Author Topic: For those of you that use Heavy cream in your coffee  (Read 2976 times)

joagain

For those of you that use Heavy cream in your coffee
« on: January 13, 2012, 02:00:35 PM »
How much do you use for your coffee 1 T  ? 1t 2,3,4,5,

Just curious . I get up so early that I drink more coffee then I need to but I measured out what I used and it was 4 Tablespoons !!!!! :P Is that too much or is it ok as long as I count the carbs  I counted 4 carbs just to be on the high side

Just wondering what yall thought

Rena

Re: For those of you that use Heavy cream in your coffee
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:00:10 PM »
I normally drink 3 cups of coffee in the morning. When I was using heavy cream, I picked the smallest mug we had and then used a teaspoon for each mug. That equaled one "serving" of cream. But, as you know, cream and I have "issues", so I haven't been buying it as much. I've switched to the sugar-free coffee creamers instead. Coffeemate is 2 carbs per tablespoon, but International Delights and some store brands are 1 carb. Since I can't whip those up into pudding (HA!), I've been using them instead. I have been using one full serving per cup though, and I would like to start breaking it up a little. I wish I could just drink it black like I used to, but I can't.

joagain

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 06:12:07 PM »
I wonder if the land o lakes mini moos are really 0 carb  probably not I like them better then the heavy cream

Rena

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 08:04:38 PM »
I wonder if the land o lakes mini moos are really 0 carb  probably not I like them better then the heavy cream

I don't know, but I found those little cups aren't enough, so I end up using two which probably bumps it up to a carb.

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:42:24 PM »
my regular whipping cream is 0 carbs.. I like my coffee light..
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 09:52:45 PM »
I use the 0 carb heavy whipping cream in mine too, but I don't so much mind it without either.  I'm trying to cut down on the cream that I use for now...that is now that I have most that I had on hand in the freezer  ;D  I'm with you Jo...it can add up.  Especially now that it is cold out....that is all I want to drink. 

joagain

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 05:43:28 AM »
Alex even if it has 0 carb it is really like  1/2 carb for 1 T . if you dont eat many carbs I guess it doesnt hurt. But you have to be strict with your other carbs or it will make you go over .
I know  <I know  everything in morderation but that is why most of us or here we have a problem with moderation LOL well I do hence why I am not losing .

Rena

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 11:47:37 AM »
Heavy whippping cream and Rena can't be trusted being in the same room together.  :D

joagain

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »
I actually like half and half better but it is 1 carb per Tablespoon I believe . So I just going to have to count mine cause I dont like drinking coffee without it

Montuen  thanks for checking I started putting half reg /half decaf in my pot if you do that it will help with your headaches when you do cut back . I wonder how much doug & umpa use ? maybe the same as us

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 03:29:25 PM »
I wonder is mixing it half and half with almond milk would taste ok??  It would cut the carb count way down.....Just something I was tossing around in my head...LOL  Thought I would try is tomorrow at coffee time  ::)  Any one try it or have thoughts?

joagain

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 03:49:33 PM »
Toosweet I tried just almond milk before and it was not good at all to me , but we know what they say about opinions LOL

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 04:00:52 PM »
 :D :D   I know Jo  LOL  That is why I wondered if maybe 1/2?  Maybe not...LOL  I didn't even like the almond milk when I first had it  ::)  Now I love the stuff.  I do get cranky if you mess with my coffee to much though   :-\

Rena

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 04:22:56 PM »
I tried almond milk in my coffee, but it's not creamy enough. Funny, but I can drink it black with a sweetener. It's definitely a catch-22. If you use heavy cream, you're adding a lot of fat to your intake. If you use too many sweeteners, you get an upset stomach. As with everything, it all comes down to moderation. Sometimes when it's cold in the afternoon or evening, I switch to tea because I don't have to have creamer in that.

BTW -- I'm trying to cut down on some fat because my eye doctor said I looked like I might have high cholesterol. I'll have it checked at my next doctor visit. Apparently, he could see something during my eye exam that showed that. I was eating a lot of HWC around the time of my appointment.

joagain

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 07:48:51 PM »
LOL rena and your heavy cream addiction . I love the almond milk with the smaps but I have to put sweetner in it If I do drink it . I dont like to use a lot of sweetners if possible . I wish I could give up coffee but it is one addiction that I might just have to deal with LOL

I have had that one quite a while  :-\

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 09:49:50 AM »
I drink 2 large cups of coffee in the morning.I use to use heavy whipping cream but we weren't using it quick enough and it was separating.So I made the switch to half and half.I use about a teaspoon per cup.About 3 oclock I have a cuban espresso called cafe bustello.I like it black with one packet of stevia. If you are stalled the menu boards or a food journal will help you find the hidden carbs.For all of those that are new you can post your meals on the meal boards on the homepage and we will look at them and tell you changes to make or what is stalling you out. ;)