Author Topic: Need HELP w/Mini Cupcake Maker  (Read 3075 times)

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
Need HELP w/Mini Cupcake Maker
« on: December 23, 2011, 05:37:04 PM »
Hi, Everyone!!

Could someone tell me what the heck I am doing wrong???!!!    :o :o  After reading about the mini donut and cupcake bakers, I HAD to have them!  :D

I made Umpa's Chocolate Bakery Cake; waited 10 min for the baker to heat (directions say 2-3 when steady green light stays on -  never had only the green lite-at first was the amber lite, then both lights on); sprayed with Pam; checked progress after 3-5 min.   My second batch turned out cute little mini cupcakes, but the other 3 batches IMPLODED, a big flat chocolate mess with 7 holes in the center was found under the lid!!!  :o :o :o :o :o

So bummed!!!!   Tried troubleshooting via google but found nothing.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!   TIA :)

Happy Holidays, everyone!!!

shawn116

Re: Need HELP w/Mini Cupcake Maker
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 08:42:57 PM »
Oh wow... I bet that was disappointing  :(   I'm not sure I can offer any help yet... I only made one set with mine to see how it would do.  ( I was making the mini donuts  ;D)  I picked up some cup cake papers to see if that would make it easier though.  I had a bit of trouble getting them out without messing them up.  I'm not sure what happened with yours Romarc??  I plan on making some tonight I'll report back how it goes.... keep your fingers crossed for me  ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:02:48 PM by TooSweet »

Marty

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 09:09:04 PM »
I can't help either, romarc. Sorry. I made the no carrot carrot cake recipe and it all worked out great. But I made gingersnap cookies once that totally flopped. I never figured it out. I just moved on. :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 08:51:44 AM »
I haven't gotten the  machines yet  :(  Sold out here.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 11:55:20 AM »
Merry Christmas, romarc! :)

First, be sure that the ingredient amounts are correct.
Baking is more of an exact science than most other cooking.

Second, do not overfill the doughnut reservoirs in the maker.

Third, keep in mind that the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. batches will be cooking on a surface that's already hot when adding raw ingredients.
Allow less cooking time for those batches.

The "implosion" was likely due to a combination of those things.
Once you get the hang of it, these little makers are fun and use much less energy than a conventional oven.
What you do today is what matters!