Author Topic: Would love some chocolate fudge!!!  (Read 5190 times)

MommaB

• View Profile
Would love some chocolate fudge!!!
« on: December 15, 2011, 12:47:23 PM »
Ok...so here's my recipe for fudge...hope there's a fts alternative for this one!!!  ;D  I just bought some WF marshmallow dip hoping there was some way to make a little bit for me!!!   ::)

Thanks Umpa!!! I can't wait!!!    ;)
MommaB

Fantasy Fudge

6 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups margarine
1 1/3 cups evaporated milk
2 - 12oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 - 13oz. jar marshmallow cream
2 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugar, margarine, & milk in a heavy 5 qt. pot; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling for 5 min. over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate pieces until melted. Add remaining ingredients; stir until well blended. Pour into 2 greased 13x9 inch baking pans. Cool at room temp. & cut into squares.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Would love some chocolate fudge!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 02:56:14 PM »

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 11:50:14 PM »
Thanks Umpa!!! That's funny cause I did a search on fudge and came up with nothing!!  :o

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »
Dixie diner makes a great fudge mix too ,its called 5 minute fudge.Its a little expensive though.I made Jo's first recipe and it has a nice flavor but i didn't get it to firm up yet mommaB.I am gonna put it in the freezer and see if that works.If it doesn't I will just turn it into a cheesecake. :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 10:31:13 AM »
 :D :D :D :D  Me thinks you are a scale addict,you need a 12 step program! Maybe if you stand on your head on the scale??? :D :D :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 11:35:36 AM »
Umpa, you've been peeking! I do just about everything else but stand on my head! :D :D :D Actually, I was thinking it might be too much salt, so I've hidden the salt shaker and stopped diet sodas, packaged meats, etc. I'm looking sideways at my coffee now and will start drinking just hot water soon. This is so typical of my body - to stall for weeks and weeks.

Hi Marty! :)

Good ideas. But you don't have to give up your coffee. Just drink it in moderation.

You might also steer clear of the sweeteners for a while. They are known to cause stall outs.
This may be difficult with Christmas so close. But it's definitely a doable after the holiday.

I've been stalled for quite some time now too. But know it's because of my portion sizes.
That will be addressed next Monday... the day after Christmas.
What you do today is what matters!

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 12:51:39 AM »
I will be making fudge for my sweet hubby and to put on the "dessert tray" that I'm making for our church's CHRISTmas Eve dinner, but will not be partaking myself! I enjoy my beanit butter/chocolate shake and that usually takes care of the chocolate craving, so it's all good!!  Thanks Umpa for the Dixie Diner idea, but money is terribly short right now, especially for a "luxury" like fudge!! lol   :D

Rena

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 12:59:36 AM »
I will be making fudge for my sweet hubby and to put on the "dessert tray" that I'm making for our church's CHRISTmas Eve dinner, but will not be partaking myself! I enjoy my beanit butter/chocolate shake and that usually takes care of the chocolate craving, so it's all good!!  Thanks Umpa for the Dixie Diner idea, but money is terribly short right now, especially for a "luxury" like fudge!! lol   :D

I hear you on the money thing! You know though ... Umpa's Peanut Butter Cups are probably the closest thing to a fudge recipe. I just made one of the ones listed here, and it was good, but it was more like a chocolate butter. The PB cups are an inexpensive way to make a fun holiday treat!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 08:31:17 AM »
You know Rena thats a great idea! I think I can make peanut butter fudge!Will report back ;)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 11:56:25 AM »
I never was one to eat much candy  or choc. till I went on FTS and found out about the Russell Stoffers sf.  Than for a treat I got to eating way too much of that, my weight loss stalled and I got very discouraged, So I know  that for me, I cannot even have them in the house no more if I want to see the scale go down.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

Rena

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 02:29:37 PM »
Let me know how it turns out, Umpa -- I think the PB cups chocolate is more like fudge.

I'm going to make some with peppermint extract and crushed up SF candy canes on top. :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 07:47:18 PM »
I never was one to eat much candy  or choc. till I went on FTS and found out about the Russell Stoffers sf.  Than for a treat I got to eating way too much of that, my [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] stalled and I got very discouraged, So I know  that for me, I cannot even have them in the house no more if I want to see the scale go down.

Hi Rosie! :)

Sugar alcohols in SF candies will cause weight loss to stop in anyone if they eat more than their metabolisms can handle.
How much will differ from one person to the next.
But if you've stalled, stopping them altogether for a time is a good idea! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 08:57:41 AM »
Gonna make this today ;)

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 03:50:21 PM »