Author Topic: My Blood Work  (Read 3925 times)

joagain

My Blood Work
« on: October 20, 2011, 08:44:10 PM »
Blood work in ,probably starting menOpause   :o >:( :(  Also they said my thyroid was fine but tylers doc said normal is 0.300-3.000 so I dont know if I need to find a new doc or what but here is the numbers

Choleserol before FTS-218 now -169
Triglycerides before  187 now -99
HDL before FTS     50-  now 73 (said HDL is suppose to be higher )
LDL before FTS   131  now   -81
Blood sugar  was 93
Thyroid before FTS 3.995  now 3.445 

So my doctor said my thyriod is not a problem but Tylers endo says that I have a problem  if it is over 3.000 ,does anyone else know anything about this or if you are on Thyriod meds what was your # ?

eliruthy

• View Profile
Re: My Blood Work
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 09:07:55 PM »
I am hypo.  3.00 is the NEW standard that requires medication, aka, synthroid.  Find an endo that agrees and practices under these current standards and you will probably feel better and lose weight faster when your thyroid is controlled. I started meds at 4.0-ish...

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »
YAY Jo!  Your numbers rock!!  So happy for you! ;D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 09:14:01 AM »
I've been in the background since June.  FTS was recommended by my doctor.  My weight gain and inability to lose was/is related to hypothyroidism so this post hit a nerve.  Lifestyle changes are hard so fighting on two fronts will complicate it, but please do some research on thyroid problems.  My dangerously pre-cancerous thyroid was removed in 2008 so I have a known problem and don't need to wonder if I need thryoid replacement.

Rather than start the debate here, I recommend the website "stopthethyroidmadness.com" to anyone who has difficulty losing weight.  Their crusade is much like the FTS one.  A TSH of 3 needs to be addressed. 

Now that I've broken the ice, I hope to be a more active participant in this forum. The support, recipes and constant cheering section are great.  I must live near JEN1975 because we go to the same doctor.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 09:25:18 AM »
Hi Andrea...thanks for coming out of the closet  ;D ;D  Welcome to the family....

Jo check out this article for further info- http://thyroid.about.com/od/gettestedanddiagnosed/a/garbertsh.htm

Congratulations on your blood work!!!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 09:25:51 AM »
Welcome Andrea!!  

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 09:42:30 AM »
Welcome Andrea...I'm sure Jo will appreciate your input and information.  Of course, as always, Doug and Umpa are also very supportive and informative.  Good Luck on your FTS lifestyle!
Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 10:34:06 AM »
Andrea Welcome! :) I am umpa,dougs wife if I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.I have addressed Jo in a private email.My mother who has kidney disease also has thyroid problems.Her thyroid dissolved, she doesn't have one.She is hypo and weighs about 85 pounds.If she doesn't take her meds she slurs her words like she is drunk.She struggles to hold on to weight.My point is everyone is different but if you are having symptoms that are not normal get to a doctor and get some bloodwork done. ;)

joagain

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 11:34:05 AM »
Thanks Andrea and welcome to the forum Have you lost since being on FTS ?  Thanks everyone as you see I will never give up !!!

Just cant afford to doctor hop till I find one that will give me meds . :'(

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 11:53:07 AM »
Welcome to the family, Andrea!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

We know there have been (and are) a lot of folks out there reading our posts, but not joining into our conversations.
I'm glad you broke the "silence ice" and joined us.

As I'm sure you've noticed, the folks here really do care about one another.
We really do want to see each other reach our weight goals and will do what we can to help.

As you well know, having thyroid issues makes weight management a difficult (often impossible) task.
Having a doctor that will support you in the FTS lifestyle will make things much easier for you.
That, along with the support you'll get here, insures success is just a matter of time.

Now that you're past the "ice", I'm looking forward to hearing about your FTS journey.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 12:02:16 PM »
Hi Jo! :)

You're numbers are wonderful. They are what we can expect living the FTS lifestyle. ;D

I agree with eliruthy and pray that you can find a doctor that's competent with thyroid issues.

Ask your doctor if you could get a referral to an endo (i.e. endocrinologist).
They specialize in issues that affect the glands and should be able to help you dial-in a solution.
What you do today is what matters!

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 02:24:33 PM »
Joagain, glad you got a good report.  Welcome Andrea  :)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 08:27:40 PM »
Welcome to the club Andrea!  You go to East/West Health Clinic too?!  I think you'll be the first person in CO that's familiar with what I'm doing!  Dr Yudez is quite the proponent of FTS - my very first visit he handed me a pic of the book cover and said read it.  You can ask these guys on the forum pretty much anything - they are super supportive and straight shooters.  I figure you can't argue with results like Sherri's!  And I have NEVER been able to lose weight the way I have on this program (other than when I was bulimic or anorexic).  But I don't count that time of my life - not exactly HEALTHY weight loss!!  ;)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »
Hi Andrea and welcome to the forum!  It's a GREAT place to be!   ;D

Rena

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 11:02:25 AM »
Congrats, Jo!

I've been on thyroid meds for years, but know very little about the numbers or what's considered normal. I'm going to check out the link Doug posted. I just had it retested and it hadn't changed after losing my weight -- was told it probably wouldn't though.