Author Topic: Hair is thinning /Sea Kelp ?  (Read 6117 times)

joagain

Hair is thinning /Sea Kelp ?
« on: December 29, 2011, 06:41:27 AM »
Umpa I dont know if anyone else is haveing this problem but my hair is really thining on each side of my head right where most mens hairline recedes (that is also where all my gray is ) . I heard that sea kelp helps . I know that you know alot about natural herbs can you tell me if this would help or has this happen with nay body so far . Thanks Umpa
If sea Kelp would help is there a certain kind I should get alos how much should I take ?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hair is thinning /Sea Kelp ?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 08:30:24 AM »
The best herb for hairloss is MSM 4500 mg aday. Most hairloss is genetic. Low levels of protein can also cause hairloss.Sea kelp is good for you but I am afraid it won't help.Below is the link for where I buy my vitamins.They have the best prices on the web.
www.swansonvitamins.com

joagain

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 08:33:24 AM »
Thank you mrs Umpa ! :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 08:34:54 AM »
Your welcome Mrs Jo! :D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 11:23:18 PM »
Make sure your thyroid is working.  Hypothyroidism causes hair loss, too.  The good news is that it is reversible if that's the cause.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 08:43:20 AM »
That is correct Jo .But didn't you just have your thyroid checked? :)

joagain

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 08:45:36 AM »
yes but they would not treat it as a problem becaue it was 3.6 
I think I need meds but 2 doctors would not treat it dont have money to doctor hop or I would

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 10:53:50 PM »
I'm having the same problem, Jo! Not on the sides, but just thinning out! I have very long hair, but my pony tail is much smaller than it used to be! I just had a friend tell me that gingko-biloba is good for hair growth! Umpa, what do you know about that!?!

Thanks for your help!   ;)

joagain

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 05:31:51 AM »
MommaB I read that losing weight will do it sometimes :( darn sure dont want to get to our weight loss goal and be bald ! That would be my luck  :P Well I guess I would look better as a thin bald woman then a fat bald woman  :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 09:07:21 AM »
It has nothing to do with weight loss. :D Blame your mother! Its in the gene pool! Try the msm from swanson vitamins.I think its still on sale buy one get one free :D Gingco won't help just msm.

joagain

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 09:30:42 AM »
Blame my mama ? LOL I think it was my daddy  ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 01:28:56 PM »
Blame my mama ? LOL I think it was my daddy  ;D

I KNOW it was my daddy! :D :D :D
What you do today is what matters!

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 07:51:17 PM »
My mom went on phentermine/prozac combo many years ago and lost over half her hair.  It wasn't so much that she lost weight, but that she lost SO much weight SO quickly.  The doctor told her that losing that much weight (not sure I think she lost 60+ in a VERY short amount of time) messes up the hormones and causes hairloss.  I don't think that's what's causing yours Jo (please don't take that wrong, I just mean that you aren't losing 30lbs a month!!).  I looked around a little and some other things that can cause it is stress, hormone changes, low iron levels  and even pulling hair back too tightly all the time (as well as hypothyroidism).  Make sure you are getting your omegas and B vitamins too.  Dunno if that helps at all... :-\

Marty

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 07:57:31 PM »
My sister's hair was thinning and she used the generic Rogaine for women. She said it really did work. Took some time, be patient. Her eyebrows and eyelashes got thicker, too.

My daughter started losing her hair in chunks - also had pain in her joints and muscles - turned out to be stress. Got a divorce and her hair came back and pain went away.

My friend lost her hair in chunks until it was all gone. It was thyroid. She finally got medicine and it's coming back now. She had other symptoms - rash, sleeplessness (itchy rash), flaky skin... not a pretty sight!

joagain

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 08:55:17 PM »
Boy I feel great now LOL

Just kidding I think it is from pulling my hair back cause my hair is long now and has not been ,also it is only thin where my hair is gray almost white . Which is the same place my dads hair receded at a young age and my first son already has .

Yeah Jen for sure from be a fast loser !!! & no I did not take the wrong way  ;D rograine you just can never stop using it & as far as my thyroid it was 3.6 but they will not give me meds ,they say it is fine .

Umpa will the MSM work quickly does it take a long time to see results ?