Author Topic: forum question  (Read 3902 times)

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
forum question
« on: September 26, 2011, 06:58:22 PM »
Hi guys, It's me AGAIN!

As you all know, I love you and I love this forum.  I'm guessing that my excitement is contagious, because Joey has asked to join.  Do we have one for teens? 

Apparently Joe would like recipes for some foods, and he actually sat beside me last night while I read some posts and talked to Tony.  He said "Mom your having too much fun"  then we laughed and he added "Can I join?"  I didn't really know how to answer him.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Mary

binky04

• I used to live to eat. Now I eat to live :)
    • View Profile
Re: forum question
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 07:04:04 PM »
I'm not sure if there is an age limit, but I think it would be great for Joey to join the forum.  Then he can for sure know how many awesome people that are on here.  Doug or umpa are probably the best ones to answer this question.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 11:09:14 AM »
Hi Mary! :)

It gave me a smile to read that your son Joey sees how enjoyable this forum can be.
Sometimes, we may even have too much fun! ::)

This forum is for folks of all ages... We're family friendly!

So encourage Joey to join us.
He will find tons of recipes in the "Recipe Exchange" section.
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 11:09:39 AM »
Bring Joey on! We would love to have him! :) He is safe on here .Besides me and Doug there are 6 Global moderators who can ban anybody.We have quite a few families with teenagers who are also on FTS.I think its very wise to teach Joey to cook,that way he knows exactly what is going in his mouth and can plan his carb intake.If I can help please ask. ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:11:38 AM by umpa »

marylepera

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 12:29:53 PM »
 :D :D :D  Thanks guys!  I will let him know today when he's done school.  He attends a Cyber Charter School at home, so he should be done around 3 or so. 

I know Joe is going to be very excited about this!  Maybe he will be able to get in contact with some of the other families that have kids eating fts.  That would be so great!

Joe suffers from Generalized Anxiety, as well as having some muscle tics.  Most of these problems started after his car accident last year, and he has a very hard time communicating with people his own age.  The tics being a public problem for him (his head shakes like he's a hard rocker at times) it can be very upsetting for him as well annoying due to the head aches that he gets.  A lot of time people will ask him a question, and if he doesn't verbalize his answer, they think he is say yes or if his head is going the other way, they think he is saying no.  Then when they say No?  He goes No, I said yes.  But your head was shaking no.  It's so upsetting for him, one of the big reasons for him being home schooled.  This will give him a more relaxed atmosphere in which to socialize as well as a health outlook on life.

Did I tell you I loved you today?  Well just in case I didn't, I DO!

Mary

joelepera

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 06:00:13 PM »
I'm so excited that i could join all of you here on FTS. I'm so happy my mom found the book and i cant believe how i feel from losing weight.

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 06:09:28 PM »
Welcome Joe!!   ;D  You are doing so great....keep up the good work ;)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 06:39:20 PM »
Hi Joe!!  GREAT to have you on the forum with us!!!  ;D  You have done GREAT on FTS!  Keep up the good work!!  I really love eating this way!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 06:43:15 PM »
I'm so excited that i could join all of you here on FTS. I'm so happy my mom found the book and i cant believe how i feel from losing weight.

Welcome to the FTS family, Joel! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Congrats on the weight you've lost so far! ;D ;D ;D

Living this lifestyle with your mom is a real blessing!
Between her and all of us here, you've got a lot of caring people that will help you succeed.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your FTS journey.

All the Best!
Tony

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 06:17:37 AM »
Hey Joe!  Welcome to FTS.  Glad you are doing so well.  It's great you have your mom that will help you.  It's always easier to do this when you have someone else working toward the same goals.  TooSweet is my daughter and she is the bomb.  She helped me get started and I get to see her today.  Since she introduced me to FTS we have shopping and cooking days.  Never realized we could spend so much time in the grocery store reading labels LOL!  Congratulations on the weight loss, and again welcome!
Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

marylepera

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 06:58:01 AM »
Thanks to all for your warm welcome to my baby.  He's really excited about joining our forum. 

Suzlyn you are soooo right, I spend about 20 more minutes in the store each time I go just reading the labels (then I make that face and put the can or box back on the shelf) 

Last night my husband made a big bowl of Pop corn and came and sat next to me and the dog on the sofa.  I couldn't stand it!  I had to have a hand full, but you know what?  That was all I wanted.  I handed him back the bowl and was done.  I got on the scale this morning and it was down two more pounds :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o  so I'm not too upset about the pop corn.  I will add though that once he and my oldest son and daughter finish it up... it's gone!

Have a wonderful day.

Mary

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 08:29:18 AM »
Mary I don't blame you in the least with the pop corn.  That is one of my weaknesses for sure.  I love to watch movies ......and what goes better with a movie??? You guessed it!!   :'(   I still have a hard time when I go or even watch at home without thinking of it the whole time  ::) ::)  grrrrrrr  The last time the Hubs and I sat at home to watch a movie I could hear him yell from the kitchen " hon are we out of pop corn??  I can't find it!!"  LOL  What he doesn't know is I sent it all with my daughter to college...hee hee  I knew I couldn't take the smell  ::)   Sigh.... I wish there was a replacement for that...LOL   

Suz.... I'll see you in a bit..... ps... your the bomb to ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 01:23:36 PM »
The only thing I've found comes close to popcorn is roasted pumpkin seeds.

And Mary... Consider asking your husband for a little support by not eating his popcorn right next to you.
It would be tough enough to deal with the smell... But if it's then put right under your nose, it would be even tougher to resist.

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 04:13:14 PM »
Oh is there anyone that does not love popcorn? Umpa have you got a replacement for that one  ;D
I did see once a recipe to put cauliflower in the oven on a slow temp and bake it and they said it was much like popcorn, I will try to find that recipe and post it as I know I saved it.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 04:30:58 PM »
... I did see once a recipe to put cauliflower in the oven on a slow temp and bake it and they said it was much like popcorn, I will try to find that recipe and post it as I know I saved it.

Hi Rosie! :)

If the recipe works out, please post it under "Sides and Snacks" here;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=28.0

I'm sure many members (including myself) would love to have it. :)