Author Topic: Giving myself a smaller size for Christmas  (Read 8644 times)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Giving myself a smaller size for Christmas
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 11:39:51 AM »
SherriPie I am so happy for you!!  Isn't shopping fun now!!  Please post a picture of yourself in your new Christmas outfit!!  Enjoy your party!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 11:45:46 AM »
Welcome to the new you!... I'm sooooo happy for you Sherri!!! :) :) :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 04:57:41 PM »
Oh Sherri, I am SO HAPPY for YOU!!  I hope you have a blast at the party.  You blonde bombshell....You will definitely be turning heads (or breaking NECKS) in that outfit!  Sounds beautiful!   Way to go!!   ;D     

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 06:19:31 PM »
You set a goal for yourself and achieved it.  I am so happy for you Sherri!  I knew that you would do it.  I can't wait to see your television debut in January.  I will have to watch the live feed on the internet.  You are such an inspiration.  I know that With FTS you will be able to maintain the body of your dreams....I wish you continued success!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 08:09:18 AM »
You are there sherripie.I have been a size 10 for years and it is very easy to maintain.I like to shop in the juniors department too even if I am 47! :D

shawn116

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »

That is so cool Sherri!!  What a sweet hubby you have... ;)

I'm pairing it with a pair of tight jeans! ME IN TIGHT JEANS can you believe it and no muffin top.

At one time for me the word tight meant that they didn't fit ;D ;D...LOL 

I had a store clerk ask me why I was looking in the plus size section.   That I looked like I could be in a small.... I wanted to hug her  (still not in a small maybe never will be but still...LOL)

Congrat on your 230!!!  That is so amazing girl!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 03:29:52 PM »
... I had a store clerk ask me why I was looking in the plus size section.   That I looked like I could be in a small.... I wanted to hug her  (still not in a small maybe never will be but still...LOL) ...

That's cool, Shawn! :) :) :) :) :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 09:13:03 AM »
I would have her!Very cool 8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 09:14:19 AM »
I would have hugged her!Very cool toosweet 8)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2011, 09:04:13 PM »
Umpa - You've been a size 10 for years you said.  I have a question for you then; How do you lose the fat brain?  I went shopping for an Xmas party and found a great cute shirt - in a medium!  that fits me!  But when I look in the mirror, I look the same.  When I go shopping I automatically go to the XLs.  And all my 14s and 16s are too big for me now, but I feel like I "can't" wear 12s (why? I have no clue).  How do you get rid of the fat mentality?  Sherripie are you/ have you struggled with this?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Re: Giving myself a smaller size for Christmas
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 09:50:07 PM »
You go girl!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 10:55:30 PM »
Umpa - You've been a size 10 for years you said.  I have a question for you then; How do you lose the fat brain?  I went shopping for an Xmas party and found a great cute shirt - in a medium!  that fits me!  But when I look in the mirror, I look the same.  When I go shopping I automatically go to the XLs.  And all my 14s and 16s are too big for me now, but I feel like I "can't" wear 12s (why? I have no clue).  How do you get rid of the fat mentality?  Sherripie are you/ have you struggled with this?

I struggle with it everyday. I always am surprised when anything fits, I still browse Lane Bryants online even though nothing there will fit. I talked with Doug about this and he said it just takes time. I assume it's going to take a bit to get used to it. I still am surprised when I pass by a mirror and see my reflection, I so used to seeing 230 more pounds of me. Hopefully this is our year to lose the fat brains. :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 09:26:08 AM »
I find if I look in a mirror at home I see the old image (I think it's frozen into the mirror).  If I look in a store mirror or see my reflection in a window as I walk by, I see a whole new person.  It is such a nice surprise when shopping that you have to go back to the rack to find a smaller size.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2011, 10:06:18 AM »
Its funny you say that Jen.When I look in the mirror at home I still see fat,but when I look at my self in the mirrors at stores I tell doug we need to bring that mirror home it makes me look great!!! i think it comes from never being satisfied.Girls with curly hair want straight.Girls with straight hair want curly ,etc.I think the best thing you can do is to  look at yourself in the mirror and learn to love the person you see.We are more than a number or a dress size.I am very busty so I would look ridiculous if I got below a 10 and stayed there.(think dolly parton :D) :DI think its finding a weight and size that you feel good   when you look in the mirror and can maintain easily. I think age has a lot  to do with it to.At 47 I am not in competition with  other women either,so I can just love living in my skin ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2011, 11:11:19 AM »
You're funny, Umpa! :D :D :D :D

Our self-image has been developing ever since we were old enough to realize we exist.
The longer we've been FAT, the longer it will take that mental image and expectation to change.

But let not your heart not be troubled... Given enough time, our old self-images will change to meet our new realities.