Author Topic: I've noticed my weight-loss has come to a screaching hault?  (Read 7634 times)

snobles

I went from 225 to 214lbs. and I seem to do fine for a while, and then it stalls?? Why is this? Should I excersize? I know that's a stupid question! haha...But, you loose the first half, really quick, and the second half, wants to take its time? I have started a small excersize routine, just to get the blood pumping! Any suggestions? Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 02:56:27 PM by Doug Varrieur »

beebs

• View Profile
Dont feel bad. I havent been losing weight either. Ive been stuck at 27 forever now.

owensmath

I've been stuck at 13 for a while, but that's girly talk this week (WINK WINK)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Just keep moving forward , stick to your plan and all will be well.I promise!

beebs

• View Profile
I have to admit with the baking fiascoes and the stalled weight loss, Im feeling very frustrated...

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
You just gave sherripie a woot for 42 lbs! Get motivated beebs my friend!!! ;)

owensmath

Beebs, we all have those times. Just know that those feelings will pass.

beebs

• View Profile
I think it's worse  because it has been raining for about 2 weeks here. That's enough to make anyone nutzo.

kathylowcarb

• View Profile
    • Email
I have bsen stuck, too.  I lost 6 pounds in the first real week I went on low carb.  I even cut drinking 4 cups of coffee down to 2, bought Stevia, instead of splenda, make my own lunches, bought all low carb dressings--2 carbs or lower, and have read and counted everything.  I rarely go to 20 carbs per day (usually under 15)

I went to Disney World the last week of August.  I ate out almost every meal, but stayed the course the best I could.  When I got home and weighed, I dropped another pound.  Then I have stopped.  I started this the first week of August and now it is the 2nd week in September.  The good news is that I do like this way of eating.  I also notice my clothes are more loose and I like getting curves back. 

I have tried many recipes in this forum.  They have all been great.  I worry some that I am not eating enough vegetables, and I almost never eat fruit.  If I do, it is blueberries.  On the vegetable side, I eat a salad daily==about 1 to 2 cups of lettuce, plus  a few vegetables in that--celery and  pepper.  I have tried to add one more low carb vegetable at night.  I hear if I stay the course, I will lose.  Is that really true?

owensmath

Kathy, I have been living the FTS lifestyle since mid-April and I've hit many plateaus. I have been discouraged but never gave up the long term goal. You can do this. Your body will cooperate. You may want to list on here what you eat so we can help you look for any hidden problems. I always ask those who say they aren't losing for a while if they are drinking lots of water or not. We all have different metabolisms so it happens at different paces for everyone. Katary has lost more than twice what I've lost in the same amount of time, but I'm still pleased with my results. I've lost 33 pounds in 5 months, which is just over 6 pounds per month. That doesn't sound like much, but I'm pleased that I'm moving in the right direction and this will be a life changing process.

kathylowcarb

• View Profile
    • Email
Thank you for the encouragement.  My husband is not even trying this way of eating, but he has lost over 5 pounds just because I am doing it.  Life simply is not fair!  He eats desserts, bread, etc., but because I am not eating those things with him, he doesn't eat it as much.

Now, to what I am eating.  This is a typical day:

breakfast:  2 cups coffee with cream and 1/2 pkg. stevia, 2 boiled eggs with a pat of butter, 1 sausage pattie (0 carbs--no fillers)

lunch:  chicken salad made with 0 carb mayo, olives, 1 slice dill pickle, 1 stalk celery, a little bell pepper, 1 cup sugar free jello

if I have an afternoon snack, I have had a 1 oz. wedge of cheese or a palm full of walnuts

Dinner:  a piece of meat--8 oz. or less, maybe with a slice of cheese on it, a tossed salad with low carb dressing, usually ranch, and sometimes spiniach or grilled eggplant.  I have discovered jicama, thanks to Doug's book and sometimes have it.

I have been having an  Asher no sugar added candy bar at night after dinner. 

I have tried not to snack, otherwise. 

I drink at least 5 glasses of water daily, plus the 2 cups of coffee and 2 glasses of diet soda daily. 

Is there anything I need to do differently?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Yes....drop the Asher no sugar added candy bar and replace it with one piece of sugar free hard candy "0" carb of your choice. The hard candy will last as long in your mouth sucking on it as the entire Asher no sugar added candy bar without any where near the quantity of sugar alcohols. You should also add in an evening stroll while you enjoy your hard candy :)  Lets get the scale moving again!  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

kathylowcarb

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I've noticed my weight-loss has come to a screaching hault?
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 03:40:45 PM »
I'll do it.  Your advice last time was right on.  Thank you.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 03:54:03 PM »
Don't worry about it!!!
Your weight did not ALL come upon you quickly.
So to, it will not all leave you quickly.
This is normal and IT WILL PASS if you continue to be faithful to the FTS lifestyle and consume less than 20 net carbs per day.

I have had a few "stalls" (i.e. plateaus) myself.
In fact the last couple of weeks have been more stalls than loss.
After my first two weeks, I lost 11 pounds easy peasy.
Then the loss rate slowed WAY down with a series of stalls with a few pounds weight loss in between.

Often during a stall, our bodies are simply readjusting themselves to our new weight partly by losing inches.
Right after each of my stalls, I measure myself and find that I've lost an inch or so here and there.

However, if you want to "jolt" your body out of a stall, try what Doug suggests (for example, reduce/eliminate sugar alcohols, eat more green veggies, drink plenty of water, exercise more, etc.) and your weight loss should soon resume.

BTW, always drink AT LEAST 8-10 eight ounce glasses of PLAIN WATER every day! It will help you stay healthy, help your weight loss along, and help prevent flabby and/or "loose skin" after significant weight loss.
What you do today is what matters!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 10:00:11 PM »

BTW, always drink AT LEAST 8-10 eight ounce glasses of PLAIN WATER every day! It will help you stay healthy, help your [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] along, and help prevent flabby and/or "loose skin" after significant [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url].

I wasn't aware that the water helps with making the skin shrink back to normal. Any other secrets we should know about???
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/