Author Topic: This is hard to say...but...  (Read 3432 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
This is hard to say...but...
« on: November 29, 2011, 10:40:26 PM »
Oh wow. It's a been a long time since I've visited or posted. I've been so busy in my new career, I rarely have time to get on the internet anymore, can't do it at work, and don't have it on my phone :(. Anyhow, I went off the diet for a while, and I've gained 35 pounds. UGH Now, I have to lose 50 in two months to fit into my bride's maid dress on January 28. BUT the first time I dieted I lost 66 pounds in 3 months...so maybe there's hope for me LOL. Anyhow, I went off the diet because it is very terribly hard for me to maintain...and I know a lot of folks on here express the difficulty, and some don't think it's that hard, but being vegan puts me at a great disadvantage for food options. And since I commute 80 miles a day for work, coming home for lunch is not an option. Also, I can't have sugar replacers on top of it. The only one that is even remotely suitable and that doesn't make me seriously sick, is the green, all natural stevia, and I can only use tiny, tiny amounts...not to mention it's way expensive...moreso than almond flour. I am going to be honest in that I am not successful when I'm not on here chatting with everyone, because I need the support, and recipes  :P. I need encouragement, criticism only drives me away, which is why I left last time, plus, it's hard for me to accept criticism when I feel like there's just about no one that can really empathize with the limited food choices I have. Not being able to use eggs, jello, whipping cream, or sugar substitutes really makes it hard, none-the-less the cheese and dairy is outta there and my egg replacer is high in carbs. I come here this time hoping for encouragements, and ideas, people that understand and don't judge. I've been blessed to lose the 96 pounds, but sad to gain 35...I gotta do this, and figure out a way to maintain it. Thanks for listening to me fuss...bless you all.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

Re: This is hard to say...but...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 03:13:06 AM »
Hi TabyandZayBaby
I'm so glad you found your way back to us!!

Trust me I can so relate to you being frustrated with limited food choices.  Please don't think that you are alone in this.  While I am not a vegan I am a diabetic.  Now I am dealing with kidney stones and high cholesterol.  When I found FTS I was so excited because for the first time since being diagnosed I was able to level my blood sugar and come off of all of my meds.  I actually felt normal again if that makes any since...LOL  My eating habits really aren't all that different from before, there are just a lot of things I don't eat any more (sugar and starchy stuff).  Now they are telling me I need to cut the protine and fat for the cholesterol and the dark greens, broccoli, nuts, tea, etc.....(there is a whole list)  for the stones  :o :o  GEEZ LOUISE....My choices are getting quite small to say the least...LOL  He said poultry or fish... I've never been much of a fish eater  :P  and now I really don't know what veggies I can/should have  ??? ???   I think our best bet here for us both is going to be planning..... planning..... planning though.   

I need encouragement, criticism only drives me away, which is why I left last time, plus, it's hard for me to accept criticism when I feel like there's just about no one that can really empathize with the limited food choices I have

Please don't run away dear.... we are all here with you.   :)  We can be frustrated together.... No judging I promise   ;)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 07:32:12 AM »
So glad you are back!  People are here to support you!  I think most of us have lost and gained on and off most of our lives.  When I was in my 20's, I lost 65 pounds on a liquid diet, went off the diet, and gained back ALL of it PLUS more!  I think we have all been there.  I truly agree with you that the getting on this forum everyday is a GREAT key to the success of the program.  For me, it helps me to stay accountable.   Welcome back!   ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 08:08:35 AM »
We are all here for you.I think sometimes we don't want to hear the truth we just aren't ready. We will help you just ask ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 08:42:26 AM »
"and now I really don't know what veggies I can/should have"

Hello Too Sweet, It sounds to me like your doctors are trying to lower your Oxalate intake which in some people causes stones. Has your doctor mentioned this to you? If so the veggies you want to stick with are the lowest Oxalate veggies available which are FTS approved ;

Assparagras
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Collard Greens
Red Bell Peppers
Dill Pickles
Radishes
Turnips
Zucchini 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
Thanks Doug..... Sometimes it seems they are trying to take all my choices away...LOL   ;) ;)  We are waiting for them to analyze the second stone to see if it is from my diet.  I always try to drink plenty of water, so I don't think that is it.  I guess I'll know before long if I need to make a change or possibly take medication..... always another pill  :P   He still says (and I agree) that the benefits I have received from this lifestyle change far out weighs what may be happening now.  I may just need to watch what I eat a little closer  ;) ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 12:54:31 PM »
Welcome back home, TabyandZayBaby! :) :) :) :) :)

Hang in there!!!... You've got your FTS family behind you!
You CAN do this!!! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 03:09:15 PM »
Welcome back, Des. Go to your FB page and look at the food pictures you posted when you first went low-carb. That worked for you then and it will probably work for you now. You just have to get back to the basics. I know you can do it. Big hugs!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 12:11:22 AM »
Thanks everyone! I was able to stick to my diet today again and when I weighed this morning...I was already 12 pounds less than Monday! 12 pounds in 2 1/2 days!!! My record is 16 in a week. I guess what's so great is I can lose a lot really quickly before I plateau. I've really appreciated all of your kind words and encouragement...this is what I come here for...a low carb understanding family!!! Bless you guys. I am gonna weigh again soon and see what happens! I wonder what happened to my ticker? Hmmm need to update anyways :P I'm excited for the weight loss and for some of the new products I'm trying from our local food store! I tried the miracle rice and hated it. It reminded me of fish eggs :\ so my miracle noodles are not even worth trying...I think I do better without them! I am definitely gonna get some food from Dixie Diner this time around, they have a pretty good selection that is vegan AND low-carb! Question friends...I'd like to make a Christmas dinner...it's kind of like my Thanksgiving one...I couldn't find the cornbread recipe, but I did search the holiday recipe thread....maybe I missed it? I have a recipe for seasoning for dressing that will work, just no low carb ideas for the cornbread. Sadly the cranberry sauce is out since I don't do jello...UGH. I did figure out that if you cut or tear up the low carb tortillas, they make great chips :P Hope to catch ya'll tomorrow...thanks again! Rena, thanks, you know, that is a good idea and I will remind myself tonight! TooSweet...I'm so sorry for what you're having to go through, I was post-prandial hypoglycemic at one time...but not now. Now I'm just trying to keep my kidneys healthy for my upcoming transplant surgery. Have a great night!!!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 11:50:52 AM »
...I couldn't find the cornbread recipe, but I did search the holiday recipe thread....maybe I missed it? ...

Hi Des! :)

Here ya go!
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1302.msg11350#msg11350

This cornbread is REALLY good!
Jo outdid herself on this one! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 08:24:40 PM »
Fresh cranberries boiled, drained and add xylitol.No jello needed

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 09:19:40 AM »
JoAnne you look great!! :)

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 07:05:24 PM »
Thanks Umpa! Still have a ways to go yet but I'll keep on keeping on.

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 04:43:28 PM »
Welcome back TabyandZayBaby.  All you can do is do your best and have an attainable goal.  I have never experienced judgement or criticism on this website from anyone so I have no idea what caused you to feel that way.  I know that we are honest with each other because only honesty will keep you honest on the plan. We carb/sugar addicts tend to want to ignore our addiction.  ;)

My daughter is vegan and so was I a few years ago so I understand that pretty much all you are left to fill you is carbs other than veggies and some form of protein.  That is one reason I stopped.  So as a vegan I can empathize on the limited choices.  I would definitely talk to Doug/Umpa and other vegans.  We have a recipe forum for vega. recipes.  Have you seen that?

I wish you the best on your journey to meet your goal.
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!