Author Topic: Scared  (Read 9165 times)

Cindy75

• View Profile
Re: Scared
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 11:06:55 AM »
Your in my thoughts and prayers Jen. Hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 05:04:35 PM »
Trust that all situations are in God's plan for you both good and bad.  I will pray for His will in your life in this situation.  As Doug said...this has been years in the making even though you recently changed your eating habits.  Trust that you are in God's loving hands.  There is a reason for everything and it could be just to bring it to your attention so you would take care of the problems before they got even worse.

You are in my prayers!
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »
Hi all, stress test was this morning.  Initial results are good - they are not showing any problems or damage with my heart! My EKG is still showing abnormalities, so I'm not sure what that really means.  The bigger issue, I may have to learn how to deal with the stress in my life! ???  Anyone have any ideas?!  I never realized that stress could do soo much damage physically.  I mean, my mind hasn't been right in years lol  :P  but this is the biggest physical problem I've ever had... and for it to be caused by stress?! 
  I think right now I'm having the hardest time dealing with the fact that I "allowed" myself to have such a reaction to stress.  Is that stupid? Shouldn't I be able to control this?
  Thanks all for your continues love and support; I truly appreciate everything you all do for me!  I do have a followup appt with my doctor on next Tuesday to go over everything and determine what happens next.
Jen

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 07:02:40 PM »
Exercise! Great stress reliever.  Also, yoga. Relaxing baths. Let the things that stress you go...in the big scheme of things they don't really matter do they?! ;) Read daily devotions for women.The things of this world are of little consequence.  Prayer and time with the Father is the best stress reliever of all.  Just remember that He is in control of EVERYTHING so you need not worry, just do your part and let Him do His.  It changed my life by submitting to Him and asking His will in every situation as well as fully relying on Him.  It takes all the pressure off.  I spent a lot of time trying to control everything...it's a heavy burden to bear.  What a relief it was to give it to Him.

My 2 cents. ;)
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

joagain

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 07:55:38 PM »
Let go & let God !! We only have control of very little ,I had to learn this the hard way when Tyler was diagnosed I worried myself sick for a year  . then I put it HIS hands  . Of course I still worry but I say to myself "Let it go sister "!!! remember today is the day that you worried about yesterday

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 09:25:41 PM »
Aw Jes honey, this was the first post I saw, and I am praying my little heart out for you! Just keep looking up, and knowing that all of us here are behind you 100% !!!<3 ~Renae

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
What I learned from Dougs doctor (who is amazing!!) that stress is not just negative events,its also caused by getting overly excited with happy stuff too.He calls doug a A type personality.We have just learned to create calm in our home and our lives.We talk everything out and never hold things in.We exercise and eat well.We get plenty of rest.We live in a bubble that we allow people in but can close the bubble if we are getting stressed.I also find routine helps.I tell my kids all the time,"you can't control the world but you can control the eight feet around you".And its true. ;) Its all in what you allow Jen :)

jess

• Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to :>
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 04:38:18 PM »
Right on IzzeT and Jo, give it to God.  Sometimes He uses hard situations to get our attention, to make us realize He is sovereign. 
The past two years I have had 30+ laser eye treatments and three surgeries. Twice I was blind for about three days.  Finally, I said ok. Lord if this is your will, ok. I'm yours Jesus. And you only are big enough for my problems. One month ago I was scheduled to have a vatrectomy on my left eye four days after a vatrectomy on my right eye. My church from childhood, my church I now attend, and countless others that I cannot name prayed for healing in my left eye. Three days before the second surgery I met with my eye dr to have pictures taken of my retina and abnormal blood vessels causing so much trouble.  The photos were taken, printed and laid on the dr's desk across from me.  When he picked them up he said "ohh, ohhh my...". I looked at him, scared of what he saw. He turned to me and said "Jessica, the blood vessels pulling on your retina are gone.  They aren't there at all.  Your retina has flattened almost to normal.  I have never seen this."
Well, I know exactly what happened. Jesus healed me. 
I hope my story will encourage you to put your trust in Him.  I am praying for you!
Let go and let God

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 02:50:20 PM »
Hi Jess! :)

I agree with Marty... That is a wonderful testimony.
Praise the Lord!
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 06:16:58 PM »
Blessed Be Jess ;D

jess

• Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to :>
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 10:49:51 PM »
Ahem  ;D. I still have blurred vision in the  left eye....SO!  When I post incorrect nutritional information ( I. E. Ihop) you are allowed to giggle and move on!  ;D
Let go and let God

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 09:05:03 AM »
I only see out of one eye Jess.I have a detached retina.So I can relate to your eye issues ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »
They put pancake batter in the eggs in restaurants to make them fluffy. Lots of hidden carbs like that! ::)

So if you want eggs at a restaurant, the safest bets are sunny-side up, easy-over, poached, or boiled.
Otherwise, your eggs may be booby-trapped! >:(

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 02:59:25 PM »
You're right, Marty! :)

Our experience has been that restaurants are willing to do whatever is necessary to meet their customers' needs.

But like you said, they may add some high-carb ingredient(s) not realizing it.
And you can't really blame them... Our culture has taught us that calories make FAT not carbs.

If, for example, I don't have the nutrition info on their salad dressings, I will ask for plain mayonnaise and/or vinegar to put on my salad.

You can never be too careful. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2011, 12:23:25 AM »
If you are following the FTS rules, it does not matter whether food is fried in lard or veggie oil.
The problem is the POTATO!

But I understand what your saying, Marty.
Restaurants, like other businesses, will follow what their management tells them to do.

But... Smart restaurants understand that if you purposely "fool" your customers, you'll go out of business.
It's just a matter of time.