Author Topic: Hi There New to site  (Read 33139 times)

bigjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi There New to site
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:08:17 PM »
I bought the book ( e-book) a few years ago and I am glad I saved it. I stated to review the book (again) and hope to start lowcarbing on soon. At 327 lbs it sucks to be big. I had the lap band done back
in Dec 2005 and my pre-surgery weight was 323 Lbs... I was doing great.. Watching the amount of food I ate ( was not counting calories per say but I weight everything..No more then 4 oz at a time per meal).. I exercise every morning...before I started work at 2PM... Got down to 267 lbs ...Felt good, started buying new clothes at the local  walmart ( not kingsizedirect.com). Then My hours change.. started working 8am to 5pm... my workout went from 4-5 days a week to zero per week. I started to gain my weight back and had to start buying bigmans clothes again. Well now with the holidays all the potlucks at work and so forth I really need to keep an eye out.....

I would like to know is there a simple menu to follow .... I don't really cook but I can do boiled eggs/ lunch meats and cheese/ hamburgers ( no bun) ....Etc

Thanks Doug for the E-mail and referring me to the site.

Need all the help I can get/  Thanks  Joe

« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 10:10:34 PM by bigjoey38 »
Dec 2005- Lapband - 323 lbs... Got down to 267 lbs... Over the years regained weight.
Restart LC on  9/12/15-

Marty

Re: Hi There New to site
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 11:40:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum, bigjoey! I'm sorry you've put the weight back on! How discouraging!!  But now that you've made the committment to FTS, you'll see how good you feel - and you don't HAVE to exercise to lose weight! Do get some almond flour (or make your own using whole almonds and a grinder) and flaxseed meal and check out the One Minute Muffin. So easy and quick - and DELICIOUS! It's very versatile and filling. I like it as a quick breakfast. 

Sometimes I make it in a small shallow pan, cut it in half and use it like bread to make a quick grilled ham and cheese sandwich.  The whole process takes less than 5 minutes. You can even use it for a hamburger bun. Recipe follows.

Look up some of the recipes posted here and get the ingredients.  Just DO IT. You'll get better as you go along.

One-Minute Muffin

1 Tablespoon  butter
  1/4  cup  flaxseed meal -- (can use almond meal, oat fiber, coconut flour or a  mixture)
  1/2  teaspoon  baking powder
  1 egg
  1  teaspoon  xylitol (or 1-2 Spenda pkts or 1 T S/F flavored syrup Torani/Da Vinci)

Melt butter in a coffee cup or measuring cup. Add rest of ingredients and mix well – microwave approximately 50-60 seconds (depending on micro wattage).  Turn out and let cool.  Muffin top should look shiny and a little moist. Serve w/butter or cream cheese while warm or plastic wrap for later.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 08:48:48 AM »
big joey  check out the meal plan a section on the forums homepag. Welcome! :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

bigjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 10:28:04 AM »
Thank you.

Well after the Thanksgiving holiday got on the scale and was 328 Lbs... Thanks Terrible....

For breakfast going to start off with 2 boiled eggs....

Slowly looking at the meal plan section for some ideas... 
Dec 2005- Lapband - 323 lbs... Got down to 267 lbs... Over the years regained weight.
Restart LC on  9/12/15-

joagain

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 11:05:54 AM »
Welcome bigjoey dont look back only forward the first 2 weeks will be hard then all the cravings will be gone !!!

This time next year you can change you name medium joey or maybe even small joey !!!

Marty

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 01:39:57 PM »
BigJoey, when I first started FTS, all I wanted was quick to fix/eat food, and I soon became discouraged by the 'low-carb diet' I assumed. It was boring and I didn't want to look another hard boiled egg in the, uh, face! So finally I had to branch out and try the recipes. I don't particularly like to cook these days, but Doug has some really easy recipes that are delicious! I highly recommend the Macafoney and Cheese dish - the recipe is on the www.fattoskinny.com site - there's a video of Doug making this dish. It's not hard at all and you'll be delighted with it if you crave mac and cheese! You'll find all the support you could wish for on this forum. There are plenty of dishes that don't require fancy ingredients. You post any questions and someone will answer you right away!  :) :)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 03:47:06 PM »
Hi bigjoey! Welcome! I'm very glad you found us! Just stick to the program and you can do it! mine is a single parent family, and it is not always easy. Drink lots of water, and eat plenty of protein, veggies and meat are our mainstays, soemtimes it's frustrating,  but you CAN do it, and we are all here behind you cheering you on :)

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 04:05:40 PM »
Welcome Bigjoey  ;D 
Need all the help I can get/
  You've come to the right place!!   We are all here with ya   ;)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 10:04:07 PM »
Hi Joey and welcome to the forum!  We are all on this journey together, so just jump on in here with us!  If I can do this, anybody can!  I've struggled with my weight all my life, but I believe I can eat the FTS way the rest of my life!  I never feel deprived.  I LOVE desserts, and the recipes here are awesome!   ;D

bigjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 12:12:10 AM »
Thanks Everyone for your support.....
Restart LC on  9/12/15-

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 10:54:39 AM »
Boiled eggs for breakfast??You need pancakes or french toast!!You need help working the search engine in the site Joey?? ???

bigjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 02:48:49 PM »
Yup...still learning the site.
Restart LC on  9/12/15-

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 07:12:47 PM »
Welcome to the family, Joey!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

You can do it! ;D
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 09:37:59 AM »
When you are searching Joey search on the homepage.If you search while you are in the boards you will  only search that board.If you need help holler.Scroll down to the bottom of the pages and you will see numbers those are additional pages.There are tons of recipes. ;)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 08:45:56 PM »
Welcome Joey! With the recipes and Umpa's amazing cooking ideas, you'll never be hungry or feel food deprived again!

Welcome to start of a whole new you :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/