Author Topic: I fell  (Read 5212 times)

Rena

Re: I fell
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 03:27:36 PM »
Jo -- Don't be so hard on yourself. Like TooSweet said, just consider it a treat. I ate Chinese awhile back too and decided not to pick things apart or be picky. I just ate what we ordered. It's not the end of the world. Just keep doing what you're doing. I believe (although others here might not) that you should allow yourself a treat every now and then. Moderation is the key to everything! An eggroll didn't kill me, so a wonton isn't going to knock you too far back. You have to live your life!

joagain

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 05:32:50 PM »
Thanks Rena , I agree with you but I ate too many of those babies !!  No just a few days back I just dont like feeling like that anymore drugged up .

MichelleShani you are right about the BS it makes Tylers BS high he dont go near it ,he was at work or I would have never gone .

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 09:29:46 AM »
Jo it happens to all of us. The hard part is getting over it and coming back to FTS. My fear has always been to let loose, eat something really sugary and the addiction grab me again. I licked a knife the other day when I was cutting a piece of real pumpkin cheesecake for a friend and it about killed me. It took three days for the want of sugar to go away. That is the scary part, how much that sugar is an addiction to me. I almost feel like this must be what an alcoholic would feel like. Just wanting one little bit and then I'll be okay. It was horrible. :(
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

joagain

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 09:57:38 AM »
sherrie it is a strong addiction , I guess we will fight it forever but  I just jumped back on no supper that night and FTS the next day . .

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 01:46:50 PM »
We ARE carb addicts!... No ifs, ands, or buts about it!
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 06:07:16 PM »
I always said it as a joke before I started FTS , but I know now it is a very real addiction ,I think harder then some others because you cant ever get away from bad foods . You may can keep you house FTS but you have to go out sometime . It will always be a addiction !!

People dont realize what """just one taste wont hurt " could possibly do

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 02:39:39 PM »
Hi Marty! :)

Wendy's Caramel Frosties are POISON to carb addicts!!!
What you do today is what matters!

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »
Gosh I feel for ya jo....my biggest temptation at chinese restaurants is the sesame balls with the sweet bean inside.  I use to stuff my face with them till I looked like a chipmunk!  The thing we all know....even though it may seem like a treat at the time...it's that awful feeling later like swelling, bloating, grogginess and the all too familiar I gotta just lay down for a minutes foggy brain attack.  It's never worth it but kudos for your courage to admit it.  I wouldn't say you fell...I'd say you tripped one evening because you got right back on the program.  I'd say you fell if you had a week or month long eating frenzy. ;)

I have learned that sometimes staying on very low carb for an indefinite time causes your body to adjust so eating one high carb meal might fool your body and you'll start loosing again.  Congrats on the exercising...that should help and drink lots of water to rid yourself of the sodium if there is a next time.

Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 11:41:58 AM »
Hi Jo!
Pleazse don't be so hard on yourself! It is HARD sometimes, the "rest of the world" just has no bloody idea what the sugar and carbs are doing to them. I KNOW how easy it is to fall off the wagon, believe me, I'm having a horrible time of it lately! lol But, I plan on keeping my chin up, and redirecting myself, darnit! I'm GOING to be healthy! Much love from Wyoming Lady ;)

joagain

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 01:27:59 PM »
Love yall guys the forum and felling better is why I have not thrown the FTS towel in !!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »
I am not gonna let you quit!We know where you live :D :D :D Plus we got Tyler!! :D :D :D

joagain

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 10:57:17 AM »
Yes you do  ;D, He showed me his abs this morning he has lost a total of 10 pounds  he takes a total of 10 units of novolog  and when he first got diagnosed they had him eating 300 carbs a day and 30-40 units of novolog .

What a difference !!!! ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 09:25:31 AM »
Just think of the money you are saving let alone how much healthier he is!!!!! We love ya Tyler 8)