Author Topic: I fell  (Read 5213 times)

joagain

I fell
« on: October 31, 2011, 04:46:59 PM »
 I fell off the FTS wagon and landed head first into the crab wontons  at my old favorite Chinese Buffet .  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) >:( >:( >:(

I do have to say they were veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gooooooooooooooooooooood when I was eating them .

But about a hour later I got bloated ,have acid reflux & feel like I have taken about 3 sleeping pills .

I let my hubby talk me into going there , Because I have not been losing and following the below 20 carbs I was like what the h@@# I am not losing anyway  >:( :( :( :( :-[  But what is done is done  . Will not eat anything tonight and FTS tomorrow hopefully with no cravings  :-*

On a positive note I have been doing the Total gym everyday since we got it last Friday . ;D

skychant

• View Profile
Re: I fell
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 06:02:23 PM »
I used to be fond of crab wontons myself.  I ocassionally treat myself to Chinese Buffet....but I try to make wise choices like baked fish and shrimp and crab.  I pack a takeout tray and make two meals off of it.  Make sure you keep your sugar under 5 grams as well.  You can and will get to your goal.  I have faith in you.  Keep working out on that Total Gym.

joagain

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 06:30:06 PM »
Thanks skychant ,I will make it to my goal as you will !  ;D

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »
Jo please don't be so hard on yourself..... I can fall on crab wontons too...LOL  Love those things!!  Just consider that a treat and get back on the wagon...  I wonder if those soy wrappers would work for egg rolls and wontons???  I need to order some of those from the Asian market and try them out.  If they would we could have those FTS friendly.  ;D ;D  

Just keep on truckin girl.... you'll be ok.  Drink lots of water to flush those sugars and maybe you wont have much for cravings  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:28:22 PM »
Hi Jo! :)

You have described why I will no longer eat at a Chinese restaurant.
Seems like the only thing that might be safe is Egg Drop Soup (as long as there are no noodles).

I agree with Shawn... Don't beat yourself up over it. What's done is done.

Nonetheless, you've learned a lesson.
Next time your hubby presses to go, just remind him that the food will make you SICK! :P
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
Thanks guys , I knew I should not have went but the old "" well I am not losing anything anyway so why not " came back and  there I was in head first in the wontons . LOL 

I am not too mad at myself it is what it is I just feel like CRAP !!!!!

Thanks guys love yall :-* :-*

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 07:37:38 AM »
Hey Jo!  Hang in there girl!  Don't feel bad.  No telling WHAT I would do if somebody turned me loose in a chinese restaurant!    Oh my goodness, I used to go to the chinese buffet and fill my plate with those fried won tons PLUS egg rolls...then I'd go back at least once!  I also love hot & sour soup.  I bet we could at least come up with a low carb recipe for the soup...??   Anyway, we are all in this together.  The cool thing about FTS is that we can re-start any day and be right back on track!   You got this!   ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 07:58:35 AM »
Toosweet hold on to your money.I just got a box of product from the asian market to do a review. ;)
Maddysmom ask umpa ;)
Jo I am proud of you for using your total gym! :)

joagain

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 08:22:49 AM »
Just got off of it this morning !! ;D

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 09:11:58 AM »
I experience that same feeling of like I took handful of sleeping pills, what is that all about????? Why do carbs do that to us?
With God all things are possible
Rosie

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 09:23:42 AM »
I'm waiting Umpa!!  LOL  I was hoping you got something when you were visiting San Fran  ;)  I am so hoping they are good!!    I can see it now...... egg rolls, wontons, crab rangoon.....etc  :-* :-*  Everytime I look for the tofu wrappers though they are out of stock  :-\  ( that makes me think that they are pretty good)  

Jan I don't think I have ever had hot and sour soup.  That sounds interesting for sure.  I know I do like egg drop though.  Very low carb there  ;)

I think I want  some fried rice for dinner...... with cauliflower rice of course ::)....LOL 8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 11:19:37 AM »
Just got off of it this morning !! ;D

I'm so proud of you, Jo! :) :) :) :) :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 11:23:13 AM »
I experience that same feeling of like I took handful of sleeping pills, what is that all about????? Why do carbs do that to us?

Hi Rosie! :)

SUGAR IS POISON!... That's what it's all about.
Our bodies react as they should when we eat something that does damage to them.

That sleepy feeling is what happens shortly after eating sugar... It's called a "sugar crash".

joagain

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 12:14:52 PM »
I had sugar crash  bad yestersday this is just more proof that it is terrible for our bodies !1

Love ya Tony !

And jan I said head first but it was really face first ! LOL

MichelleShani

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 02:54:14 PM »
Hi Jo I hope you start fresh and reset. You will lose the weight again. Keep your head up and stay motivated. Chinese food was seriously my addiction and it was so hard to resist. I remember at one time when I was at my lowest point in life I would eat chinese food ever single day for a whole week. I was so obsessed with it since it was cheap with the $5.25 lunch and dinner specials they had. I no longer step foot into chinese restaurants. They were just one of the many foods that kept my blood sugar up. I stay far away.