Author Topic: Low Carb Cornbread  (Read 1605 times)

eclark53

• View Profile
    • Email
Low Carb Cornbread
« on: October 17, 2011, 06:48:48 AM »
Hey All,

Estelle here!  I love old fashioned southern cornbread.  Anyone got a low carb recipe for cornbread.  Also, I like to fry my fish is corn meal.  Anyone got a low carb alternative for a fish coating to fry.  Also, I would love to have a low carb substitute for white flour.

I have given up sugar in all forms.  I love sweets and Stevia is as sweet as it can get.  So now I need a substitute for the white flour and corn meal.  Then I think I can make it from there.  I can make my own cornbread if i can get rid of the white flour and corn meal culprits.

Estelle

joagain

Re: Low Carb Cornbread
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 06:55:29 AM »
here is my cornbread that I make I half the recipe so that it will be thin & crunchy ,if you like it thick just make as the recipe
Oh & welcome to the forum ,we use almond flour alot but Umpa will tell you more about that .here is the recipe

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1302.0

joagain

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 06:57:11 AM »
Oh and also I use 1/2 flax & 1/2 parm cheese for coating  ,I use just parm cheese and it is very good also

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »
Hi Estelle, welcome to the party :) for your fish coating watch this video...I'm using it on chicken here but it works well with any fried food

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1263.0

You may want to think about ordering the FAT TO SKINNY Sugar Free Bakery Book, it has many white flour replacement recipes.

http://www.shop.fattoskinny.com/
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 12:20:42 PM »
Welcome to the family, Estelle!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

You will find all the help and support you need to be successful at the FTS lifestyle right here on this forum.
The folks here are all fantastic!!! :) :)

If you ever have any other questions or concerns about FTS, or simply would like to vent, this is the place!

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your FTS journey!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 01:44:43 PM »
Welcome Estelle! I am umpa dougs wife if I can help you please ask. :) The closest thing you are gonna get to cornmeal is golden flaxseed meal/flour.My favorite subsitute for white flour is NOW unblanched almond flour.You can also make your own.Soy flour is another replacement but I find it alittle bitter at high temps.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly. :)