Author Topic: new girl  (Read 6067 times)

sweeties

• View Profile
    • Email
new girl
« on: January 09, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »
I have not even started yet. I have to go shopping yet. I do not want to order on line, so does anyone know what health food stores to get the gg bran crisp bread. Does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to start because I am alittle nervous of cutting out sugars cold turkey.

joagain

Re: new girl
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 05:51:23 PM »
Welcome to FTS ,but I am afraid to tell you that you have to do it cold turkey if you dont you will just prelong the detox and never get the sugar out of your system . You will have withdrawls some have more then others put you have to do it .
Your cravings will not go away if you eat a little sugar . I felt good for 2 days when I started then I felt terrible the 3rd day and then it got better each day . I liked to drink Broth when I was cravin something .

Good Luck but FTS will not work if you dont jump in with both feet !!!! some health stores have the GG crackers .

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 05:59:35 PM »
Welcome to the family, sweeties!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I've always bought my GG Bran online directly from GG.
https://www.brancrispbread.com/order.aspx
I have not seen it in any local stores. But like Jo said, some health food stores do.

Have you read Doug's book?
If not, read it ASAP. He outlines excellent ways to get started.

As a quick starter for you...

Remove all high carb junk from your home.

Replace those things with low carb alternatives... Some you can buy. Others are best made at home.
Alternatives are discussed in the book and in the recipe sections of this forum.

Eat no more than 20 net carbs per day.

NEVER eat when you're not hungry.

Eat only enough to satisfy your body's hunger, and no more.
Doug talks about how to learn when, and how much, you should eat in his book.

Be prepared for those times when you're away from home and get hungry by keeping low carb snacks handy.
As examples; protein bars, almonds, walnuts, pecans, beef jerky (without added sugar), hard boiled eggs, cheeses, etc..

Focus on lean proteins and green veggies.
Always check carb charts for veggie carb counts.

For most folks, the first 10-14 days are tough due to experiencing "sugar detox".
Your cravings for carbs may be higher at this time.
But once you get through it, the cravings will go away and you'll feel fantastic! ;D

But most important of all... Understand that this is a lifestyle change and that you must commit 100% to it to be successful.
If you remember that you will be watching carbs the rest of your life, this is easy to get very comfortable with.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your FTS journey!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 06:42:16 PM »
Great advice, Montuen! :)

I forgot to tell her about water and how important it is.

And "water" means plain water. No additives.
It flushes toxins (including the remains of burnt fat) out of our bodies.
It also helps our skin keep it's elasticity which helps us to avoid excess lose skin as we lose weight.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 06:52:08 PM »
Hi Sweeties!  Welcome to the forum!  Jump on in here with us!  We are all in this together.  ;D

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 07:14:46 PM »
Hi Sweeties  everyone has already given great advise so I'll just welcome you to the FTS family  ;D   You'll do just fine with the detox....don't be nervous we'll be right here with you  ;)  We like to talk around here so come in and say hey often...... ;D

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 07:28:43 AM »
welcome sweeties, you have come to the right place.. ask away.. we are here...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 09:14:33 AM »
Hi Sweeties, the first book I ever wrote is called "THE CHERRY TREE" It's a book loaded up with little "cherries" of wisdom which can . Here's the first "Cherry" in the book;

“The toughest part about getting it done is getting it started!

It couldn’t be truer! Talk, talk, talk, talk…. Quit talking about it and do something about it.  Take action, wait no more. Once you’ve begun, the hardest part’s behind you. It makes no difference what it is.

Whether it's a project, quitting smoking, losing weight, whatever it is, get it started today and before you know it…… it will be done.

Open your book, read it and pick a breakfast from the cookbook section.......enjoy your food. Then make a snack tray from the snack tray section of the book to pick on today. Don't eat another meal until you're truly hungry, forget the clock listen to your body. When you want another meal open up the book and pick one. Don't worry, you'll be OK :)

For those interested in more info about THE CHERRY TREE click here- http://www.fattoskinny.com/thecherrytree.htm 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 09:17:37 AM »
Welcome sweeties! You can do this!!Where do you live?

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 09:52:27 AM »
Welcome, Sweeties.  The only thing I want to add is that not everyone has a difficult detox.  I breezed through it.  I don't suggest you set yourself up for failure by not being realistic, but you may be one of the lucky ones.  My trick for the sugar cravings was to eat a few dill pickle slices.  The taste buds for "sour" are right next to the taste buds for "sweet" so that will often help you get through it.  Another craving tip that my brother got in an stop smoking clinic:  cravings only last for seconds.  Count to ten and move away.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 09:57:15 AM »
What a great idea Andrea :)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 10:33:11 AM »
well said Andrea and you are right, not everyone has a bad detox...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

sweeties

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »
I want to thank everyone for the support and suggestions. I read the book twice already. I set a goal to start and tomorrow I will be going shopping. The suggestion about cleaning out pantry is not good for me . I watch my grandchildren everyday and my husband who is thin thinks I am beauitful fat so that does not help. I will just have to take a shelf for myself. I need to do this not only for me but my kids and grandkids who have terrible eating habbits. I am Italian who was brought up to believe food is happiness. I will have to set an example for everyone. No excuses anymore. I have had a very tramatic year in 2011 and used that as an excuse. I am also diabetic. I am now the head of the family and will teach by doing not saying. The trouble I have is portion control. I will do it. Any more suggestions are always welcome. I will be checking the forum as much as I can. I also watch a 6month old grandson who naps so I will check then. Thank you all again. I need all of you and cannot wait to loose my first pound. thanks jo

sweeties

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 11:04:10 AM »
oh by the way I live in Apollo Beach Florida. I am 57 and weigh 162 at 5'1". I guess I am confused about shopping and what I should buy to start. I am going through the book and making a list. My doctor told me my confusion was from trauma and sugar. I hope so because that means I will get my brain back. lol

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 12:19:07 PM »
... The trouble I have is portion control. I will do it. Any more suggestions are always welcome. ...

Hi Jo! :)

Portion control can be accomplished if you remember that you should eat ONLY when hungry and eat MORE than 3 times a day.
This will help prevent the body's natural famine response... Which is "Eat as much as possible! Food may be gone soon!".

Never allow yourself to become hungry between meals by enjoying zero or very low carb snacks.

And follow Doug's 5 rules to GUARANTEE success;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1072.msg8767#msg8767

In the beginning, getting your body and mind accustomed to the FTS lifestyle is a challenge for many folks.
Hang in there!... We're here to help you!

Tony