Author Topic: Tomorrow's A New Day  (Read 8289 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tomorrow's A New Day
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 10:24:38 AM »
GO SKYCHANT!!! ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 07:05:05 PM »
You absolutely can do this, skychant! :) :) :) :)

But be careful about setting a time schedule to your loss.
Our bodies run on their own clocks and calendars and don't care about our expectations.

So if you lose that weight in time, great!... If not, that's OK too! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 02:52:33 PM »
I am positive that I can lose 30 pounds by New Year's Day.  So far this week I have lost 8 pounds.
I only have 22 pounds to go.  I only lost 25 last year over the holidays.  I went on vacation and I also ate too much SF candy.  I think I have figured out the tricks to be steady at losing.
I bought a size 20 pair of jeans off of the clearance rack and my goal is to be able to wear them.  It is good to have a goal and rewards that aren't food related.

I am proud of you Tony for sticking to FTS and notice how close you are to your goal.  You are doing excellent!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 08:50:16 PM »
skychant you are doing good....keep on keeping on.... ;D
With God all things are possible
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 08:58:32 AM »
You are gonna make it this time Skychant! You have the want to! Do you have The Bakery book?  :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 09:06:18 AM »
Welcome back Skychant, I'm glad to see your determination is back. Remember sugar is a drug, carbs are a drug. VERY addictive......Clean out everything in your home that can tempt you  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

BarbaraBuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 11:13:44 AM »
Skychant, i am feeling the same way! I'm 43, been obese most of my adult life and never truly happy with myself.  I am thankful to know that there are others out there like myself and to hear that you are being successful just proves to me that I can be too.  Congratulations on your continued success.

"It just takes 'thinking' and planning it all the time to be successful I think and when I get sidetracked, by company, or my other interest, hobbies etc, than look out that is when I mess up." Can't see who posted this comment, but this is exactly what happens to me. I know I need to develop new habits, it is my biggest challenge.  :-\

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 03:38:34 PM »
Adopting a new lifestyle like FTS, requires a life change.
The key to success is to make other life changes that support it.

We discover most of those "other" changes as we go along our FTS journeys.
Taking those discoveries and using them to our advantage is very important.

If you know where your weak spots are, think about ways to strengthen them.
Although they may seem to be weaknesses, they can be used to YOUR advantage!

So sit down with a blank sheet of paper and list all the situations (or things) you consider obstacles or weaknesses.
On another sheet, write down ideas that will help you deal with them in FTS-friendly ways.
And finally, adopt those ideas that work for you into your FTS lifestyle.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:22:09 PM by mouseissue »

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 06:28:39 PM »
Umpa I was going to request the bakery book when I reach 100 Posts.  I have a few more to go.

Sticking with FTS Barbara is the best decision that you can make for yourself and your health.  14-16 days off the wagon can turn into months and unwanted pounds.  The quicker you free yourself from sugar and carb addiction the better off you will be.  I have lost 10 pounds since Monday and feel great.  I enjoy my food more and have a greater anticipation for each new day and all the pounds of fat that are going to melt off of me.  You can do this .  I want you to have the body of your dreams.

Doug I have my enthusiasm back and know I can be successful.  Strange but true the only things I crave when I stick to FTS....that have alot of carbs and sugar are pintos and bananas.  I can have them in small servings so that kills my cravings.  I do believe the addiction to carbs and sugar is'nt so bad once you go through detox. I am so greatful for this website and your book.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 04:45:51 PM »
Make sure  you get it! Your gonna love it skychant :)

BarbaraBuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 11:43:14 AM »
Mouseissue and Skychant.... THANK YOU! your words of support and wisdom are what help me stay on track. I do appreciate them greatly. mouseissue, that you for the suggestion to sit down with a blank paper.. i will do that tonight. skychant, i want me to have the body of my dreams too. Thank you for reminding me of that  and believing that I can do it!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 12:23:38 PM »
Mouseissue and Skychant.... THANK YOU! your words of support and wisdom are what help me stay on track. I do appreciate them greatly. mouseissue, that you for the suggestion to sit down with a blank paper.. i will do that tonight. skychant, i want me to have the body of my dreams too. Thank you for reminding me of that  and believing that I can do it!

We're here for you, Barbara! :)

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 03:53:06 PM »
     You can have the body of your dreams Barbara with FTS.  So many people gain over the holidays.  We are going to focus on our goal and stay away from all the sugar and carbs.  I survived a buffet and a birthday party over the weekend.  I know I can perservere.  Actually it is not that difficult when you are prepared and have approved foods on hand to eat.  We are all here rooting for you...continue to stay on track. :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 01:20:33 PM »
You can do anything you put your mind to! :)

BarbaraBuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 02:09:11 PM »
Yesterday when very well and today is off to a great start. I am faced with an evening meal out (fundraiser for my daughter's school), but  I have reviewed the menu and believe I can make very healthy low carb choices.

I keep using the subject title as self encouragement...Tomorrow is a new day! A day in which I can be successful. A day in which I can begin again if need be; a day to get back on the right track.
Taking the time to be prepared has always been my challenge. I am a very busy working mom. I volunteer with many different groups. I often use the excuse of "I don't have the time" to explain why I couldn't be effective and successful. After a long hard self evaluation, I have come to realize that if I don't make the necessary changes now, I really won't have the time...I'll soon be dead!  and I do not want that! So I am making and taking the time to be in charge of my eating habits, thanks to the support of  this forum!