Author Topic: Hi from New Zealand  (Read 4930 times)

Curtain Girl

• View Profile
Hi from New Zealand
« on: January 20, 2012, 06:33:12 AM »
Just started on Monday, and have had a great week so far. Have lost 1.6Kg in 5 days. I'm one of identical quads, and we are very competitive.  I haven't told them about your amazing book yet. Just waiting till we all get together again. We have all had our problems with weight. My highest at 92kg. I did get down to 70kg but with work, training, kids and a business to run, my eating has been a bit out of control. So I have about 16kg to get back to that goal. I love cycling ( road & mountain) and have started to get back into that. Thanks for having this forum. Its a great way to get support. Catch you again soon,  Cheers, Curtain Girl.   PS Whats a good snack for in the evenings after dinner? We don't have all the yummy stuff at the supermarkets that you guys have.

shawn116

Re: Hi from New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 07:04:31 AM »
Hi Curtain Girl welcome to the FTS family!  You are going to love it here there is so much wonderful support and information.  Congrats on the 3 1/2 lbs lost so far!!  You are doing great  ;D  How cool it must be to be one of identical quads!!!  

As for snacks in the evening.....my favorite go to is just plain roasted walnuts or almonds. (They seem to keep me from getting hungry again)  Sometimes when I want something sweet I go for the sf Jello with whipped cream or if I have a baked goodie in the freezer.  Doug and Umpa have a fantastic sugar free bakery book if you don't already have it I highly recommend it, but there are quite a few great recipes roaming around the forum.  If you have any questions just ask and someone will chime in.  

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 07:56:39 AM by TooSweet »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 07:41:36 AM »
HiYa Curtain Girl! Welcome to the forum! I am Umpa ,Dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.My favorite snack in the evenings is peanuts in the shell because the shell slows me down.Pumpkin seeds are good too.The snack trays are in the book. ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »
Welcome Curtain Girl, I found this link for you to check out- http://www.lowcarbnz.co.nz/Products/buyproducts.htm  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Curtain Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 01:34:03 PM »
Thanks guys, will look up that web site. Thanks heaps for finding the web site for me. It will be a great help. I'm not sure what the conversion rate is for kg into pounds. Just bear with me. Being a quad is cool. You get to see a haircut or new style before you decide to have it done!! Also we have the best hand me downs. Some clothes do a couple of curcits before falling of the the radar.  Curtain Girl

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 02:20:58 PM »
Hi Curtain Girl!  We are SO happy to have you on the forum with us!  Welcome!!   ;D

Rena

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 03:21:07 PM »
Welcome, Curtain Girl!

NZ is such a beautiful place. If I could travel anywhere, it would be there. :)

AliciaInTX

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »
Welcome!!! :)  My favorite evening after dinner snack WAS jello with a little whipped cream and a few slivered almonds on top...but I made Umpa's Beanit Butter cookies a few nights ago and that has been my snack. They are SO good ...and eating just one is surprisingly filling and takes care of my cravings for sweet stuff.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 09:27:18 AM »
Curtaingirl you crack me up! :D

Curtain Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »
Can't wait for Wednesday. Going to my sister liz house. Wonder what clothes shes got that I might like. Havn't seen her for since Xams. My sisters and I are really close even though we live 2-3 hrs apart. We ring each other at least once a day.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 08:29:33 AM »

Here you go Curtain Girl

1 pound = .454 KG

1 KG = 2.204 pounds

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 09:36:57 AM »
What fun! Gonna bring her a book? :)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 10:25:31 AM »
Hmmm...while looking to see where the battery is located on my scale, I just noticed a switch that will change it over to KG.   I may give THAT a try!  I like the sound of THAT number better!!   :D :D :D

Curtain Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 04:14:41 AM »
Wow, first week done and dusted. Lost 2.2kg which in your language is just about 5lbs. Very happy with that. Had a bad headache yesterday and reading though some of the threads found out what that is caused by. Some on you guys have lost a ton of weight. I am very impressed and glad that I have found this great lifestyle plan. Told my big sister (by 5 Min's) today about the plan. She seems interested. Will take my book with me, but she will have to buy her own copy. My one feels like a good luck charm. Need to keep it with me. LOL  Tried the mashed potato recipe tonight. Love it, even the kids who hate cauliflower. Its called Mums special potato mash. And I told the kids it has secrets ingreds in it. (A bit like KFC) Went and did a big supermarket shop today, and found heaps of things that are OK to eat. Gosh that label reading gets additive. The 20min shop took 1hr. My husband even rang my mobile to make sure I was alright. Maybe he though I had been taken out by the huge canned baked bean display. I told him I was OK and that I would have to bring my glasses to the supermarket next time I come. Boy those labels can get pretty small. Well hope you all have a lovely day, and don't forget to SLAY THAT DRAGON .

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 08:02:16 AM »
Curtain girl, do you have a picture of you and all your sisters together as children? Love to see it :) Shrink it to 127KB and post it in a post as an attachment. 128KB is the largest photo file size allowed.  8)