Author Topic: Deception!  (Read 2167 times)

MichelleShani

• View Profile
Deception!
« on: November 15, 2011, 09:11:01 AM »
My [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] was stalled for about a week and half and I'm used to losing 5 or more pounds a week nowadays since cutting caffiene, so I was so frustrated. I realized now that it was Purnell's Sausage Patties. Even though they have zero carbs with two patties per serving, I looked and read that it had Sugar as its main ingredient. Could some products they have no carbs that contain sugar lie about the carb count? I've been eating these patties on and off for the past 5 months and I'm just now(This morning for Breakfast) realizing it stalled or slowed my [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url]. I could have loss way more weight, probably 30 extra pounds in the 5 month span without eating those patties.  :( >:( Please Read your ingredients! I feel these manufacturers are trying to con!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:10:13 PM by MichelleShani »

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Re: Deception!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 09:18:45 AM »
Gosh I hate when that happens. There are so many products out there like that. They say one thing and then when it slows you down, you know it's wrong. Good catch and thank you for letting us all know. We'll be sure not to eat those!!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 10:51:03 AM »
I hate it too!  >:( >:( >:(.... next time you're at the store take a look at the label on a pack of tic tac mints which are 100% sugar. It says 0 carbs!.....why? because the serving size is only 1 mint, below the FDA's requirement to count the sugar  >:(
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 11:22:19 AM »
Hi Michelle! :)

It would be wonderful if the FDA was consistent about its labeling rules.
When it comes to carbs, the numbers can be VERY deceptive.

So for that reason, when I read a nutrition label, I ALWAYS read the carb counts AND the ingredients list.
If any of the first three ingredients is known to be high in net carbs, I don't buy the product!

I'm happy to hear that you discovered the stall out culprit... Now it's onward to your goal! ;D
What you do today is what matters!

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 11:41:02 AM »
I've had VERY similar experiences, Michelle
I love jerky, and was buying the jerky seasoning, which puts 0 carbs, 0 sugar on the serving size label..HOWEVER! one of the third or so ingredients is sugar!! ggrrr >:( >:( >:( It is VERY frustrating, so we have had to find sugar-free recipes for jerky, since we eat mostly wild game as our protien source. Good job reading those labels girl!

MichelleShani

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 12:30:42 PM »
What's the deal with caffeine? I used to drink a pot or three every day, then none, then they said 4 cups per day would lessen the chance of Alzheimer's... I've started drinking 4 cups or so every day.  Do I need to stop drinking it again?

For me personally Marty, I have had negative side affects with Caffeine for a very long time even though I love coffee and cream. It's given me headaches, breakouts and has stalled my weight loss numerous times. Every one is different so I'm not going to say you shouldn't drink it but I know I can't. On the flip side I have heard that in small amounts it's good for you since it contains antioxidants.

Thanks Zombie girl. I'm so obsessed and anxious about my weight the only seasoning I put on anything anymore is pepper. I want to lose this weight so freakin much people just don't know!

Thanks Mouseissue the FDA needs to definitely make some changes cause this is BS.

Doug I know now to check ingredients for sure.
You are welcome Sherrie anything for ya'
ll!

snobles

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »
Looks like it's all about the sales! Forget about your health and well being! Good thing we have the knowledge on how to read the labels and understand what it is they're trying to hide!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 04:47:06 PM »
Hi Marty! :)

Many folks have successfully lost their unwanted pounds and still enjoyed their coffee, tea, etc..
But as in all things, moderation is key. If it's coffee or tea, 3 or 4 cups per day max is usually fine.

However, no two of us are alike and caffeine may be effecting your progress. You could stop and see how it goes.
If you do, you may (or may not) have the same results as Michelle.
But one thing you can almost bank on is having caffeine withdrawal headaches... They can be ugly!

So if you decide to go ahead and give it up, be prepared!
What you do today is what matters!