Author Topic: Ready to bake!  (Read 4030 times)

AliciaInTX

Ready to bake!
« on: January 17, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
Weee!! I'm getting so excited to try a cookie recipe! :)  Got my FTS cookbook downloaded and my xylitol, almond flour and beanit butter arrived in the mail on Friday! I'm still a little nervous about baking something....that will sit in the fridge STARING at me. :) But my awesomest neighbor stopped by yesterday to tell me she'd read the book she borrowed from me (FTS) and was ready to jump on board! I told her that now that we were BOTH doing it, maybe we could SHARE things we bake, so we don't end up with a bunch of cookies tempting us! :)
Hmm...now, what should I bake first?

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ready to bake!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 08:08:35 PM »
Ive only done the Umpa Doodles cookies and they were so yummy....
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

AliciaInTX

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:44:36 PM »
I have a new best friend and his name is Beanit Butter!!! :)    :D  THANK YOU, Umpa....for saving me from sabotaging myself tonight. I was feeling blue and feeling like I needed a sweet treat (not jello) and was so close to just hopping in my car and driving to the nearest corner store to load up on candy. Then, I decided NOT to. I found your recipe for Beanit Butter cookies, whipped up half a batch, popped 'em in the oven and I know I'll be happy with just one....because I tasted the batter and it was very rich but yummy! A couple will go to my sweet neighbor who just started FTS and the rest will head to the freezer for the next rainy day. :) I am PLEASED with myself and so glad you were there to save me from feeling totally guilty and frustrated with myself.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:38:51 AM by AliciaInTX »

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 11:14:31 PM »
Way to go Alicia!!  The key is to always be prepared...LOL  You never know when a craving will strike or you feel hungry.  If you have something on hand you will be less likely to go astray  ;)  Umpa and Doug have some wonderful recipes.  I think my favorites are the brownies, umpa doodles, no carrot cake, pumpkin bread and the cheese cake  Yummmm.  Heck I haven't found too many that I didn't like  LOL  Happy baking  ;)

Rena

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 12:08:06 AM »
I like the Beanit Butter Cookies and the Peanut Butter Cups. Those are both super easy to make, so that's probably why I like them. Jo's brownies are pretty good, too (Tyler's Low Sugar Brownies).

Happy baking!  :)

joagain

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 04:57:24 AM »
The berry crumb cake is very good it is in the bakery book . Umpa can I make that without the berries ?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 09:13:22 AM »
I think it's important to always have the ability to pop a sweet in your mouth without sabotaging your eating plan. Currently we have FALL SPICE BALLS in the fridge, they are wonderful! You'll find them in the Bakery Book. Having a Beanit Butter cookie, Fall spice ball, or any of the other Bakery Book sweets in controlled quantity will satisfy that sweet tooth and you'll still stay on track. Remember though, they are not a food group.  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 09:27:42 AM »
You are welcome Alicia ;) Store the cookies in the freezer that way they are not staring you in the face everytime you open the fridge. Its important to have things on hand when you are in a grazing mood,not really hungry just grazing.I like to keep italian coldcuts and cheeses for grazing.The fat fills you up quick and keeps you full. ;)
Jo yes but it will be dry.It gets alot of moisture from the berries. :)

Rena

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 10:06:03 AM »
Remember though, they are not a food group.  ;)

HUH?  :o

Whatch you talkin' bout, Willis?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 10:12:41 AM »
 :D :D :D :D i thought chocolate was  a vegetable!!! >:(

joagain

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »
LOL Doug is a party pooper !!!! :D

AliciaInTX

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 11:04:32 AM »
You guys are awesome. Thanks! As if I needed more encouragement, I'm now wearing a "size too small" pair of jeans that I'd stuck on a high shelf. I pulled them down today thinking I might be crazy to think I could actually fit into them....but lo and behold....no pinching or squeazing, they. just. fit.

THRILLED and so glad I don't have to feel guilty this morning for blowing it last night! I ate one cookie and it was enough to appease me. I put the rest in the fridge but will move them to the freezer, as per Umpa's instructions.

Thank you!

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 01:46:55 PM »

i thought chocolate was  a vegetable!

You mean it's not a veggie???  LOL   ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 10:17:42 AM »
I admit....... :'(...................I am .............a..... :'(........Choco-holic! :D :D :D :D :D :D

AliciaInTX

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 12:18:12 PM »
Hey, Umpa...did I get the right Beanit Butter? It says it has 1 g. carbs from sugar. I thought the Beanit Butter was 0? Is there another kind out there that I missed?