Author Topic: Should I be concerned about this?  (Read 1896 times)

Snobles

• Eat to live, not live to eat!
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanics Wife
    • Email
Should I be concerned about this?
« on: December 12, 2011, 04:36:22 PM »
Hey guys. Got the results from my a1c, from like June! and it was 6.2, she did another test today. Should I be concerned about a 6.2, only reason I'm worried is, it's never been that high before! And also, after I took my shoes off, LoL...and the nurse told me to take off my jacket, I weighed in at 198! I love it when my home scale and the dr.'s scale cooperate!! LoL...

owensmath

Re: Should I be concerned about this?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 04:55:09 PM »
Mine was at 11+ when it was first checked. After a few months on FTS, it dropped to 6.2ish. Now I don't take any meds for it at all.

Snobles

• Eat to live, not live to eat!
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanics Wife
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 05:03:28 PM »
@Owensmath, that's cool, I'm not a diabetic, that's why I was concerned. That's cool you don't take meds! I think my husband loves saying that he's not a diabetic anymore!

owensmath

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 06:08:18 PM »
Well, my blood sugar may be mostly stabilized, but my doctor and my nurse with the insurance company wellness program always remind me that I  have a disease that is temporarily under control. I see this when I check my blood sugar in the mornings. It was 138 this morning and I ate no food after 3 p.m. Yesterday. Then, it will be like 89 during the day. He told me that I could do everything right and still have the numbers show up high eventually. He said it isn't my fault when they are high when I am doing no sugar and low carb. It is just the way diabetes works. It is rather depressing to think that my previous lifestyle of sugar and high carb foods basically caused this lifelong battle with a disease. I don't like the thought  that I  am not in control of what happens in my body.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 06:57:45 PM »
Well, my blood sugar may be mostly stabilized, but my doctor and my nurse with the insurance company wellness program always remind me that I  have a disease that is temporarily under control. I see this when I check my blood sugar in the mornings. It was 138 this morning and I ate no food after 3 p.m. Yesterday. Then, it will be like 89 during the day. He told me that I could do everything right and still have the numbers show up high eventually. He said it isn't my fault when they are high when I am doing no sugar and low carb. It is just the way diabetes works. It is rather depressing to think that my previous lifestyle of sugar and high carb foods basically caused this lifelong battle with a disease. I don't like the thought  that I  am not in control of what happens in my body.

Hi owensmath! :)

I understand completely!

If we ever go back to eating the way we did before FTS, our blood sugar would go out of control again.
We will always be sensitive to large amounts of carbohydrates.

However, we will be able to eat more of them after we reach goal and no longer need to lose any weight.
How much more depends on our individual metabolisms.

As long as we live the FTS lifestyle, we will not need to battle the disease.
But for those of us who do not... sadly, the battle will continue.

Blood sugar content will bounce around a lot even for those who do not have insulin sensitivity problems.
So don't be alarmed or concerned! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

owensmath

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 08:29:20 PM »
But mine bounces up and down even without the carbs. It has been up around 170 at times.
According to my doctor, once youbhave developed diabetes, it is always there. You may keep it under control for a while, but it can flare up at any time.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 11:12:08 AM »
But mine bounces up and down even without the carbs. It has been up around 170 at times.
According to my doctor, once youbhave developed diabetes, it is always there. You may keep it under control for a while, but it can flare up at any time.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your blood sugar levels ,owensmath! :(

Since I've been living low carb, my blood sugar has been well within normal limits.
My doctor said that as long as I do not allow my weight to go back up, I should be fine and no longer need to take Metformin.

I guess it shows that no two of us are alike and that doctors still have a lot to learn about diabetes, blood sugar, and carbs.

However, I think that goes without saying that people like us with insulin resistance problems that go back to a high carb eating lifestyle are likely to exhibit type II diabetes symptoms including chronically high blood sugar levels.

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 04:54:09 PM »
I'm so glad we have the knowledge to help our bodies deal ...... FTS ROCKS  ;D ;D ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 07:26:24 PM »
I'm so glad we have the knowledge to help our bodies deal ...... FTS ROCKS  ;D ;D ;D

Yes it does, Shawn!... Yes it does!!! ;D ;D ;D