Author Topic: new to fat to skinny  (Read 4034 times)

steve240

• View Profile
new to fat to skinny
« on: November 23, 2011, 09:23:20 PM »
hello everyone my name is steve and ive read dougs book it was very interesting to learn how much sugar is in all the products i eat everyday nowonder im 240 lbs anyway just wanted to say hi im just getting going on my weight loss but have dropped a few lbs allready although i have been excercising for the last month also im trying to keep my carb count down well thanks a lot doug for writing the book and i will try and keep my log of how im doing thanks again.  steve 240

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: new to fat to skinny
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:09:31 PM »
Welcome to the family, Steve! :) :) :) :) :) :)

All the support you'll need is right here on this forum.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your FTS journey!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jess

• Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to :>
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 11:27:27 PM »
Hi There Steve! :)
I'm still pretty new too!  And Tony is right on, all the support you need is here ( and fabulous recipes too ;D)
Good luck on your journey to restored health; you're going to do great!
Let go and let God

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 11:39:06 PM »
Welcome to the family Steve!  ;D 

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 12:03:28 AM »
Hi Steve and welcome to the Forum!  You will really enjoy meeting all the "family", and they are always here to support you!  Sounds like you are already well on your way to a new YOU!  Once you get past the first 2 weeks, it gets easier all the time.

Hey Jess!  Welcome to YOU too!  Great to have you BOTH here!   ;D 

joagain

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 05:27:00 AM »
Hi steve240 welcome & happy Thanksgiving !!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 08:30:55 AM »
Welcome to the party Steve240....before long you'll be changing your name to Seve180  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 08:43:38 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Steve :) I am Umpa ,dougs wife .I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.If I can help you please ask. :)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 10:25:19 AM »
Welcome Steve and enjoy your journey to a new you!  ;)
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Marty

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 10:31:28 AM »
I'll chime in with my 'howdy do' too, Steve 240. The hardest part is over - making the committment.  You'll do great if you follow the FTS guidelines! There's a lot of delicious food waiting for you here!  :)

Cuzzin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 02:06:16 AM »
hi everyone!!
This looks like as good a place as any to jump in and introduce myself.

My name is Vicki, in doing one of my numerous searches for low-carb recipes, I came across a utube video on summer squash that in turn led me here. I have to be honest, and say I have not read the books or infact know anything about the fat to skinny website before then. I have based all my knowledge on the Atkins as well as the South Beach diets.
But in reading over the site for the past couple of days, it seems to be pretty much equal. I could be wrong...it's been known to happen in the past. I just try not to make a habit of it.  ;)
I don't say I follow any one diet plan over another because, as with most everything else in life, what works for one may or may not work for someone else. In my "research" it appears to me that whether it be Atkins, SB, or FTS...they all have the same objective. Low carb foods, healthy fats, and plenty of water.
I have twice lost 40 lbs using this formula, but I have also twice put the weight back on plus a little more. Due to stress, emotions running high and pure laziness. So I am back to hit the ground running and actually accomplish what I set out to do more than 6 years ago.

I pretty much started <or should I say RE-started> the low carb lifestyle on October 15th, and have since then appeared to have lost 11 lbs, depending on what mood my scale is in.  My first goal is going to be being able to walk into my doctors office, and have her take me off all my diabetes and cholesterol meds.  My second goal is to be able to sit on any airline of my choosing and not have to ask for a seat belt extender.  After that....I'll formulate the next set once I accomplish the those.

It has been my pleasure getting to know you all thru your posts and the website. I look forward to a continued journey with you all!!

Vicki

PS...I can't promise all my posts won't be this long, but let's just hope I will never be boring  ;D  >;D<

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 07:01:28 AM »
Welcome to the forum Vicki,

You will be surprised that there is totally a difference between FTS and Atkins.  I can't say about South Beach, as that is one of the few "diets" that I haven't tried.  It's been years since I tried Atkins but did not stick to it.  The difference for me between FTS and Atkins is the support you get here at this forum, along with the wonderful recipes provided by Doug and Umpa and your support members.  The other difference is that most of us here do not consider FTS a "diet", it is a lifestyle change that you will have to adopt and forever live by.  No going back once you make that committment.  As you begin your journey clean out those cabinets of high carb foods and don't look back.  You will find out there are all kinds of wonderful replacements for those foods that have caused you to yo-yo over the years.  Good Luck and stick to FTS, you'll be glad you did.
Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »
Hi Vicki! I am Umpa, Dougs wife.I have a column on the home page called ask umpa where I can take your favorite recipes and make them fat to skinny friendly.If I can help you please ask. :) The difference at fat to skinny is we break the cycle.We don't remove foods we replace them.That way there are no foods to add back to make you gain the weight back,cycle broken.Please read the book.It will teach you exactly why you are where you are. ;)

Marty

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 10:57:37 AM »
Welcome, Vicki! You hit the jackpot when you found this site.  :) These people know what they're doing! The hardest part of joining the FTS lifestyle for me was breaking through my huge mental resistance for a total committment. It was like fighting an elastic barrier! I knew I'd won when I cleaned out the pantry and got rid of all the high-carb foods in there. Doug's and Umpa's cookbooks are wonderful! You won't miss out on any good eats with them on hand!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 12:20:09 PM »
Welcome to the family, Vicki!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

All the support you'll need, you will get right here... Just ask!

It is VERY important that you get a copy of Doug's and read it. It's the FTS bible.
Although you can get a decent understanding of how to live the FTS way by reading our posts, the book provides so much more.
I've read my copy over a dozen times, And each time I read it, I'd become more and more motivated.

And Umpa is dead on target!
This is the ONLY eating regimen that I've ever tried that emphasizes replacement and NOT deprivation.
That's the secret weapon in the war against FAT that REALLY works!

My doc has removed my blood sugar med and cut my high blood pressure meds in half.
My goal is to be completely "drug free" this next Spring.
If you follow the FTS rules, you should find yourself becoming free of those meds too.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your FTS journey.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!