Author Topic: busy with Scentsy  (Read 9056 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: busy with Scentsy
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 08:49:16 AM »
What a great idea ;) We live in a log cabin in North Carolina this time of year,I always worry about remembering to blow out my candles.Doug found battery operated candles for me that are scented and i love them.They flicker like real candles very cool. :)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 12:01:25 PM »
I am watching the gorgeous leaves just 'rain' down outside my windows today, what a beautiful site. I bet your cabin in NC is gorgeous this time of year Umpa!
Umpa, I have some of the battery candles too as the other type candles are just too hard on my breathing.  I also have the battery ones that go in the windows at Christmas.
My son in law is in heating and air and he says when he goes to work on furnaces he can always tell when people burn lots of candles as it shows up in their filters and stuff on the furnace, made me wonder well what is it doing to my lungs and my walls etc...???
With God all things are possible
Rosie

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 12:40:35 PM »
I have my pumpkin marshmellow in the warmer today and I cannot even explain how yum it smells in here.
Rosie

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 08:28:24 PM »
Umpa your order shipped today  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Can't wait to hear how you like it! Again I say thank you so much for being my very first customer. ;)
Rosie

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 08:24:20 AM »
First thing my little granddaughter wanted to do when we got up this morning was turn on my Scentsy warmer, so today we are using Welcome Home ...and oh yum it is wonderful. ;D
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 09:46:12 AM »
You know its funny you say that about your son in law.In my camper I was getting soot too.I stopped burning candles for that reason.It is so beautiful in North Carolina this time of year.We are at 4000 ft and it is gold,red and orange!This is the weekend everyone comes in for the parkway.It is crazy!I can't wait for my scensy, I am exited! ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 09:58:24 AM »
My hubby is wandering around the yard muttering to himself Rosie.He was in the bathroom and looked out the second story window and saw trash on a trail at the top of the mountain.Then he said darn raccoons.Then he said did you move my grill across the porch,I don't think raccoons can move the grill??The bears are back!! :D YEAH!!!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »
Umpa that picture is awesome, I just made it my desktop background, so beautiful! You are living the good life my friend and you even have a camper wow! I am nuts over campers, RV parks, etc,  Lord willing in 6 years when hubby can retire we hope to take off in an RV and live in the Smokies and than head to Florida every winter. We had a 30 foot travel trailer and sold it, hoping to get another  one maybe by next summer, I want a Keystone trailer with several pull outs on it.  No matter how nice the condos or motels are, I still prefer my own little camper in some beautiful RV park with my little Yorkie on my lap.
My sister and hubby will be down in Pigeon Forge next week and they stay at really nice condos. She is a condo lady, haha I am a camper lady, she loves city, I love country, so different, she calls me the country mouse and she is the city mouse.
You tell Doug watch out for them bears, we need him ;D ;D ;D ;D  Be sure he has a can of bear repellent. I hear that really works great.
I love looking at bears but I am very afraid of them, there have been more bear attacks this year than I have ever heard of.  One of my favorite places on this earth is Cades Cove.  We love to go down there on off days like week days in the fall, usually than there is no traffic at all in the cove. Ten years ago we were always going camping, than began my dad got ill, than mom got ill, than they both after several years died, saddest time of my life  :'(  than my hubby got ill had to have open heart by pass, I tell ya we had some 'rough' years, praying it all turns around now.
I am excited to hear how you like or dislike Scentsy.  I am in love with mine, I think it is an awesome product.  My welcome home has been on since my granddaughter turned it on this morning and oh the smell in here is just so great. ;D actually puts me in a good mood haha
Rosie

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 01:16:54 PM »
I still have the Central Park Pralines in mine.  I have the "cloves & cinnamon" sentsy that I am saving for closer to Christmas.   I want to try the snickerdoodle scent, but it would probably just make me want chocolate.  ha ha

I bought mine at a  Scentsy party.  It was SOOO much fun smelling all the different ones.  The hostess had coffee beans in a dish we would sniff between scents to clear the last scent from your head.  I have 2 other scents but can't remember the names...maybe "Autumn Breeze" and a red one that's more of a perfume type scent..?  I really love the whole idea of Scentsy.   The next time I need some, I will order from YOU Rosie!  ;)   

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 02:01:24 PM »
Thanks Maddysmom, appreciate that!  Yep I just today learned about the coffee beans so you can clear your nose of the last scent. Never had heard about that before.  I smelled the praline in my samples and yep it smells great. I am addicted now, my  warmer comes on when I get up and goes off at bedtime hahahaha
Rosie

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »
Umpa, I get the Smoky Mountain news delievered to my FB page, and just today it says that the bears are having a hard time because of poor harvest this year, it said the red acorns are  poor this year and that they are leaving the park and moving into surrounding areas looking  ;) ;)for food, it said do not feed them. So yep you better get Doug two cans of bear repellent as there may be a bunch coming to your place haha ;D Bless their 'big' paws  ;) ;) ;)
Rosie

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 02:30:32 PM »
Maddysmom, when my start up kit came last week, i did not know about the coffee bean thing haha and I sat here and sniffed over 80 samples... kid you not it made me dizzy  ;D  I checked off the ones I liked, now I am thinking I got to get some coffee beans and do it all over again. ;D
When it came to the group called Scentsy Man, I tell ya those are strong and they smell like men's aftershave, cannot say any of them impressed me at all.
Rosie

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 03:19:54 PM »
I also learned today that the wax in the scentsy burner never gets hot enough to burn, so if a child or pet gets into it, no worry.... thank God.
Rosie

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 07:29:15 PM »
...  :) Doug doesn't like anything that is too strong.

Hi Ladies! :)

I think most guys (including myself) are on the same page as Doug about fragrances.
So for best results, err on the light side! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2011, 11:55:31 PM »
It is so beautiful in North Carolina this time of year.We are at 4000 ft and it is gold,red and orange!This is the weekend everyone comes in for the parkway

Umpa that picture is so beautiful.  Hubs and I were hoping to come ride the parkway this fall.  I'm not sure when we will be able to get away.... I hope soon.   ;D