Author Topic: Mini Donut Baker  (Read 10323 times)

skychant

• View Profile
Mini Donut Baker
« on: December 14, 2011, 05:44:40 PM »
This week Walmart has mini donut bakers on sale for $14.88.  These sit on the counter top and bake 7 mini donuts and when they are through baking a light indicates that they are done.  I tracked down a Walmart that has them in stock and bought one as a Christmas gift to myself.
I am really excited to try the chocolate donut recipe out of the bakery book tomorrow.  I will report back to let you know how they turn out.  I do believe that they will remain on sale until Saturday. 

owensmath

Re: Mini Donut Baker
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 07:31:11 PM »
I bought one two weeks ago and haven't had time to take it out of the box. About a year ago, I bought a mini donut pan you use in the oven.....it is also still in the box!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 01:55:57 PM »
Everytime I see one of those cutie little makers at the store I tell my husband we need one. I want to get the little cupcake maker. You know the one minute muffin things you guys are always making? Do you think you could use it for that? How about making egg mini omelets? I am getting hungry just thinking about it!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 02:52:57 PM »
Skychant you are down 30 pounds thats great! ;) ;) Let us know how the doughnuts turn out

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 08:41:56 PM »
I was in Walmart today and picked up one of these.  I have to say this thing is pretty awesome!!  ;D  Thanks skychant for the tip  ;)  I would say it is well worth the $14.88 and so easy to use.  Here is what I made with it tonight... ( I couldn't wait to try it out...LOL )  I used the chocolate donut recipe in the bakery book on page 193.  I threw in a handful of sugar free chocolate chips and about 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.  MAN OH MAN!!!  The picture shows a plate that isn't as full as it should be  ;) ;)   This little gem is going to be fun

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 10:18:59 AM »
Oh my gosh those look good!!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 11:39:52 AM »
That's a cool gadget! :)
What you do today is what matters!

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 06:26:08 PM »
TooSweet, those look good enough to take to a Christmas Party.  I regret that I haven't had time to use mine yet but will soon.  I have been seeing a commercial for Macy's on television that shows the mini donut makers on sale.  It will be nice to use in the summer time and not have to heat up the oven.  They also make great gifts.

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 02:15:00 AM »
If anyone has $16 go on to Walmart and pick one of these things up.  It is so quick and easy to use.  It makes 7 little minis at a time in about 5 minutes or so.  Way faster and no oven  ;)  It makes these almost as easy as a one minute muffin

Skychant you are so right about them being great for a Christmas party.  I was thinking of trying the no carrot carrot cake in there and putting a cream cheese icing on top. 

Guys the plate you see is only about 6-7 carbs for all of them....... I believe there were about 28 all together.  Just about everything I put in there was 0 carb except the chocolate chips and the nuts.  If I hadn't put those in.....you got it a big 0  ;D ;D ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 08:02:40 AM »
You go girl! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 03:26:18 PM »
Hi Shawn! :)

What was the brand name of that mini donut maker?
I would like to call our nearest WalMart and find out if they have any in stock.

I could only find one at WalMart.com.
But it looks different and costs $19.00 (plus tax).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nostalgia-Electrics-Mini-Orbital-Donut-Maker/17242563

What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »
Hi Tony

I've been trying to find a link to it but nothing comes up   :-\  The box says Holiday times mini donut maker.  They had a big display up by the cash registers.  You can choose from mini donut or mini cup cake for $14.88.  I guess it doesn't show up because it is a seasonal item??  weird...LOL  If you call I would think they could tell you if they have them though  ;)

Here is the same thing a Amazon  ;D http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NUV0T4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=coofadamo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B003NUV0T4  It is just a little more but may be worth it to not have to mess with Walmart  ;)   Hope this helps!!

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »
Hey Marty!!  I'm curious what kind you are making...LOL  Send us some pics  ;D ;D

PS...going back for the cup cake maker  ;) ;)   By the way I'm thinking would be great to make corndog poppers with Joagain's cornbread recipe and a hotdog chunk in the middle  Hmmmmmm  ::)  maybe cheese chunk and jalapeno???  The ideas are really spinning...LOL  Off to Walmart I go!!!

owensmath

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »
I made some chocolate mini donuts and topped them with SF honey and Land O Lakes SF whipped topping. They were okay, but not out of this world.  The fiber from the flax seed was ... Um... Productive.... Which is a good thing!

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 07:13:05 PM »
Don't those look good!!   ;D