Author Topic: Hi guys!  (Read 1519 times)

Snobles

• Eat to live, not live to eat!
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanics Wife
    • Email
Hi guys!
« on: December 08, 2011, 02:04:02 PM »
Hi guys! Sorry it's been a while! My youngest son and I are both sick and not feeling well at all! I've been pondering the idea of a flu shot? Never liked the idea of injesting the flu shot in you to get imune to it, but hey, if it'll help? Anybody ever gotten the flu shot?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi guys!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 03:21:48 PM »
Hi Stephanie! :)

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well.

My understanding is that flu shots help in preventing flu.
But once you have it, they do little good.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist to be sure.
What you do today is what matters!

Marty

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 03:30:02 PM »
I used to get the flu shot every year when I was taking care of my parents. I didn't get one last year or this. Got the flu last year instead!  :D

Like Tony said, the flu shot is only good for preventing the flu and you can't take it when you're sick.

The medicos get together and decide which strains of flu are likely to go around and they make the vaccine with a mix of those strains. If they guess wrong or if one gets by them, you can still get sick.  :o

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 05:28:11 PM »
Hi Stephanie.... so sorry you are sick..no fun  :(

I get the flu shot every year.  My doc recommends it to me because of the meds I have to take suppress my immune system.  I'm not sure if it actually helps or because I try to be extra careful but I haven't gotten really sick in a good while.  Knock on wood.... ;D  Watch... It will probably get me this year now  :-\....ha ha :-X  hope you both feel better soon  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 06:08:52 PM »
Never had a flu shot,I take astragulas root everyday for my immune system and it prevents Lyme disease. ;)