Author Topic: Hi There New to site  (Read 33145 times)

shawn116

Re: Hi There New to site
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 11:51:33 AM »
Trikes are awesome!!  ;D ;D  Wouldn't mind having one myself.. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2011, 12:04:25 PM »
Hi Joey! :)

Since no two of us are alike, weekly weight loss averages will vary from week to week and from person to person.
Therefore, "averages" may or may not apply to you.

Also remember that, whether we like it or not, our bodies have their own clocks and calendars.
So if your following the FTS rules and find yourself losing at a rate less than expected, don't worry.
Part of your journey is learning about how your body reacts to what you eat.

As you proceed through your FTS journey, it's OK to adjust your goals to be realistic with how your body loses.
Since you are within 1 pound of reaching your mini-goal, you did GREAT! :)

Congratulations!!! :) :) :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
Hey jen1975- I like to ride to...when I can... have a 05 Honda VTX 1300R   would like a trike !!!

We have an 02 Harley ElectraGlide Standard.  The hubby would love to get an Ultra Classic.  I'm afraid soon we may have to go with a trike; he has rheumatoid arthritis and he's knees are always the worst.  He hasn't reached the point of accepting that just yet though!  I believe TooSweet rides too... I think they went to Sturgis this past summer.

If you're going to lose weight and keep it off, make sure you set realistic goals.  Healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs per week; some people will lose more than that, some less.  I'm always just happy if my numbers keep going down, however little at a time it is.

shawn116

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2011, 08:25:52 AM »
We sure did and had a blast!!  LOL   
I'm afraid soon we may have to go with a trike; he has rheumatoid arthritis and he's knees are always the worst.  He hasn't reached the point of accepting that just yet though!
  I know what you mean Jen  :-\  I would love to not have to ride on the back but I don't think I could handle one myself with my arthritis  :'(  I think a trike would be a blast though.  We have a 08 Road King at the moment.  Hubs sure would love to have a new one under the tree this year  8)  Not sure Santa is that fat in the wallet  ;)

Keep up the good work Joey you are doing great!  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2011, 08:28:18 AM »
You know Jen I don't know if its the vibration or what ,but I sold my 1980 Superglide(Harley) and went to a dual sport so I could ride in the mountains in North Carolina.When I rode my Harley my knees hurt.When i ride my dualsport they don't.When I owned my harleyshop alot of the older bikers had knee problems.My exhusband had both knees replaced. 8)

bigjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2011, 04:00:36 PM »
Thanks everyone.....

Glad to see bike riders on the board....and thanks fo the advice... 1-2 lbs a week is good for me...

jen1975- Maybe I will see you guys in 2012 on a ride.... I try to do charity rides especially with Law Enforcement. Not to much poker runs, unless its for a good cause...I don't know how to play poker..lol

Off from work on Sat/Sun.... These are tough days since its out of routine on what I eat. I work
11AM to 8PM so when I get home the wife is getting ready to go bed for work the next day.
When we are home together eating is a little tough... For Dinner tonight taco salad ( without the
taco)....
Dec 2005- Lapband - 323 lbs... Got down to 267 lbs... Over the years regained weight.
Restart LC on  9/12/15-

bigjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2011, 11:53:09 PM »
Confession:

Well I mess up today...Went to work this AM and had a donut for Breakfast.... There were three boxes full.

For lunch I just had 2 oz of cheese and some peanuts ...

For dinner I had the wife pick on were she wanted to go... We had Chinese..  I keep it simple
to Beef and mushroom.....but had a few pieces of fudge..

I know I will see it in the morning on the scale, hopefully not much...

I fell of the horse, but getting back up and riding again.
Dec 2005- Lapband - 323 lbs... Got down to 267 lbs... Over the years regained weight.
Restart LC on  9/12/15-

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2011, 08:12:28 AM »
No biggie,just keep moving forward and all will be well ;)

bigjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2011, 10:28:43 AM »

Goal for next week weight in :  318 lbs

Well my goal for this week was 318 lbs:  I weighed in at 319.6 Lbs ( at least I got under 320 lbs).
Had a few bumps on the road this week eating outside the box.
I am getting better in controlling my sweet cravings especially during the evening. I just have a cup of hot diet chocolate cocoa( I find the one with the lowest carb content ) and it does the job.

Restart LC on  9/12/15-

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2011, 11:23:12 AM »
Joey I was a HUGE sweets addict. I wanted sweets everyday, all the time. If you really want to rock this you need to stay completely away from all carbs. Try two weeks with no SF sweets or anything and be completely faithful to the FTS plan. At the end of the two weeks you won't crave a thing. I can now sit a table full of sugary fun stuff and it doesn't bother me at all, you will be able too also!!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:24:46 AM by SherriPie »
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2011, 08:12:11 AM »
sherripie is correct .Get through two weeks ,no sweets (real sugar)and you will lose that craving.After that  if you do want something thats what the Bakery Book is for.Don't deprive yourself or you won't suceed. ;)

owensmath

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2011, 04:41:45 PM »

Goal for next week weight in :  318 lbs

Well my goal for this week was 318 lbs:  I weighed in at 319.6 Lbs ( at least I got under 320 lbs).
Had a few bumps on the road this week eating outside the box.
I am getting better in controlling my sweet cravings especially during the evening. I just have a cup of hot diet chocolate cocoa( I find the one with the lowest carb content ) and it does the job.

If you can get through this first little bit of resisting the cravings, you will accomplish two things: you will strengthen your will power and be proud of yourself AND you will get past the issue of having cravings.  I used to love sweets, but now I find I dn't even crave the SF replacements.   It gives a person a sense of control and power to not give in to one's previous old habits that were destructive.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2011, 09:11:13 AM »
Very true :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »
I too agree, owensmath! :)

I had a HUGE "sweet tooth" before FTS.
But now, I have an urge for something sweet only occasionally.
What you do today is what matters!

bigjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2011, 11:45:43 AM »
Thanks All....
 :)
Restart LC on  9/12/15-