Author Topic: Change at the gate.....  (Read 2127 times)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Change at the gate.....
« on: September 28, 2011, 09:32:25 PM »
Today makes 6 weeks that I've been walking 2 miles a day.  This is SO out of character for me because I've always hated to exercise.  Also, for years I've had trouble with annoying back pain.  I've always thought it was due to my weight, but my chiropractor told me, "There's lots of 300 lb football players who don't have back pain."  (Yeah, like THAT was suppose to make me feel better. ha ha)  However, I really think that my weight loss so far along with the walking is really helping my back!  I go to the track at 6am, and I really LOVE the quiet time by myself.  Our local college track is 1/4th mile around and it has 8 lanes.  As I go in the gate each morning, I start on the 8th lane and change to the next lane down each time I get back to the gate. (It's the only way I can keep up with my laps.)  When I finish lap #1, I know I've walked 2  miles.

One morning, I had tons on my mind, and I forgot to change lanes.   I mentally reminded myself "change at the gate, change at the gate!"  We have just finished a study series on Heaven at my church.  I guess the good Lord just reminded me that we really WILL "change at Heaven's gate"!   Kfaith, we will have NO MORE BACK PAIN there!  No more weight problems either! Everything will be PERFECT there!   I got so happy out there on the track thinking about what's in store for us, that I just had to raise my hands to the sky and thank my Heavenly Father!  After all, I couldn't have lost ANY of this weight unless He had helped me! So......now every time I get back to the gate at the track, I change lanes, lift both hands in the air, and whisper "Thank you Jesus!"     Even when there's other folks there, I don't even wonder what they think anymore.    I'm sure to them I just look like some fat chick fantasizing about winning some marathon. ha ha   However, in my heart I am really just thankful because I know that I will......change at the gate.  

Love & hugs to all of you my FTS family!!!!  
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:34:19 PM by Maddysmom »

suzlyn454

• View Profile
Re: Change at the gate.....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 05:22:38 AM »
 ;) Just a little lump in my throat while I read this.....you go Maddysmom.  I think about this thought when I go thru a gate!
Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 08:59:04 AM »
Tears in my eyes Maddysmom! That blessed me!  I can really relate to what you said.  I am not shy about raising my hands and praising my Lord, who cares what others think they have never walked in our shoes.  I have found that when we step out in faith to do something, that is when God really comes in to help us, but first we must take that first step and do what we can do.
Last summer we went to Palm Coast Florida on vacation with family. I was sitting on the condo balcony and watching the ocean and the people, I saw this older small grandma walking out to the water and wading, than she put her hands up and did a happy dance and I sat there watching her and began to cry, I would of loved to of talked to her and shared her happiness, wondering exactly what she had been through or what it meant to her to step into that surf, one thing I had no doubt about was she was praising God. A younger woman joined her and began to take pictures of her, I still wonder about them and what was going on. So yes Praise the Lord and never be shy about it!!!!!
That old devil loves to use the weapon of 'overeating' to destroy God's kids, and it has destroy so many. He cannot get us to dope it up or drink ourselves in the grave so he uses the fork. I believe that is why God gave Doug this mission...God sent him an answer that would help so many of us get our life back and than testify to the world how we overcame ;D ;D ;D ;D  PRAISE THE LORD. ;D
With God all things are possible
Rosie

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 09:14:40 AM »
Amen Kfaith!! I LOVED what you wrote!! You just made ME cry happy tears!  ;D    I feel so very thankful this morning.....for FTS, for Doug & Umpa, for my FTS family and all the blessings in my life!   :)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 10:57:34 AM »
Maddysmom - you are such a positive inspiration and have a wonderful outlook!   :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 11:48:16 AM »
"In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NAS)

Hi Jan! :)

As a former college football player, I can tell you that your chiropractor knows little about football players.
Sure, those line backers that weigh 300+ pounds are really big... But much of that mass is MUSCLE!

Those guys are in far better physical condition than they might first appear.

If you watch them closely as they move around the football field, you don't see FAT bouncing around like you would a FAT person.
But ironically, in our culture, their weight to height ratio would have many consider them obese.
They are FAR from obese!!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:50:18 AM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 12:46:16 PM »
Thank you Amber!  ;D

....and Tony, thanks for your insight!  ;) That's SO cool that you played college ball.  8)  I come from a basketball family, so I don't know football.  Makes sense. Those guys would HAVE to be in shape to run like they do.

Now I DO have to sit through football games with my husband though I don't know much about what's going on  ::)   Just last night he says..."If you will go with me to the football game Friday night, I will take you to the Ihop afterwards..?"  (see I can still be bribed with food! ha ha)   Looks like I may be headed for a Colorado omlet tomorrow night!  :D  

Rena

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 08:49:55 PM »
LOVE this, Jan!

I hope there's chocolate at them thar gates, too. ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 08:53:17 AM »
 :D :)