 PM »
You DO motivate me!  I wouldn't be on this program if it weren't for you   ;D ;D ;D
 I'm sure that it can be very stressful raising two kids (two cutie's by the way ) ;)
You'll be fine with just starting over.  I'm happy with my weight loss   :) :) :) :)

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 08:25:59 PM »
Yeah it gets hard LOL.  Luckily, they are both PRETTY great in general...easy going.  I can finally say that about my boy who's generally troubley LOL...i can't wait till you can meet him!!!!  What is the hardest is THEIR FOOD.  He is a non-eater and I mean, literally.  I have to buy him all the stuff I can't have so he can function.  I enrolled him in the Picky Eater's Program in Lex but we don't start till DECEMBER unless someone cancels.  He's at a fine weight etc, but, he just won't eat much.  Drives me crazy!  Anyhoo, I am SUPER happy with your loss too!!! It'll only get better if you don't get.............lazy :o ;)

binky04

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 08:38:41 PM »
I can't wait to meet him either  :)  I know that you and the others on the forum will help me too when I get lazy!!

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 08:47:04 PM »
Totally.  How is the better half doing?!?!  We need updates!

binky04

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 07:00:45 AM »
Totally.  How is the better half doing?!?!  We need updates!

He's lost about 8 pounds., blood sugar levels are down and he exercises.  His weight loss has stalled.  I think it's because of the sugar alcohols.  I'm trying to get him to not eat the SF candy.  Hopefully, his weight will start dropping soon.

binky04

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 07:02:38 AM »
Ok.  So when I started off, I was full force, never cheated, was exercising etc...25 pounds later, and I'm feeling LAZY.  I looked back at my calendar where i record my weight/food every single day and realized that this entire month, the scale has BARELY moved...up or down.  I'm in the same poundage basically plus or minus a few ounces...which is GOOD, but bad too.  I hoped to be a little closer to my goal by now.  I know I have problems with sugar alcohols but can't completely cut them out....and I seem to be giving myself permission to eat that cookie etc......which is contributing I'm sure.  I'd say that 99.9% of my day i am on track, and the other .1% I am not.  How do I get back in gear!?!?

What exercises were you doing?  Walking??? Just wondering as I need to start exercising too/

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 08:30:52 AM »
Yes wAlking on treadmill and doing hand weights for my arms.

binky04

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 08:57:59 AM »
ok.  I have some hand weights and will start working out my arms today.  Back to the elliptical today as well

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 11:11:39 AM »
Eliruthy reread the book.It will put you back where you need to be. ;) Doug has a motivational cd  he did but it won't be out till January. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 02:58:15 PM »
Hi eliruthy! :)

Umpa and Binky are right.

In life, all kinds of "stuff" comes at us from all directions including boredom, laziness, etc..
When this happens, we should stop what we're doing and regroup.

I've read Doug's book a dozen times if I've read it once.
It seems something new jumps out at me each time I read it.
Every time I read it, I get re-energized and motivated.

So eliruthy, reread the book COVER TO COVER and start over.
Make today DAY #1 of your new journey to your goal.

Don't ever feel discouraged when the time comes to start over.
Most of us will need to do this from time to time.
What you do today is what matters!

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »
Will do...as soon as I get it back from my friend LOL!  She's already lost 8 pounds and she's been on about 5 days!!! She's hard to motivate, but she was ONE POINT away from type II diabetes and needs to lose 75 pounds...so, hoping she rocks! ;D  She's just got to copy a couple recipes.  Everyone else I recommended the diet to bought their own book!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 11:05:24 AM »
I'm glad to hear your friend is doing well with FTS, eliruthy! :) :) :)

I believe each of us should have our own copy for maximum best benefit.
Perhaps you should let her keep the book as a gift and get another for yourself. ;)
What you do today is what matters!