Author Topic: Tomorrow's A New Day  (Read 8324 times)

skychant

• View Profile
Tomorrow's A New Day
« on: October 09, 2011, 08:28:25 PM »
I just updated my ticker and am determined to start fresh tomorrow morning.  I know that I can do this and be successful with Fat to Skinny.  My 40th birthday is next November and I want to be at my goal weight by then.  That means if I lose 2 pounds a week by my 40th I should be at or very close to my goal.  I have spent my entire 30's obese.  I have missed out on alot because of my weight.  I just want to be healthy...for people to see that when they look at me.  I definately do not like what I see when I look in the mirror.  I am committed to making the necessary changes to improve my future.

It's like Doug say's "Meat and Greens make you lean.  Sugar and Carbs make you large."  If you stick to his guidelines you will burn fat.  It is that simple.  So I am going to detox and rid myself of all these sugar cravings.  No more binge eating,  I will eat only when I am hungry.  I am ashamed of myself for reverting to my old ways and gaining back alot of the weight I lost.  I need the love and support of the forum to get me through.  I hope if anything that I can inspire  people that do not post because they've fell off the wagon to get back on and get active in the forums again.  I believe in myself and Fat to Skinny and know I can once and for all lose this weight and be healthy.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tomorrow's A New Day
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 09:13:36 PM »
You are right!  You absolutely CAN do this!!  Every  morning is a chance for a brand new start!  Just stick to FTS every day, and everything will change.  It won't happen overnight, but days turn into months and before you know you will have a year behind you!!   ;D   We are always here for YOU!!   

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 08:57:17 AM »
Wow Maddysmom you have almost lost 100 pounds, wow, would love to know what a typical days menu is for you.
Skychant I hear ya, and I am with you.  I stated out great I don't know where I went wrong, but hanging in hanging on...
With God all things are possible
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 09:25:26 AM »
Skychant we have missed you! welcome back!! You can do this! You just weren't ready before ;) Sounds like you are ready now!We are always here for you!You need to read the success stories to get you motivated. :)
KFAITH if you are having problems let us know.Everybody is different.Usually its something you are missing that stops weight loss like splenda.You can always post your meal plans and we will all look at them. ;)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 09:39:15 AM »
Hi Kfaith!  For the past month I've been having the One Minute Muffin for breakfast everyday with cream cheese on top. My favorites...the chocolate one and the spice one!  ;)  However, last night I made the sausage quiche (from the recipe exchange) and added onions & peppers.  My plan is to eat a square of that every morning this week for breakfast.   For lunch today, I am making a pizza on a low carb wrap, with just 2 tsps Ragu pizza sauce, shredded cheese & pepperoni. We have a little toaster oven in the office breakroom that works great for this!  Tonight, I'll probably have a hamburger patty on the grill, with slaw & dill pickles.  
When I have enough carbs left, one of my favorite snacks is strawberries & cream.  I LOVE to buy the heavy whipping cream, add just enough sugar free pudding mix (vanilla or cheesecake flavor) to give it taste, then I put the mixer to it on high.  It makes YUMMY whip cream.  I chop up the strawberries, add a tiny bit of xylitol or stevia, and swirl them through the cream...Oh my gosh!!! ;D
I keep almonds or sunflower seeds in my desk drawer, and I always keep sugar free Wylers or Hawaiian punch drink mix with me at work too.  Helps with getting my water in for the day!   ;)  Hang in there my friend!!!  

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 09:49:37 AM »
Maddysmom that sounds wonderful! Can we all come over??

Skychant...welcome back. You can do this! I know just how you feel about being obese and losing the weight has changed my life completely! It will change yours too!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 10:04:05 AM »
Come on up Sherri!  It would be SO much fun to share my fts food with somebody! My husband won't try any of my low carb dishes.  ha ha

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 03:45:43 PM »
awwww... an almost 40's girl.. Im right there with you., I will be turning 40 in less than 2 yrs and I am determined to be at my goal weight..... I swear, Im going to party like I am 21 darn it...  lol
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 04:02:45 PM »
     Thank You all for your words of support and encouragement.  I went to the market today and am very excited about the food I bought.  I especially like the roast beef and swiss roll up I just had for a snack.  I found some 0 carb whipped cream and I got some sugar free jello to have as a treat.  I am only going to buy sugar free peanut butter cups on special ocassions.  They were my downfall my first attempt. 
     Next Monday I will change my ticker and see how well I have done for the week.  You just can't beat all the great food choices.  This morning I ate a huge omlette with ham, peppers and just a smidge of onion and tomato with cheese.  I refuse to gain over the holidays.  My goal is to lose 30 pounds by New Years.  I am so inspired by the goal getters on the site.  I know I can do this.

binky04

• I used to live to eat. Now I eat to live :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 08:15:35 PM »
You can do it, skychant!! Just keep the faith.  Everyone on this forum supports you!  I love FTS and all of the people on the forum.  They are AWESOME supporters. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 08:33:51 AM »
I am gonna be 47 this  year! I do something new or add something to my life every year to make it better.This year it was Tai Chi. :) I still feel 21 Alex ;)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 12:14:16 PM »
Maddysmom, your menu sounds much like mine except usually my breakfast is 2 eggs with 2 turkey bacon , no bread.
I make me a cheese pizza lot of times, I use the pizza sauce that starts with a 'c' I cannot remember the name right now but it is the lowest carb one Kroger carries and I use 2 T of it. I use the Josephs flex pita for my crust and cheese on top.
I had been  hitting the Russell stoffers candy hard lately and I was never  even a candy eater so got to quit that. Been keeping my diet pop to one and rarely 2 per day but maybe I should try more unsweet tea and water.
I am really trying harder yesterday and today, so far so  good.  It just takes 'thinking' and planning it all the time to be successful I think and when I get sidetracked, by company, or my other interest, hobbies etc, than look out that is when I mess up.
You guys are all so great, this forum truly is the 'life' of staying on the fts. I feel you are all becoming great friends. God blessings to ya all.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 12:23:38 PM »
I am happy to report that I lost 4 pounds my first day!  My goal is to lose 2 pounds a week and I have surpassed it for this week.  I can't wait to change my ticker next Monday to show how much I have lost.  For breakfast I had cheese eggs and two fried weenies.  I am going to have Cheesy broccoli and salmon for dinner.  I drink a lot of water during the day.  I hope everyone is having a great day and losing!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 01:53:41 PM »
Way to go Skychant!!!  Hey, you don't have to wait to update your ticker.  When I see the scale move, I change my ticker no matter WHAT day it is! ha ha  You rock!!

Kfaith, I LOVE the Joseph's flax pitas, but Walmart is ALWAYS out of them.  I think folks in my town are catching on to the low carb thing. ha ha  Lately I have discovered another snack that I like.  I like to dip the bran crispbread in spinach dip!  The crispbread isn't good alone, but GREAT to use with dips or cheese.   ;)  Oh, and I totally agree.....the forum is a HUGE part of my success.  The support I receive from all my FTS friends is PRICELESS!!  Love all of you folks!! ;D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:55:31 PM by Maddysmom »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 10:22:56 AM »
You have to be prepared Rosie,you can't think straight when your sugar is low or you are overly hungry ;) It seems to me like you haven't detoxed yet.After detox a real soda should make you nauseous.You have to make it two weeks with no sugar and keep the carbs under 20 a day.Then your body will go crazy. :)